• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pop Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalname09

Na Na Niii
I live in the UK and Jessie is proper huge here! Weirdly, I had never liked 'Price Tag' and I like all her other songs from the album.

To be fair, I'm not a Britney fan, but I do enjoy her songs in general.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But have any of you heard of Jessie J? She's a new artist who's only released a few singles and 1 album, but quite a lot of her stuff is getting radio play and I think she's gonna go big.

I've heard some of her songs, but I don't really like them. Some of them are kind of catchy, but others are just borderline generic. I heard she wrote songs for people like Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera, which is interesting. I honestly rarely ever take the time to listen to new artists in the pop genre, but I took a gamble this weekend and listened to some new songs. There aren't any that I'm particularly excited about, however.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
NONE of this years music has appealed to me. Older stuff like AC/DC and the like is much MUCH better.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
^I don't think that's appropriate either. ;[

Anywho. J Lo. On The Floor. It is too damn catchy and it is currently #1 on iTunes. The video is pretty meh to me. It also sucks that Pitbull is involved. But oh well. Whatcha gonna do right?

finalname09

Na Na Niii
'On The Floor' was a surprise comeback to me. J-Lo is definitely going to return bigger than I would think.

Pitbull is a hit-and-miss. But I love the bit where he says "I'm like inception, I play with your brain" on the song! Haha!

===

Ke$ha - Blow

Grower track. Probably her worst single to date TBH.

I want to check the video on YouTube but I can't at the moment. It said to have unicorns and a celeb. Okay. The video is pretty cool TBH. Unicorns! LOL

Last edited:

Lorde

Anywho. J Lo. On The Floor. It is too damn catchy and it is currently #1 on iTunes. The video is pretty meh to me. It also sucks that Pitbull is involved. But oh well. Whatcha gonna do right?

How did that get to #1 on iTunes? Don't get me wrong, the song is catchy, but I don't think it's really that great. When I heard that J Lo was coming out with new material, I was interested. But the song hasn't captured my complete interest. It's sort of sad too, since it was produced by RedOne, and he usually produces some amazing tracks. Anyway, I've seen the video for the song, and it's just average. Although I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much to begin with. Also: that Pitbull guy is sort of annoying. Js.

Generic User Name

Do all these posts have to be about female singers? (except for Gaga. God knows what she is) Setiously? Let's talk some Lil Wayne.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Do all these posts have to be about female singers? (except for Gaga. God knows what she is) Setiously? Let's talk some Lil Wayne.

He ugly.

Moving on. I am still obsessed with that song bottoms up by Trey songz. Still love it.

Lorde

Let's talk some Lil Wayne.

Isn't he in prison or something?

Moving on. I am still obsessed with that song bottoms up by Trey songz. Still love it.

I remember hearing that song last year. It's sort of old, isn't it? I like it and all, but my initial interest in it has faded a bit. I guess I just tend to stick with pop songs that are sung by female artists :x

Anyway, Born This Way is at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for its fourth straight week. You know what really grinds my gears? That Bad Romance only reached number two on there, yet Born This Way, which isn't that great, has been at number one for 4 weeks now. Gah! Anyway, here's the top ten songs on there this week:

March 10, 2011′s Billboard hot 100 singles top 10

• No. 1 – Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”
  • No. 2 – Cee-Lo Green’s “F**k You (Forget You)”
  • No. 3 – Rihanna, “S&M”
  • No. 4 – Pink, “F**kin’ Perfect”
  • No. 5 – Jennifer Lopez, “On the Floor”
  • No. 6 – Bruno Mars’ “Grenade”
  • No. 7 – Ke$ha, “Blow”
  • No. 8 – Katy Perry, “E.T.”
  • No. 9 – Enrique Iglesias, “Tonight (I’m Lovin’ You)”
  • No. 10 – Katy Perry, “Firework”

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Yeah, I'm actually surprised that J Lo has held both Gaga and Britney off the number one spot on Itunes. Their songs are way better.

Don't like what we talk about then post something else. Lil Wayne isn't pop anyway.

finalname09

Na Na Niii
I've just realised how high Cee Lo's 'F You' is in that chart. Here in the UK, it has already went to #1 since October last year. LOL

Oh, and the thing with this "female singers" is that they are only ones that have Pop music doing well at the moment. If Justin Timberlake returns with a huge song, no doubt he and it will be talked about, for example.

Last edited:

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Justin Timberlake? I forgot he did pop. What other male artists sing pop? O-o

Even though I am a guy, female singers are sooooo much more, flavorful! IDK, we live in a very sexist society, that's why I usually embrace females with excellent voices becuase they deserve credit.

I must be honest though, while I am a Gaga fan, I kinda miss everything that came out when she first did. Does that make sense? I miss when she was the underdog, and when shocking people was something fresh. It's like what Emma said on Glee, last season the New Directions were the underdogs, and had so much to strive for. This year, they aren't pulling storylines out of their asses, but the excitement level has been stagnate. I feel the same way for Gaga.

As for Britney, I miss her.....old self. Baby One More Time, Someday, Stronger, Oops I did it Again, these were classics. Her new records are not all that natural, or full of life. I did not mind her lip singing, but I do miss her old music. She was great then.

Ke$ha, now this girl is original, but WE R WHO WE R and BLOW annoy the hell out of me. They are generic and boring. Ke$ha's first singles were amazing, and she sings live, which shocked the hell out of me.

Katy Perry, I have become a huge fan of her, like in such a short span of time. I feel like she is becoming a legend in her own right. Nothing about her is over the top, and I can't wait to see her in concert. I still don't know how Russel did it....

Beyonce should be coming out with some new music soon, I hope so at least.
Jessie J is uhhhhh, OK.

Justin Beiber is talented, his fans may be crazed, but more power to him, I love Cinderella stories, or Cinderfella in this case.

Kaia

I'm obsessed with J-Lo's new song with Pitbull featuring in it. I never get tired of hearing it, and whenever its on whether the music video on one of the music channels, or whether its played on the radio here, I turn the volume right up, considering its a really great song.

Lorde

Jason DeRulo
Justin Bieber
... Idk who else.

Yeah, there aren't very many males who work in the Pop genre. I like some of Jason Derulo's songs (especially Ridin' Solo), but I wouldn't call him my favorite Pop artist. I think I've also made my thoughts on Justin Bieber pretty clear, so I won't get into that.

Oh, and speaking of Justin Bieber: I've heard that he's gone on Twitter to ask his fans to donate money for the people who were affected by yesterday's earthquake in Japan. I've heard that other Pop artists like Lady Gaga have also gone on Twitter to ask for donations. That's really nice of them, so my hat's off to those artists who are taking action.

Status
Not open for further replies.