• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pop Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is still at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the fifth week straight. That's pretty amazing considering how most of the songs that debut at number one tend to drop the following week. Katy Perry's "E.T." climbed from number eight to number three this week, which is pretty amazing. I'm pretty sure that it'll hit number one either next week or the week after that. Not that I want it to, but Katy seems unstoppable. Britney's "Till The World Ends" climbed from number twenty to number nine, and Ke$ha's "Blow" dropped from number seven to number ten.

HoennMaster

I'm guessing that's because it is still getting heavy airplay. Seriously, I dont' see what's so great about Born This Way. I believe Katy may tie a record if she gets a fourth number 1 with E.T. Impressive. Can't wait to see her in July. Glad to see Britney still doing well. I guess she's going to be doing tons of FF promotion soon: http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-16-britney-spears-promotion-schedule-for-femme-fatale

I absolutely love 80's & 90's music there's so much magic pop music was full of variety.

Mariah Carey, Madonna, TLC, Janet Jackson, Céline Dion some of my faves.

Yerah, as much as I love Britney......too much love and sex music these days.

I absolutely love 80's & 90's music :D there's so much magic pop music was full of variety.

Mariah Carey, Madonna, TLC, Janet Jackson, Céline Dion some of my faves.

Simply love you for mentioning Mariah Carey.
I really can't wait till her new song "Save the Day." I bought her latest album "Merry Christmas II You" and I loved it and so (as Mariah says) "festive." My favorite songs had to been Auld Lang Syne, When Christmas Come, and Oh Santa.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
80's & 90's pop was what gave me the inspiration to become a musician at a mere five years of age. :3 Céline Dion, Mariah Carey, Michael and Janet Jackson, and Gloria Estefan. I also used to like Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, but they're embarrassing nowadays. :p

Lorde

The only 80's & 90's pop artist that I listen to these days is Madonna. She really revolutionized the pop industry and I love most of her songs. I like her older songs compared to her newer songs but I've given most of her songs a listen. I was obsessed with "4 Minutes" when that came out but then I started listening to her older work and I was hooked. I've also listened to Michael Jackson and Cher, but Madonna is by far my favorite. I hear she'll be returning to the studio soon to work on some new songs and I'm looking forward to her next album.

Lorde

anyone heard katy perry's song with kanye? E.T. I think its called.

I guess its alright, not a big fan

The original song is much better than this version that's being played on the radio. I still like this new version since Kanye adds a certain something to the song, but the original is by-far my favorite song by Katy Perry. Ironically, it was the last song from her album that I listened to since I had assumed it would be bad.

Also, I think I'm finally starting to like Britney's new song. I liked Hold It Against Me quite a bit but now I think Till The World Ends might be better. I can't wait to get the album.

Last edited:

Minhimalism

gotcha! :D
I'm going to have to agree with you and say Till The World Ends is better! I've always really liked Hold It Against Me, though, it's just a nice catchy track!

Hmm disagreeing I love Hold It Against Me better than Till The World Ends. "Till the World Ends" somehow reminds me of Paula Abdul "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow." And I still prerfer "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" then "Till the World Ends"

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Hmm, Britney's Femme Fatale is pretty okay. Nothing too special IMO. Big Fat Bass is ok. (Drop Dead) Beautiful has some other singer in there who is not credited. And now It's bugging me who it might be.

Trouble For Me is AWESOME. Should totally be her next single.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Hmm, Britney's Femme Fatale is pretty okay. Nothing too special IMO. Big Fat Bass is ok. (Drop Dead) Beautiful has some other singer in there who is not credited. And now It's bugging me who it might be.

Trouble For Me is AWESOME. Should totally be her next single.

"(Drop Dead) Beautiful featuring Sabi" counts as uncredited o_O?

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I'm not trying to be racist or start anything, but does it feel like black people are taking over the pop industry? Like the Grammys was about 70% performances by black people. And again, not racist.

Lorde

I'm not trying to be racist or start anything, but does it feel like black people are taking over the pop industry? Like the Grammys was about 70% performances by black people. And again, not racist.

I haven't seen too many African Americans in the pop genre recently to be honest. There's Rihanna, but she's been around for years now. And I guess Nicki Minaj's music might qualify as pop sometimes but her songs haven't done very well on the charts. There might be some others that I've overlooked but their songs probably aren't consistent enough for me to really notice. Anyway, race shouldn't be a factor. I just want good music so I'm listening to several artists - even some I didn't like at first.

HoennMaster

So Femme Fatale has leaked. Just the standard version though. Gotta say, I LOVE IT! She doesn't disappoint once again! Honestly, I love Hold It Against Me, but for me it's one of the album's weaker songs lol.

