• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Standing On The Sun finally leaked in full and it's just as divine now as it was a year ago.

Also, Mariah is confirmed to be the upcoming iTunes surprise release.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Avril Lavigne proving to the world she's forever stuck in the middle school stage of life. Actually on second thought I'll just post a photo of something similar Lady GaGa did with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu glaring in the bg.

Both videos sucked I'm so disappointed in the Birthday one (It could have at least been something cute like come on)

[IMG139]https://24.media.tumblr.com/33486db282972a1468c8ac4e9401ea89/tumblr_n4imnsha3z1tuaj3no1_500.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Geekachu

It's hardly a surprise when she's basically released half the album as lead singles already. The surprise is unneeded, it's inherently enough of a shock to know that she will be releasing it.

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
So Ain't It Fun by Paramore moved up to #21 on the Hot 100 this week, making it their biggest US hit so far. It's currently sitting at #12 on iTunes, after a peak of #9 (I think). I'm absolutely thrilled for them and I'm hoping they can break into the top 20 next week but I don't know what their chances are considering there's other factors like radio and streaming to consider. To be honest I'm surprised they're getting more success with this song than they are with Still Into You, but it's a nice surprise.

Geekachu

And it's really bad

Oh and for anyone interested, Gwen Stefani confirmed she'll be joining The Voice US as a coach (as well as Pharrell, I believe). This is less interesting than the real news that she may well be releasing new solo material soon.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This is less interesting than the real news that she may well be releasing new solo material soon.

Really? I thought she said that The Sweet Escape was her last solo album? I love Gwen, but I'd rather see her work with No Doubt some more.

Geekachu

To coincide with a previous post of mine on this page, Mariah Carey has recently announced her new iTunes-*exclusive* album release, giving Fiona Apple a run for her money with the mouthful of a title 'Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chateuse', toted for a May 27th release date.

It's not exactly a Beyoncé-esque release as everyone was anticipating; just a normal digital-only album release with prerelease details and a few of the songs already released. Here's the artwork:

[img139]http://cdn.rap-up.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/me-i-am-mariah-cover.jpg[/img139]

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
<Katy's video>
Ummm, okay. The princess part was cute at least, lol.

MV was hella dumb. The video ruined the happy vibe of the song for me. Birthday reminded me of Katy's earlier works (Waking Up In Vegas, which was golden, and LFNTGIF, which was decent to above average) and I really liked that about the song, it brought back the good (or at least failingly decent) times in pop.

<Avril's Video>
Yeah, Avril Lavinge's new MV isn't racist at all.

Maybe this whole time Avril Lavigne-chan has been Japanese this whole time and has been exploiting western pop music by posing as a blond Canadian.
I cannot stop laughing at whenever she says, "Kawaii!"
This video is immensely boring that it never occured to me she was actually in Japan until I saw it another time (which I had to do with the sound OFF).

Really? I thought she said that The Sweet Escape was her last solo album? I love Gwen, but I'd rather see her work with No Doubt some more.

This. Settle Down was okay, no thanks to the bleh! music vibe of 2013, and I was hoping that they'd release another title track/single to bring them back up.

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Pop music is too mainstream, catchy, and reptitive. I can't listen to it, or I'd knock myself out cold.
But I will listen to Ariana Grande or Lana Del Rey, they're my faves. Except, I don't really like Lana Del Rey's mainstream songs...I like digging deep for songs like
"TV in Black and White"
Has anyone listened to Ariana's new single Problem? Iggy ruined it-No Joke, Other than that, I loved it. And her performance at I <3 radio was awesomee.

Last edited:

Geekachu

For someone who finds Iggy Azalea to be one of the most unimpressive things in pop music, I thought her verse on the song was cute.

Thanks as well to the person who neg repped my previous post in this thread with the exact comment 'No body cares'. Your eloquence and wit was really valued.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I don't know, it would be "one less problem" without Iggy.
I'm pumped for her album. Can't believe it's been over a year since The Way debuted, seems like yesterday..

Kreayshawn

OMG so Lady Gaga's artRAVe started today. She played unreleased songs such as Ratchet (Just the instrumental), and Cake Like Lady Gaga.

BUT she also played Partynauseous!! It was a song that was supposed to be released on Kendrick Lamar's album but was scrapped.

This sounds AMAZING. It's only about 2 minutes tho. I need the studio version NOW!!

http://artlift.tumblr.com/post/84792907076

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I watched some videos of the artRave performances. I love the stage and how colorful everything is. I also liked all of Gaga's tour outfits, which is a first. I can't wait to go in July.

Geekachu

It also seemed a lot less narrative-driven than her last few tours and a lot more of a spontaneous rave. The performances were still enjoyable and it was a great surprise to see PARTYNAUSEOUS.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

Chris-kun

i still believe
Foxes' Glorious is out around the internet now and it's amazing. It's giving me something to love in 2014.

So far, this album and Lykke Li's I Never Learn are my only real highlights of 2014 I hope ULTRAVIOLENCE is good.

Speaking of Lana:

10341899_736905396351913_765170442288689957_n.jpg

Cover

and Track List:
CRUEL WORLD
ULTRAVIOLENCE
SHADES OF COOL
BROOKLYN BABY
WEST COAST
SAD GIRL
PRETTY WHEN YOU CRY
MONEY POWER GLORY