• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Even though I'm a Nicki stan, I found Pills N Potions to be a little bland. I wanted another dance-pop song from her or at least a grungy rap track, but PNP sounds too mellow for my tastes. It's still decent though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Even though I'm a Nicki stan, I found Pills N Potions to be a little bland. I wanted another dance-pop song from her or at least a grungy rap track, but PNP sounds too mellow for my tastes. It's still decent though.

I like her diversity as well, but I had (kinda) hoped that she steered away from the over the top Starship'ish tracks. This is really not what I expected.. it feels heartfelt, especially when compared to. Loved Starships though, just wanted to see more.

Floette

Fennekin

I'm a Nicki Minaj stan as well, and the legions of fellow Nicki stans on twitter seem to love Pills N Potions. As for me, I think its beautiful... I'm so proud of her. It was such a smart choice as the first single off The Pink Print. It is meaningful and has radio playability. It has also gotten crazy critical acclaim. By the way I'm on a high right now because Nicki favorited my tweet :p By the way, the iTunes link is up and its doing fantastic on the charts considering it was just released and there were so many glitches with it yesterday!

My view of Pills N Potions is that its a raw emotional song with hard-hitting verses. What brings it all together is the hook & chorus. A lot of celebrities and critics have praised it, saying its a mature development for Nicki. She said yesterday in an interview that she doesn't feel the need to label herself as "Pop" or "Rap" and that she wants The Pink Print just to have music that can tell a story. She also said that the only confirmed feature on the album currently, which is "90% done", is a female. She also said we should not worry- there will be a few "twerkable" songs on the album!

Pills N Potions is now on iTunes and Google Play. Single artwork here!
nicki-minaj-pills-n-potions-single-cover1.jpg

Nyter

Island Challenger
I really dig the song I just hope it doesn't get overplayed where I can't stand it.
And I do like her pop antics but she already stated she won't be doing any pop-based music anytime soon so don't expect a "SUPER BASS 2.0"

Geekachu

[imgsize=300]http://i.imgur.com/zi4HjaQ.jpg[/imgsize]

Also Lana Del Rey has released a second song from Ultraviolence, a pseudo-James Bond theme 'Shades of Cool' (which is rather decent tbf)

[video=youtube;KuX_xwghhsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuX_xwghhsw[/video]

It's like 2012 all over again.

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Lana's new song isn't boring moot ! :(
Haha, jk--it's just an opinion.
But yeah, I love that song. Yo, Lana is my girl ok.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Angus & Julia Stone have finally announced their new album and released the first single
662jPME.gif

[video=youtube;o9BFZn-l9mo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9BFZn-l9mo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

i'm so hyped. also love the 80s font

e: julia is my wife irl

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
tbh I have to agree with moot. I'm very mixed on Lana's general discography (Radio is her best song by far, and I actually enjoyed West Coast) but Shades of Cool did nothing for me.

Angus & Julia Stone have finally announced their new album and released the first single
662jPME.gif

[video=youtube;o9BFZn-l9mo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9BFZn-l9mo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

i'm so hyped. also love the 80s font

e: julia is my wife irl

This is a good song. I'll have to look more into their stuff, colour me genuinely impressed.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Ariana released the video for Problem 2 days ago! The video's alright imo but I would've liked some sort of story. Still a great song, hoping it can get that #1.

[video=youtube;iS1g8G_njx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS1g8G_njx8&index=1&list=UU0VOyT2OCBKdQhF3BAbZ-1g[/video]

HoennMaster

[video=youtube;5XEXIGUhk1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XEXIGUhk1I[/video]

Not as awesome as FFTL, Promise This, or Call My Name, but catchy none the less. Really hope her next album is great. 3 Words was hit and miss, Messy Little Raindrops was mostly miss, but she really stepped it up for A Million Lights so there is some hope.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I was really losing my love for Nicki when I heard all songs in The Re-Up.
Now, Pills N Potions is getting me back into her. The song is by far my next favorite out of her singles (Super Bass though).

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
@Moogles--I see what you mean, but I thought Shades of Cool had a nice tune. But Ultraviolence & that other song she released is sorta boring imo

Geekachu

zhixun

I used to be Eminem's fan since his rapping was not fast but the lyrics was awesome. However I think Rap God is worse than Not Afraid/ Without Me/ The Real Slim Shady. Another comment I would like to say is for Busta Rhymes. He used to be a good rapper but the song he made in the last two years was worse than before especially when Chris Brown featured in Why Stop Now.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
There is a few songs far and few between, but for the most part everything that is out nowadays is way to generic, I used to like tegan and sara before they got famous, now they are and they sound like 15 other bands/performers/singers, everything that has came out this past year sounds like stuff from the past 2-5 years. I think the music industry is far to influenced by one another to actually come to terms with the fact of having something that is mainstream and derives individual sound and consistency, is this to much to ask? It actually makes the 90's seem good again for one reason, diversity.

Geekachu

There is a few songs far and few between, but for the most part everything that is out nowadays is way to generic, I used to like tegan and sara before they got famous, now they are and they sound like 15 other bands/performers/singers, everything that has came out this past year sounds like stuff from the past 2-5 years. I think the music industry is far to influenced by one another to actually come to terms with the fact of having something that is mainstream and derives individual sound and consistency, is this to much to ask? It actually makes the 90's seem good again for one reason, diversity.

People don't appreciate enough how diverse and eclectic music is today. Especially with streaming, I really believe we're living in the pinnacle of music consumption. Pop music may seem generic if your frame of reference only goes as far as the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.