• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pop Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Well, this look hilarious. I love when artist take jabs at what people say about them. I wonder how the single will sound. I wonder what the song is going to sound like...

There's an instrumental floating on Youtube, and the guy says he'll leak the whole song after 2,000,000 views…..

Wow I love this thread xD. I am hoping to see this as a big year for Gaga <3.

Lady Gaga- Even though she's not having an album out this year, she does have a big tour coming by the end of the year. She scored in $90 million in 2011 according to Forbes, this mainly happened because of her album sales, singles, TV appearances & etc. Her current single Marry The Night is not doing well on the charts (flop xD), but I'm having my hopes up that it will shoot to top 10 on Billboard. Basically, I'm hoping to see this year a big score for her again <3.

On the other side there's Bieber I'm sure all the teenage girls will go crazy over his new album "Believe" which will be released later this year. However, his album could be #1 on the Billboard charts again -__-. Despite all this popularity, I think he won't over do Gaga in 2012. :D

P.S: I'm a big Gaga fan <3.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS

Lady Gaga- Even though she's not having an album out this year, she does have a big tour coming by the end of the year. She scored in $90 million in 2011 according to Forbes, this mainly happened because of her album sales, singles, TV appearances & etc. Her current single Marry The Night is not doing well on the charts (flop xD), but I'm having my hopes up that it will shoot to top 10 on Billboard. Basically, I'm hoping to see this year a big score for her again <3.

On the other side there's Bieber I'm sure all the teenage girls will go crazy over his new album "Believe" which will be released later this year. However, his album could be #1 on the Billboard charts again -__-. Despite all this popularity, I think he won't over do Gaga in 2012. :D

You muuuust be her biggest Stan if you honestly believe MTN is going to enter the top 10.

I think just like Hansen and the Jonai Brothers, Bieber is a teen fad that will fade once his teenage fans become adults.

Aviere

ooh, yeah, wow.

Gurl, you're killing me.

Welcome.

Champion Jared 14

Hmmm...doesn't look like conversation in this forum goes beyond anything that's not in the Top 40 on Billboard...mustbe in the wrong place...not the forum pour moi...Tchao~!

Chris-kun

i still believe
Hmmm...doesn't look like conversation in this forum goes beyond anything that's not in the Top 40 on Billboard...mustbe in the wrong place...not the forum pour moi...Tchao~!

"Pop Music Thread"
"huh... why are we not talking about stuff outside the Top 40"

...:toofunny: dying here tbh.

Also I like Floptina's new single covers, this should prove to be interesting. Her lead single for Bionic was actually good, so even if her upcoming album sucks, at least I have hope for the lead single.

Geekachu

Haha nice.

Sorry, I don't believe entertainment has a hipster thread.

Her lead single for Bionic was actually good

The video for it sucked, which was also enough to put me off the song.

Anyway, with the suggestive 'single' covers, I fear that Christina's carrying on with her horrible artistic regression, where she just tries to out-do Madonna, Rihanna and Gaga in the provocative stakes. This is pretty judgemental of me since we've just seen a single cover, but would it be too much to ask for Christina to start making jazz and swing music again, instead of Bionic's trashy pop?

The fact that she went back to 'Bionic' following the mature 'Back to Basics' showed how she sold out to the mainstream audience; trying to emulate the success of her other contemporaries. If this does transpire, I won't be best pleased of Miss Aguilera.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
But Christina has always been a very sexual artist since her ***-less chaps debuted in "Diirty" granted, her Stripped album mostly consisted of songs about empowerment and what not. I don't think she's trying to out do anyone really, I think she's just trying to make a point.

I agree though, Bionic was such a let down from her previous work where she tried something new and went away from anything that was out in the mainstream.

It to early to really speculate what she's going to do for this album. The only comments she's made was "I think now we're back to going a little deeper, in the vein where I recorded my Stripped record, which was very personal and more introspective."

HoennMaster

http://soundcloud.com/agarsal/katy-perry-bullet-demo-for

A Demo called Bullet that Katy Perry co-wrote for Jessie James. Gotta say, I actually love it.

Meanwhile, I read that Katy was originally suppose to have Hold It Against Me....that would have been awkward.

