• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The recently-leaked Never Gonna Leave You sounds kind of bland imo. I hope it's not on 25 or whatever Adele's next album will be called. I need a cute bop like RITD from her again.

Rakansen

ラルフ
Did anyone get "My Everything" or "Cheek to Cheek?" I didn't get the latter because I'm not a huge fan of Gaga or Tony Bennett, but I got "My Everything" for free from the Play store. It's alright, but I feel as though, outside from the songs she's already released, Ariana doesn't have much good songs to release from the album (except for maybe "Be My Baby" and "Love Me Harder"). Some of the ballads are obviously filler tracks, and some upbeat songs (I'm looking at you, "Hands on Me") are horribly bad...

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Did anyone get "My Everything" or "Cheek to Cheek?"

I love My Everything! I don't think it flows as well as Yours Truly but there's some real gems on there (Break Free, Love Me Harder, Break Your Heart Right Back). Kinda sad how it's already being given away for free though.

Also, Lorde's new song "Yellow Flicker Beat" for Mockingjay is out! It's so good, can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack.

[video=youtube;e1S9HUNoI4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1S9HUNoI4k[/video]

Lorde

Kinda sad how it's already being given away for free though.

I was pressed when I found out tbh. I love the album, but I wish Google Play had given it away for free back in August; I could've saved my coins.

And Lorde's new song is cute.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Out Of The Woods is so good! Definitely feel like 1989 is going to be her best album yet. Also, apparently she had the biggest lead on iTunes ever today (but the song she had a lead over was Shake It Off lol).

I was really confused about Katy at Super Bowl tbh because I'm sure like 3 days before it was announced she said she wouldn't perform? Kinda messy.

Lorde

I hope that Katy's Super Bowl performance is good at least, although I doubt she'll top Beyonce's or Madonna's SB performances; they're both amazing performers and I feel that Katy lacks great performance skills, but maybe she'll prove me wrong.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Can I just say that if there is one person that we should all keep an eye on, it's definitely Nathan Sykes. The voice this guy has, it never ceases to amaze me. Now that the Wanted have broken up, I'm eager to see where he will go with his music. I can't wait for him to release his album, it's gonna be great.

Just putting that out there.

Lorde

I love Gwen, but Baby Don't Lie is kind of underwhelming as a comeback single in my view. She's done reggae-esque songs before, but the sound is old and tired now in my opinion. Baby Don't Lie sounds like a Push and Shove reject; I just expected more is all.

Geekachu

Not sure what to think of Gwen's new track. It's an effective song, but I can't help but think we should have received some pop opus. This through no fault of her own, though. I think she's been [deservedly] placed on a very high pedestal by pop followers, so too many people expected more.

It's still a promising song though. I mean, at least it's not a steaming hot mess like 'L.A. Love'.

Can I just say that if there is one person that we should all keep an eye on, it's definitely Nathan Sykes.

Mm. I don't see it.

Lorde

So I listened to 1989 and I didn't like it much. The lead single has grown on me, but the album in general sounds like a Katy Perry album with Lorde influences. It's just slightly generic in my opinion.

Geekachu

Taylor and Katy are nothing alike musically. Prism was filled with sterile, bland production with lyrics which were literally stringed together by cliches. Taylor is a far superior lyricist and I thought the production combined with the album title/motif fit together perfectly. Never really been here for Taylor before but she delivered musically and she showed up the rest of the pop girls with this album.

Mrmuffin123

First Male Swiftie
(Had to pop in for Taylor) I don't think that 1989 is like a Katy a Perry album, but it's the same sort of thing Taylor's been singing about before. I like the album, But I just think that it would be better if she had some more original things to sing about.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I don't know what that new Taylor Swift song is, shake it? What? I just heard it multiple times and I actually really like the song

I have to disagree with the statement about how Taylor and Katie are alike..

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I don't know what that new Taylor Swift song is, shake it? What? I just heard it multiple times and I actually really like the song

Shake It Off. I actually love the song, its so catchy.

Speaking of Taylor, I got 1989 today and I actually am really enjoying it. I've only got up to Style but I really like Blank Space.

I'll eat your cake.

I'll make it feel like your Birthday everyday.

Guess, guys.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Guess who finally got 1989. Yep, that's right. I did. I actually do really do enjoy it.

I'm gonna have to disagree, I don't really think 1989 sounds anything like a Katy Perry album. I don't really think Taylor and Katy are anything alike when it comes to music. I don't really care for Katy Perry though, tbh.

Lorde

I was merely referring to the fact that both of their last albums were at least half written/produced by Max Martin. I can tell the similarities just from listening to the hooks and melodies of several songs. :x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.