• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pop Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And I don't know why she has to put out remixes for songs that were already good without a **** rapper coming along and ruining them.

It's clear that Katy and her label don't give a damn about song quality; they just want number ones. I yearn for the days when artists actually cared about their music.

Owl City makes me want to slit my wrists and die.

miketea.gif

Kingsley

do my dance
It's clear that Katy and her label don't give a damn about song quality; they just want number ones. I yearn for the days when artists actually cared about their music.

miketea.gif

your new signature is amazing.

Anyway, Owl City is really ****ing horrible, and their fans that act like they're so indie because they like them are even worse.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Poor Cheryl, this A Million Lights era is starting to become a mess. The album is flopping and second single "Under The Sun" has an official release date of September 10th. WTF. The only reason "Under The Sun" should have been chosen over "Screw You" is because how well it fits as a Summer single and now it's going to be released in the Fall?! Plus she's doing practically zero promo for the album even though she needs to because she doesn't have The X Factor platform anymore. Whyyy Chez? Didn't you get new management to help make this album a success? Sure "Call My Name" is a hit...but that's about it.

This is the first screenshot released for the "Under The Sun" video. Aaaaand she looks like Cher Lloyd. Goddammit.

I completely agree. When I first heard Primadonna on the radio, I think I might have screamed lol. Marina just needs to promote it here in the US.
Well she's performing it on Jimmy Kimmel tonight along with "How To Be A Heartbreaker", but I'm not sure how much that will help. It's more to promote the album which comes out tomorrow.

How come we dont get Living Dead? :/
Yah, I really wish we did. I understand they had to make some room to add two deluxe tracks plus a brand new one, but I think "Bubblegum Bitch" is much more disposable. Sure it's the introduction to the album and Marina's new direction, but to the casual American buyer that won't really matter tbh.

One Direction are more comparable to Bieber's career beginnings tbh, just that they're older and have a bigger potetial fanbase. Some guys may disagree, but the fact that they have a substansially larger gay following than Justin, can only be good in the pop world.
Yeah, but I think that has more to do with the fact that it's a group of 5 guys ranging from moderately to incredibly attractive who get quite close and flirty with each other on a regular basis. Where-as the only person Justin is getting flirty with is Selena Gomez and every other female in the entertainment business.

Ugh, it's SO TRUE. I wish other pop stars of today would follow Nicki Minaj's example and not be so quick to drop their artistic integrity to chase chart positions http://i44.*******.com/10wpuzr.png

Last edited:

Ruby Blue

According to Gaga's sound engineer; the cover art for the new album is decided, the first single is in tweaking and it has futuristic/2013 influences.
I'm almost definite of a 2012 release now, but Gaga does know a lot about delays~

Also, MIA has released a new track I think? Are there any fans of hers here? Does she even have fans? I can't stand her, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

Well since her movie flopped; I'm just waiting for the extended cut featuring Kanye West with a few synth changes, in true Katy fashion~

Can we also take a sec to admire your signature~?

Owl City is way better than most of the music TeamRocketGrunt is into

I'm not arguing, he claimed a LMFAO song :>

This is the first screenshot released for the "Under The Sun" video. Aaaaand she looks like Cher Lloyd. Goddammit.

B-but... Cheryl actually looks good without all the chav makeup :c

Ugh, it's SO TRUE. I wish other pop stars of today would follow Nicki Minaj's example and not be so quick to drop their artistic integrity to chase chart positions http://i44.*******.com/10wpuzr.png

Related, isn't Starships 2.0 Pound the Alarm releasing soon? I thought it had, but I guess not? I'm curious as to how well it will do, since Starships hasn't fallen yet...

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Related, isn't Starships 2.0 Pound the Alarm releasing soon? I thought it had, but I guess not? I'm curious as to how well it will do, since Starships hasn't fallen yet...

It's being released to Top 40 radio on July 17th.