Are those single covers real? If so...this is going to be interesting. Hopefully Christina is almost done with her album. The Voice premieres in a month and it would be a perfect chance to promote.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Welcome, PokemonQueen! :)

2012 is going to be Ke$ha's year /endstan

I doubt it. I love Ke$ha and all, but there's no way that she'll be bigger than Madonna this year. All the other girls might as well delay their albums for another year; Madonna will be the reigning queen of 2012.

And I hate Christina's new single cover, but I hope the song is good.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Imagine if Madonna flops this year.

Just imagine.

imagine.

I'm really looking forward to pop this year, even though Britney's on hiatus (;_; ). Taylor's new album should be out this year, which is exciting.

Christina's new single cover is creative and all but it looks awful. Like seriously, awful. There's something about Christina that repels me but I don't know what it is. She has some good songs but I just can't bring myself to like her as a person.

Chris-kun

i still believe
I doubt it. I love Ke$ha and all, but there's no way that she'll be bigger than Madonna this year. All the other girls might as well delay their albums for another year; Madonna will be the reigning queen of 2012.

Just like she was the last time she released an album! ...oh wait...

tbh, I think expecting Madonna to smash and have huge hits is expecting to much in today's pop world. Just me, but I really don't expect her album to do much in terms of the charts.

Dax

Legend
Just like she was the last time she released an album! ...oh wait...

tbh, I think expecting Madonna to smash and have huge hits is expecting to much in today's pop world. Just me, but I really don't expect her album to do much in terms of the charts.

I expect her to sell well but let's face it, Madonna, although a pop icon, isn't as musically powerful as she was before. I like her but her latest efforts have underwhelmed me. I hope she comes out with something fantastic but I prefer to stay neutral and just wait and see.

And as far as Christina goes, I think she reeks desperation with that stupid cover. I don't think she understands herself as an artist. You'd think she learned after how horrible Bionic was but she's still pulling the same stunts. I hope it's a great song and I wish for her to come back big but when she says that her new album is deeper and introspective yet the first single is called "**** Your Body", I can't take her seriously.

Champion Jared 14

Geekachu said:
Sorry, I don't believe entertainment has a hipster thread.
I resent that remark...

I'm a fan of artists from music genres that cater to smaller audiences/markets than what's played on the Top 40...Because of that, it's a lot harder for artists who make music that doesn't have that "crossover appeal" to actually chart and make significant impact on the Hot 100...I sympathize for them because if they want that mainstream success, they can get it, but at a price.

They could potentially risk losing some of their target audience of listeners by dramatically changing the sound of their music to be more "Pop"...Their singles may chart higher, but if they don't promote heavy, gain a faithful string of supporters, or become a household name, they're at risk for lower album sales...SMH

I like a bit of 'some' pop music/artists, but this current trend of Dance/Synth Pop/Electro Pop/UK Garage/Dub Step etc is tiring to me...And since you all will NOT be discussing any music other than from people like STRAINtina, RiFOREhead, Manly Caca, METHney Bears, MANdonna, Coke Head Mars Bars, rappers/hip hoppers...and the like...

Well, I know where the exit is...*exits stage left*

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I resent that remark...

I'm a fan of artists from music genres that cater to smaller audiences/markets than what's played on the Top 40...Because of that, it's a lot harder for artists who make music that doesn't have that "crossover appeal" to actually chart and make significant impact on the Hot 100...I sympathize for them because if they want that mainstream success, they can get it, but at a price.

They could potentially risk losing some of their target audience of listeners by dramatically changing the sound of their music to be more "Pop"...Their singles may chart higher, but if they don't promote heavy, gain a faithful string of supporters, or become a household name, they're at risk for lower album sales...SMH

I like a bit of 'some' pop music/artists, but this current trend of Dance/Synth Pop/Electro Pop/UK Garage/Dub Step etc is tiring to me...And since you all will NOT be discussing any music other than from people like STRAINtina, RiFOREhead, Manly Caca, METHney Bears, MANdonna, Coke Head Mars Bars, rappers/hip hoppers...and the like...

Well, I know where the exit is...*exits stage left*

For someone who's been a member for longer than 7 years, I'd expect some more maturity, but I guess you can't buy class and decency?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Imagine if Madonna flops this year.

Just imagine.

imagine.

I can't believe some people are doubting Madonna; I have a feeling that she'll get another number one in this upcoming era and she's sure to sell tons of albums since she's with Interscope now, which is probably one of the best labels around when it comes to album promotion.

Why did you even bother posting if you knew this wasn't the thread for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.