• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Wow, Gaga slayed at the Super Bowl with the national anthem. But Queen Bey is coming up...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Beyonce's Formation video looks cool although I don't like the song much since I'm not a fan of trap music myself. I'm hyped for Beyonce's SB performance however. :D

xEryChan

Demon Child
Has anyone listened to Pillow Talk yet? I'm surprised I like the song as much as I do. I didn't particuarly care for Zayn when he was in One Direction and I didn't think I was going to like his solo stuff either but Pillow Talk sure has surprised me.

The video on the other hand was a complete mess.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Has anyone listened to Pillow Talk yet? I'm surprised I like the song as much as I do. I didn't particuarly care for Zayn when he was in One Direction and I didn't think I was going to like his solo stuff either but Pillow Talk sure has surprised me.

The video on the other hand was a complete mess.

Yeah, it's a really good song, and I'm surprised that it just debuted at number one. I'm not expecting him to be the next Justin Timberlake or anything, but if he's making this kind of music then I'm interested in whatever he has coming up.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well the Super Bowl was fun but now I'm ready for new music from Gaga since Rih has already released and Beyonce is on the verge of releasing another album soon too. :p

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Wow, Gaga slayed at the Super Bowl with the national anthem. But Queen Bey is coming up...

Really don't see why people are so hyped about Gaga at the SuperBowl. The beginning was good, the way a national anthem should be sung, and then she started to belt everything as if she were in an opera and sounded like a mix between Cher and Celine Dion, doing out of place Whitney Houston ad-libs and runs all over the place and then made the choice to sing the last line twice for some reason.. While looking like some weird younger version of the late Joan Rivers in an oversized gaudy suit..

I obviouly know she can sing and she sung on key, but I just didn't understand nor agree with her choices here. In my mind, I just thought that she thought: "If I go loud enough, people will like it more. If I sing the words louder, then it comes over as more patriotic, you know what, lets turn the outfit red, my hair white and my nails blue!"

Really, I was just ticking down the boxes: "will they show random shots of the army?", yup! "will they show a group of jets flying overhead at a strategically placed phrase?" Yup! I also can't stand why people's love for the military somehow means they can shout during a national anthem. I also simply don't understand why the military keeps being involved with the SuperBowl anyway. Sport should not be linked to the military or nationalism. But that might be an odd cultural thing. Imagine the UN-forces showing up during the Olympics opening ceremony.. Nope, they don't. But when there's a big sports event in the US, the military must be involved in some way or another - every single time.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
Really don't see why people are so hyped about Gaga at the SuperBowl. The beginning was good, the way a national anthem should be sung, and then she started to belt everything as if she were in an opera and sounded like a mix between Cher and Celine Dion, doing out of place Whitney Houston ad-libs and runs all over the place and then made the choice to sing the last line twice for some reason.. While looking like some weird younger version of the late Joan Rivers in an oversized gaudy suit..

And yet actual experts and musicians praised her performance, so as far as I'm concerned she did well.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Yeah, it's a really good song, and I'm surprised that it just debuted at number one. I'm not expecting him to be the next Justin Timberlake or anything, but if he's making this kind of music then I'm interested in whatever he has coming up.

I honestly was shocked that it went to number one. I mean, it's great for him but for first single, that's seriously crazy. Good for him though.

I honestly thought Gaga did a very good job and I'm not even a fan of hers. Plus, so many music critics have praised her performance as well so...

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm kind of excited for the Grammys cuz it seems like all the heavy hitters like Taylor and Adele are performing. Also the David Bowie tribute should be good as well. :D

Bananarama

The light is coming
So Ariana Grande decided to change her upcoming album's name to Dangerous Woman.

I'm not sure I really like this new name. It sounds fierce, but I like the gentler-sounding Moonlight.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Quite surprising that I hadn't posted in thread.I am a huge Taylor Swift fan!I love her music. :3
My favorite songs of Taylor are:
2ND ALBUM: FEARLESS
1) YOU BELONG WITH ME
2) LOVE STORY
3RD ALBUM: SPEAK NOW
1) SPEAK NOW
2)SPARKS FLY
3) BACK TO DECEMBER
4TH ALBUM: RED
1)I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE
2)RED
5TH ALBUM: 1989
1)SHAKE IT OFF
2) BLANK SPACE
3)WILDEST DREAMS
P.S-not in particular order
Well,I also love Haunted,but currently I'm unable to remember the name of the Album of this song. :)

Bananarama

The light is coming
^ Taylor Swift is amazing :)

So has anyone heard Meghan Trainor's new song? I kind of like it, even if it reminds me too much of Problem.

Creyk

I heard No but sadly I don't like it. It's okay though as I still love Meghan a lot and look forward to her album. I wonder when will it be released.

chinchourulz

200% Quality Poster
Well, the sticky said I can bump this.

Any Shawn Mendes fans? I think his songs are really catchy and he even sounds like early Justin Timberlake. I think he IS the Justin Timberlake of our generation. Kids awesome.

Rubypika

Well, the sticky said I can bump this.

Any Shawn Mendes fans? I think his songs are really catchy and he even sounds like early Justin Timberlake. I think he IS the Justin Timberlake of our generation. Kids awesome.

Isn't he that guy who's using Camila as a prop to promote their duet? Their whole 'relationship' seems fake and it distracts from Shawn's music.

Status
Not open for further replies.