Anyways, in a bit of US iTunes news, "Want U Back" managed to crack the Top 10 and it's sitting at #8 :S On the other hand, P!nk fans will be happy to know that because this was supposed to be "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)"'s original release date, it got an iTunes banner today, so it shot up to #6 from the 30s in the past couple of hours!

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I miss the days when fans didn't attack artist but realized they are under a label that own their song and is able to do what they please with it such as put out 10x remixes for that number one~

Oh, those were the days.

Lorde

At least Nicki's songs can stay in the top ten without gimmicks.

I miss the days when fans didn't attack artist but realized they are under a label that own their song and is able to do what they please with it such as put out 10x remixes for that number one~

Oh, those were the days.

Katy's people confirmed that the label asked her if she wanted to release a remix for "The One That Got Away." They needed her approval before releasing it. So clearly, artists have some power. But nice try, Katy Kat. :p

According to Gaga's sound engineer; the cover art for the new album is decided, the first single is in tweaking and it has futuristic/2013 influences.
I'm almost definite of a 2012 release now, but Gaga does know a lot about delays~

The single news sounds interesting; it's almost as if they're putting the finishing touches on it so they can release it soon.

Last edited:

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Sooo Electra Heart is #12 on US iTunes with no hits and hardly any promo or a substantial American fanbase. Get it, gurl!
52b0f867.gif

your new signature is amazing.
Can we also take a sec to admire your signature~?
Unlike Kira, I'm not one to scour the internet to look for new ways to hate on an artist I secretly like, so could someone please explain to me the significance of his/her/its signature and why it is so amazing?

My birthday! I guess it will have to be my birthday song...would have prefered "Whip It" or "Va Va Voom" tbh.

Anyways, in a bit of US iTunes news, "Want U Back" managed to crack the Top 10 and it's sitting at #8
Meanwhile "Primadonna" remains in Pop purgatory...

ShakingCrying.gif

Ruby Blue

Silent Conversation said:

Oh thanks, for some reason I thought it was much hearlier...

As I re-listen, I'm actually coming to appreciate PF:RR more and more, it's still a mess for about half the tracks, the album was stuffed to the brim with producers and the featuring artists are terrible, but there are a few gems on it.

.Bambi. said:
Unlike Kira, I'm not one to scour the internet to look for new ways to hate on an artist I secretly like, so could someone please explain to me the significance of his/her/its signature and why it is so amazing?

Whoa, calm down. It's not hate; it's simply a bit of fun~
I doubt Kira meant any shade from a silly image.
I just happen to love the derpy celebrity fad, especially this one of Gaga C:
The entire thing is a case of it being so stupid it's funny, it's just from a dumb youtube series.

I think these little jabs at some artists get taken way too seriously, I don't actually hate any of these pop girls. I may have a little beef with some artists (Cher Lloyd, The Wanted, M.I.A.), but only those that actually deserve it.

RickHoenn

Banned
Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (July 21, 2012):

1. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe" (5th week at #1)
2. Maroon 5 f/ Wiz Khalifa - "Payphone" (=)
3. Gotye f/ Kimbra - "Somebody That I Used To Know" (=)
4. Katy Perry - "Wide Awake" (=)
5. Ellie Goulding - "Lights" (+1)
6. Rihanna - "Where Have You Been" (-1)
7. David Guetta f/ Sia - "Titanium" (+2)
8. Fun f/ Janelle Monáe - "We Are Young" (-1)
9. Nicki Minaj - "Starships" (-1)
10. Usher - "Scream" (=)

Notes:

*Billboard notes Nicki sets a record on the Hot 100: Its first 21 weeks its been on the top 10, since its debut back in March 3! :p
*Hopefully "Wide Awake" hits #1 in the next few weeks, it's gaining so fast on Radio. :D
*"Call Me Maybe" has been the #1 best selling digital song for 8 consecutive weeks! :eek:
*Teenage Dream spent its 98th week in the Billboard 200 and flies to #2 this week with over 80,000, it has sold 2,354,000 copies to date.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

I gotta say...I was very wrong. I never thought it would get more than Top 10 but here we are fifth week at number one. You know...I really hate Billboard's new tracking methods for the Hot 100. There's just no variance anymore and it's boring.

