• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
In other news!!! Is anyone excited for Taylor's up and coming new single/album? Her candids in New York have been so on point lately (even though it's pretty obvious they're mostly for promo). I think she's probably hesitant to release information far in advance after Mine got leaked like 3 weeks early in 2010. It wouldn't surprise me if she announced the single release the day before tbh.

Of course~!

Taylor never ever ever disappoints.

By the way, Terrakion here, once again reporting for duty! In my absence I've become a Moderator on ATRL. How things have changed from the days when I used to partake in trashing them in here.

Cheek to Cheek appears to be close as well, I'm so excited for that.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Anything Goes sounds nice. It's exactly what I expected from Cheek to Cheek, although it doesn't sound commercial, which is the only downside imho.

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
It's very good, in my opinion, and I'm glad she's taken this direction.

Of course I would hope that it results in some cute album sales (though I of course don't expect any miracles) and some Grammy Awards if she's really lucky, but what I think it the best is that she actually sounds like this material comes more naturally to her. This could end up being a far batter album than I'd expected.

parasky

[video=youtube_share;7RMQksXpQSk]http://youtu.be/7RMQksXpQSk[/video]

Mariah Carey-oke though.

I like the music video itself, but the song is like a more PG-13 of We Can't Stop. Ugh.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Lorde is in charge of selecting the track list for the Mockingjay Part 1 album. This could either be really good or really bad, I've loved the songs of the last two releases. Highlights of the first for me were "Safe and Sound", "Dark Days", "Rules", "Just a Game", and "Eyes Open". From the second, I loved "We Remain", and other highlights were "Atlas", "Elastic Heart", Lorde's cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" (so hopefully the next release will be just as good), "Who We Are", and whatever Ellie Goulding song that was. I'd love to hear from other people who love the music that comes with the Hunger Games movies.

I'm personally rooting for Problem for Best Pop Video, Timber for Best Collaboration, and Chandelier for Video of the Year. I really love all three, especially Chandelier. I've had it on repeat for over a month... :x

Geekachu

Anything Goes is feasible, if not for the slight over singing by Gaga. Cheek2Cheek could be a promising effort given that we're basically guaranteed to have executive input on this album rather than Gaga's alone.

And I feel really bad for loving the new Maroon 5 song but god damn it's infectious

Lorde

[video=youtube_share;7RMQksXpQSk]http://youtu.be/7RMQksXpQSk[/video]

Mariah Carey-oke though.

I like the music video itself, but the song is like a more PG-13 of We Can't Stop. Ugh.

I've always liked the song, but the vid made me cringe a bit (especially that Aretha reference) and overall, it lacked a certain something. The concept just felt hollow imo.

Geekachu

Nah. I don't really follow them so I don't know what their situation is but I've heard this other new one called 'It Was Always You' and lord I hate myself for bopping

Rakansen

ラルフ
I've always liked the song, but the vid made me cringe a bit (especially that Aretha reference) and overall, it lacked a certain something. The concept just felt hollow imo.

I really liked the song AND the video! It took a very artistic approach towards the laid-back partying vibe of the song, and it gave the song a lot of justice, since I know a lot of people who dislike this song.

A new Maroon 5 song is coming out? Well, I guess that comes to show how little I care about the band...

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Has anyone listened to the FKA Twigs album that leaked a while ago? I had never heard of her before but it was definitely worth the listen.

[video=youtube;3yDP9MKVhZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDP9MKVhZc[/video]

wc662

Green Goblin
Iggy is good, pills and potions (though I haven't listened to anything but the single) is kind of the life I live right now heh I can relate hurts... Iggy's old song P^^^^ was good

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
<video>

Mariah Carey-oke though.

Meh, this got annoying real fast. And where can I get a gif of that twerking ice cream?
I am personally losing interest in Katy. She's been going downhill since The One That Got Away.
Dark Horse was a pretty good dance track, though.

Has anyone listened to the FKA Twigs album that leaked a while ago? I had never heard of her before but it was definitely worth the listen.

[video=youtube;3yDP9MKVhZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDP9MKVhZc[/video]

I was really thinking "Oh my goodness, something new!" but when I listened to all of her tracks I was only impressed with Papi Pacify.

Last edited:

Rakansen

ラルフ
[video=youtube;nfWlot6h_JM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM#t=37[/video]

So Taylor released the lead single for her new album 1989, which is supposed to be her first official pop album. Thoughts? I think it's pretty good. It's not something completely different from what she does, and it doesn't have the best writing, but I like how she's trying something new and branching out from breakup music.

Lorde

I want to like Taylor's new song, but it sounds a bit uninspired imho. Just another radio-friendly Max Martin-produced song that could've been sung by anyone imo. Cute vid though.

Geekachu

Yeah, the whole notion of Taylor 'selling out' can be quashed by the fact that these accusations happened with the release of Red, and the fact that a few of her older songs (You Belong With Me) have had a pop core to them.

I'm in two minds about Shake It Off. I think it's enjoyable and really shows Taylor's good ear for a pop melody, but as Lorde said it's lyrically banal and the chorus reads like Katy Perry wrote it. At face value though I can enjoy it as an infectious track and I think the title and concept for her next album is really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.