• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pop Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Hey guys, 20112012's here, let's discuss the latest in pop music without all the silly ~~pupu~~ and <~* desu stuff.

Lady Gaga: Born This Way is the first single from her new album which will PROBABLY be about 50% as successful as her last album. Whatcha think?

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Lady Gaga: Born This Way is the first single from her new album which will PROBABLY be about 50% as successful as her last album. Whatcha think?

I wouldn't be shocked if her new album doesn't do as well as the last one. I think I read something about how many of her fans were "disappointed" by the single. She said that she was going to make two videos for that song to ease their disappointment. o_O

I Reckon You Silly!

Stalks the Shadows
Lady Gaga is in a terrible place currently. She basically put words in Madonnas mouth on the Jay Leno show, and then Madonna called her out for it.

Big issue? Not really. It just goes to show that she wants to be Madonna.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wouldn't be shocked if her new album doesn't do as well as the last one. I think I read something about how many of her fans were "disappointed" by the single. She said that she was going to make two videos for that song to ease their disappointment. o_O

She's making two videos because there are two versions of the song. The proceeds from the second version will go to an anti-bully charity. Anyway, the new song has broken tons of records since it was released, so that's a clear sign of things to come.

Oh, and I finally got around to listening to the second version of Katy's E.T. I actually liked it. I didn't know if I'd like that part with Kanye singing, but it was actually decent.

Last edited:

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
How can Born This Way be less successful than her past Albums? The first single off the album broke records. The only reason I think most fans were disappointed was because of the super hype the song was getting. She said in an interview that at first, "Born This Way" wasn't going to be the first single, "Marry The night" was. But she decided to take a risk with "Born This Way" since she said it would be easier to ease into the album that way. From this I'm actually getting the feeling that "Born This Way" is one of the weaker songs from the Album.

So yeah, I think the album will be a success. Also, reposting "Government Hooker" Preview.

ALSO. New Britney Till The World Ends. Not that great a song IMO. Still nice and catchy though.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
The rest of the album is supposed to be pretty different from the Born This Way single(if I remember one of her interviews correctly), so I'm guess people will like the album more once they hear all of it.

Though I kind of agree that the megahype around Born This Way hurt the song. There's going to be disappointment any time people get that hyped up about something. :/

RickHoenn

Banned
Born This Way is awesome, the lyrics are inspirational, I'm glad Gaga took a risk.

It already sold 1,200,000 copies in 2.5 weeks :eek: BTW already surpassed HIAM.

I heard "Judas" is confirmed for 2nd single.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It already sold 1,200,000 copies in 2.5 weeks :eek: BTW already surpassed HIAM.

I heard "Judas" is confirmed for 2nd single.

Personally, I think I like Hold It Against Me just as much as I like Born This Way. Hold It Against Me is an awesome dance song and Born This Way has a good message to it, so both are winners in my book. And yeah, I heard that Judas is the next single from Gaga's new album. The way people are talking about it is getting me excited, but I really should stay neutral, just so that I don't get over excited like I did for BTW.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
How can Born This Way be less successful than her past Albums? The first single off the album broke records. The only reason I think most fans were disappointed was because of the super hype the song was getting. She said in an interview that at first, "Born This Way" wasn't going to be the first single, "Marry The night" was. But she decided to take a risk with "Born This Way" since she said it would be easier to ease into the album that way. From this I'm actually getting the feeling that "Born This Way" is one of the weaker songs from the Album.

So yeah, I think the album will be a success. Also, reposting "Government Hooker" Preview.

ALSO. New Britney Till The World Ends. Not that great a song IMO. Still nice and catchy though.

I think "Till the World ends" is a much better single than HIAM (she continues to follow the tradition that her second singles are always better than the first). It sounds like it would be a great tour song^_^

HoennMaster

I'm disappointed with Gaga overall. I'm tired of her crazy and over the top shenanigans. She doesn't need them to be successful and it's just getting annoying. Agree that BTW was hyped way to much. Yeah it has a good message, but overall it's just a normal song. I'll have to hear more of record tracks before I make my decision on how I feel about the record. Born This Way and You and I are both meh songs to me.

As for Britney, absolutely loving Till The World Ends. It's way better than Hold It Against Me and I love HIAM. Breaking the replay button. Also, Britney did a 13 minute interview about the album with Ryan Seacrest today. You can tell she's getting more confident with her career. Just the tone of her voice compared to the Circus interviews is drastically different. So excited for Femme Fatale.

http://ryanseacrest.com/2011/03/04/...ew-album-toned-boyfriend-upcoming-tour-audio/

Kaia

Finally watched the Born This Way clip, saw it on a tv channel last night. Thought some parts were a little bit... creepy, but I guess that's Gaga for you, with all the things she does and ect.
Heard Britney's Till The World Ends on the radio yesterday, it doesn't sound too bad, I like it.

Armando Payne

So, can we talk about other songs, or are we all just gushing and squeeing over Blonde Americans?

Armando Payne

Oh, OK, it's just that everyone was talking 'bout Lady Gaga. But that seems logical, considering, there's no other pop albums out nowadays.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Till The World End has me sold on Femme Fatale. HIAM was alright but not great, but TTWE is just amazing <3

Born This Way is cheese. It's literal cheese. The lyrics sound like a halmark card, yeah she takes a risk, but she does it in the single cheesiest way ever and it's just kinda bland.

I like it though, in a so bad it's good kinda way

finalname09

Na Na Niii
I love 'Born This Way' but I might agree about the album sales at this point.

Have yet to hear TTWE by Britney. Edit: Yeah, TTWE is actually a bit better than HIAE.

Last edited:

MKFC

Shade of Blue
To be honest, I never really liked Lady Gaga or Britney Spears much. (Especially not Gaga.) But have any of you heard of Jessie J? She's a new artist who's only released a few singles and 1 album, but quite a lot of her stuff is getting radio play and I think she's gonna go big.

Chris-kun

i still believe
To be honest, I never really liked Lady Gaga or Britney Spears much. (Especially not Gaga.) But have any of you heard of Jessie J? She's a new artist who's only released a few singles and 1 album, but quite a lot of her stuff is getting radio play and I think she's gonna go big.

Except she like, sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.