I didn't realize Amazon's sale would impact that much.Katy would have been number one if not for Chris Brown. Speaking of Katy...can't wait to see her movie. OMG then I gonna come here and stan so hard! kAtY iS qUeEn Of Pop! ScReW mAdOnNa! omg i love to stan!

I really hope Starships and We Are Young disappear soon. We need some fresh meat.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (July 21, 2012):
5. Ellie Goulding - "Lights" (+1)

Woah, Top 5! Never thought I'd see this, so congrats Ellie, and congrats on the record you set (longest journey to Top 5 from a non-country song)

7. David Guetta f/ Sia - "Titanium" (+2)

Yes, Titanium, rise! Unfortunately, this may end up being its peak. It could pass WHYB because that's been falling in sales quite a but, but the Top 5 songs are all standing really strong right now. Either way, I'm glad that a Guetta song with actual lyrical meaning could become popular, and not just his meaningless hits.

9. Nicki Minaj - "Starships" (-1)

Congrats to Nicki on her record (21 straight Top 10 weeks since debut), but I hope this falls soon. I like the song, but I like "Pound The Alarm" more, and that won't take off unless Nicki's previous hit starts falling.

Also, "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" debuts at #58 on the Hot 100 this week, but considering it's currently #2 on iTunes, it will be experiencing a giant jump next week.

Anyways, "Some Nights" is now #14 on iTunes, and it hasn't even gotten that high on radio yet! Looks like fun.'s not going to be a one-hit wonder after all :D

Lorde

Sis, you're so pressed. At least I research things and post receipts when a stan tries to defend their fave with inaccurate information. :rolleyes:

Whoa, calm down. It's not hate; it's simply a bit of fun~
I doubt Kira meant any shade from a silly image.
I just happen to love the derpy celebrity fad, especially this one of Gaga C:
The entire thing is a case of it being so stupid it's funny, it's just from a dumb youtube series.

I love the Nekci Menij show. Everything about it is flawless. My favourite character is Medoner. :p

Anyway, the top ten looks reductive this week, but that should go without saying. I'm ready for Pink and Ke$ha to blow up the charts.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Katy's people confirmed that the label asked her if she wanted to release a remix for "The One That Got Away." They needed her approval before releasing it. So clearly, artists have some power. But nice try, Katy Kat. :p

I enjoy your logic Kira, very much so.

Ke$ha to blow up the charts.

Ke$ha lost all interest in her music and only cares about her cat now.

Congrats to Ellie on that Top 5!! I'm really hoping for her to get that number on spot. I've never seen such a sleeper hit.

Am I the only one who can't stand Payphone though? That song just..ugh.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Am I the only one who can't stand Payphone though? That song just..ugh.

I used to despise it because I can't stand Wiz Khalifa's part. In a song with a pretty endearing message about a guy trying to fix things with a girl he loves, he literally starts his verse with the line "Now fuck that shit". Luckily I found and downloaded a version on Youtube without the Wiz part (and replaces it with a nice sounding bridge), so I don't mind the song.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I used to despise it because I can't stand Wiz Khalifa's part. In a song with a pretty endearing message about a guy trying to fix things with a girl he loves, he literally starts his verse with the line "Now fuck that shit". Luckily I found and downloaded a version on Youtube without the Wiz part (and replaces it with a nice sounding bridge), so I don't mind the song.

I'd like to hear that version. Can you link it?

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk

How funny how without Wiz the song is enjoyable. Not every song needs a rap verse.

Speaking of rap :3

Everyone should start downloading Azealia Bank's mixtape Fantasea. The whole thing is fire. My favorites being "Esta Noche", "Jumanji" , "Runnin", and "F*** Up The Fun". The whole thing is incredible to be honest. Perfect thing to jam to.

Just throwing this out there too cause I've been addicted to it - We Are Young by Monarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.