RickHoenn

Banned
There was some shake up this week in the Billboard Hot 100...

1. Lady Gaga - "Born This Way" [ = /6 weeks / peak: 1 (6 weeks)]
2. Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - "E.T." [ +1 / 6 weeks / peak: 2 ]
3. Rihanna - "S&M" [ +1 / 10 weeks / peak: 3 ]
4. Cee Lo Green - "F*ck You (Forget You)" [ -2 / 30 weeks / peak: 2 ]
5. Black Eyed Peas - "Just Can't Get Enough" [ +17 / 5 weeks / peak: 5 ]
6. Glee Cast - "Loser Like Me" [ DEBUT / 1 week / peak: 6 ]
7. P!nk - "F*ckin' Perfect" [ -1 / 12 weeks / peak: 2 ]
8. Chris Brown feat. Lil' Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look At Me Now" [ +4 / 7 weeks / peak: 8 ]
9. Bruno Mars - "Grenade" [ -1 / 25 weeks / peak: 1 (4 weeks) ]
10. Jeremih feat. 50 Cent - "Down On Me" [ +3 / 19 weeks / peak: 10 ]

Notable falls:

11. Ke$ha - "Blow" :(
12. Enrique Iglesias/Ludacris - "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
13. Jennifer Lopez/Pitbull - "On The Floor"
23. Britney Spears - "Till The World Ends" o_O Britney better do some promo soon! ¬¬

Lorde

There was some shake up this week in the Billboard Hot 100...

1. Lady Gaga - "Born This Way" [ = /6 weeks / peak: 1 (6 weeks)]
2. Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - "E.T." [ +1 / 6 weeks / peak: 2 ]
3. Rihanna - "S&M" [ +1 / 10 weeks / peak: 3 ]
4. Cee Lo Green - "F*ck You (Forget You)" [ -2 / 30 weeks / peak: 2 ]
5. Black Eyed Peas - "Just Can't Get Enough" [ +17 / 5 weeks / peak: 5 ]
6. Glee Cast - "Loser Like Me" [ DEBUT / 1 week / peak: 6 ]
7. P!nk - "F*ckin' Perfect" [ -1 / 12 weeks / peak: 2 ]
8. Chris Brown feat. Lil' Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look At Me Now" [ +4 / 7 weeks / peak: 8 ]
9. Bruno Mars - "Grenade" [ -1 / 25 weeks / peak: 1 (4 weeks) ]
10. Jeremih feat. 50 Cent - "Down On Me" [ +3 / 19 weeks / peak: 10 ]

Notable falls:

11. Ke$ha - "Blow" :(
12. Enrique Iglesias/Ludacris - "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
13. Jennifer Lopez/Pitbull - "On The Floor"
23. Britney Spears - "Till The World Ends" o_O Britney better do some promo soon! ¬¬

Wow, E.T. is just one spot away from number one. Honestly, I don't think that song is number one material. I love that song but it isn't anything special when you think about it. Ke$ha's Blow seems to have fallen off the top ten but that isn't very surprising. I'm really sad that Britney's Till The World Ends has taken such a dive. I noticed that Hold It Against Me took a dive too, but it wasn't this extreme.

RickHoenn

Banned
Wow, E.T. is just one spot away from number one. Honestly, I don't think that song is number one material. I love that song but it isn't anything special when you think about it. Ke$ha's Blow seems to have fallen off the top ten but that isn't very surprising. I'm really sad that Britney's Till The World Ends has taken such a dive. I noticed that Hold It Against Me took a dive too, but it wasn't this extreme.

Am i the only one that loves the remix? lol altough Kanye :rolleyes:

at least HIAM spent some weeks in the top 10 but damn! TTWE fell like a rock, she needs to appear more in public and do some performances. Femme Fatale debuts next week right?

Do you like BEP's JCGE? I think it's great (I love Fergie's vocals) vid is cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTyD7rjBpw

Lorde

at least HIAM spent some weeks in the top 10 but damn! TTWE fell like a rock, she needs to appear more in public and do some performances. Femme Fatale debuts next week right?

Do you like BEP's JCGE? I think it's great (I love Fergie's vocals) vid is cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTyD7rjBpw

Yeah, it's really sad that Till The World Ends fell like that. I liked it a lot more than I liked Hold It Against Me so it's a great shame to see it drop. I agree that Britney should perform some more. It would be great promotion for the single and the album. Although she's not the only pop artist who needs to promote their work some more.

I like BEP's new single but I wouldn't call it their best. Nothing from their new album has captured my interest so far to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.