• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekachu

I like the idea behind having a casual photo as the Ultraviolence album cover but I think the image itself is just a bit boring and inconsequential. Her face looks reallly asymmetrical and lop-sided too.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Gaga changing on stage with her tig ol bitties hanging out during the "ratchet" intermission was amaZing.
I will say I do wish she brought some throwback into her wardrobe like the lightning bolt.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
artRAVE and the Prismatic Tour both look really fun. Can't wait to see Katy but I've still got to get my hands on some Gaga tickets. I actually really like the cover for Ultraviolence, if the sound reflects the styling I think I'm going to love the album. I wish Ariana would announce a new album, too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Ultraviolence album cover looks nice. Very vintage. I can't say that I'm eagerly anticipating the album release though; West Coast was disappointing imo, so I'm cynical about it.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Solange Knowles' biggest hit in a long time

And yes that is Jay-Z and Beyonce in there as well. Judging from the wardrobe, it seems to have been right after the Met Gala.

Well I hope everything is alright cause I need my Bey focused on her next album (I'm still jamming to "Partition") and her On The Run Tour. She is coming to my area on Jul 11. I think imma go for it and see her!

Last edited:

Geekachu

[video=youtube;kOTEx7p-IkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOTEx7p-IkM[/video]

As for Solange-gate I wouldn't be surprised if she was either drunk or just had a history of histrionic behaviour. Wouldn't be too far-fetched given how she's Bey's younger sister, and the unsurprised and muted reaction from both Beyonce and Jay almost indicates a lack of surprise from the two.

Popboi

The Elusive Trainer
Loving many albums from this year so far, Kiss Me Once, Ghost Stories, Glorious and A Perfect Contradiction just to name a few.

Anyone here likes Pixie Lott? Her self titled album's previews are in iTunes UK and I AM IN LOVE, so happy she is back.

Solange Knowles' biggest hit in a long time

And yes that is Jay-Z and Beyonce in there as well. Judging from the wardrobe, it seems to have been right after the Met Gala.

Well I hope everything is alright cause I need my Bey focused on her next album (I'm still jamming to "Partition") and her On The Run Tour. She is coming to my area on Jul 11. I think imma go for it and see her!
Screaming at the biggest hit part.

Last edited:

Rakansen

ラルフ
I'm not sure how many of you guys know about these news already, but there's some pretty big news in both the pop AND video game industry, I finally know who I'll main for the next Super Smash Bros. game:
[video=youtube;xHDRyu3gcjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHDRyu3gcjs[/video]

Also, apparently there are some people who actually dislike the Ultraviolence cover. Lol? I really like it.

RickHoenn

Banned
How 2014 has been sucking so far exactly? It's been a very diverse year, not everything have to be dance-pop/electro-pop y'know, meh...

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
How 2014 has been sucking so far exactly? It's been a very diverse year, not everything have to be dance-pop/electro-pop y'know, meh...

Look at the Billboard Hot 100. It's barely changed. John Legend and Pharrell keep swapping out over the top spot, a lot of songs from 2013 are still on there ("Let It Go", "Pompeii" [although to be fair that's only just reached the Hot 100 this year], "Demons", "Talk Dirty", "Dark Horse"), and nothing new has really come along yet and made a huge impression. Iggy Azalea's making progress, but that's about it. I mean, this is the pop music thread, and it's looking at how the genre holds up this year.

Actually, even outside that, the year doesn't look that interesting. It got off to a good start with East India Youth but he's only of interest to the electronic/experimental music scene. I'm looking over all the albums released in 2014 so far and the only ones that caught my eye are by St. Vincent, Elbow and Pixies; and none of these had any real big impact. There's not been a BIG album release compared to 2013, what with Random Access Memories, Beyoncé, The 20/20 Experience, Artpop, The Marshall Mathers LP 2, The Next Day, Magna Carta Holy Grail, Yeezus...regardless of what you thought of those albums, they got considerable fanfare and buzz. They felt like events. It says a lot that in 2014, the biggest hype so far is for Sony raiding more of Michael Jackson's unfinished works for money.

There's also Coldplay, I suppose, but even by Coldplay standards Ghost Stories sounds dull and lifeless as Chris Martin mopes about his divorce.

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
ghost stories is solid actually and a welcome departure from the stylings of mylo xyloto

Last edited:

Geekachu

I'm not a fan of Coldplay in the slightest but I agree in that I actually really enjoyed Ghost Stories. I'm kinda tempted to buy it tbh. I just wish that (I'm assuming) their label hadn't pushed for them to have a commercial track on there because A Sky Full of Stars really disrupts the ambiance.

But the middle section of True Love, Midnight and Another's Arms is too flawless. Ghost Stories and The Black Keys' 'Turn Blue' are the only albums I've enjoyed this year, but I have every faith that Frank Ocean and possibly Kanye/Kendrick may release some year-saving albums later on.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I'm not sure how many of you guys know about these news already, but there's some pretty big news in both the pop AND video game industry, I finally know who I'll main for the next Super Smash Bros. game:
[video=youtube;xHDRyu3gcjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHDRyu3gcjs[/video]

Also, apparently there are some people who actually dislike the Ultraviolence cover. Lol? I really like it.

Omg I'm dying on the new challenger reveal. "Rocks a fella" haha
Think she will ride this hype and make a so g about it to get some publicity?

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
ARIANA FINALLY RELEASED STUDIO VERSION OF BOYFRIEND MATERIAL.
Personally, I thought that was one of her top songs, I heard she was supposed to add it into Yours Truly, but she didn't
Rumors say it was because some Japanese singer ripped her off, and used the instrumental and made her own song.
I dont know if that was ever the reason why she didn't include it in her album, but yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU59LIe23Hc

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
A Sky Full of Stars really disrupts the ambiance.

totally agree, that song is pretty rubbish. midnight, always in my head, o, oceans and magic are probably the tracks on there i'd rank as good and memorable (esp the first two)

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
Ultraviolence is pretty much the only album of 2014 I'm waiting for. So excited, ugh I hope its as perfect as Lana is.

Geekachu

[video=youtube;_krlUcsyUV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_krlUcsyUV8[/video]

Can't tell whether it's boring or not. At the very least it's not as aurally offensive as the pop songs on Roman Reloaded.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Nicki Minaj's lead single to The Pink Print (I believe):

[video=youtube;_krlUcsyUV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_krlUcsyUV8[/video]

Can't tell whether it's boring or not. At the very least it's not as aurally offensive as the pop songs on Roman Reloaded.

Wow.. That actually sounds halfway decent.. I had given up hope! xD

Nicki Minaj's lead single to The Pink Print (I believe):

Nice find. Personally, I'm really liking Sia's Chandelier, which is drumming up to be a big pop song. Almost anthem-like, reminiscent of Titantium.

[video=youtube;_8DS-h67qEiY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DS-h67qEiY[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.