• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Popplio, Brionne and the An-chor-gry Dhelmise! (983)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
At least I won't have to suffer seeing Primarina on the main cast, those guys will be back and show it off. It's the Braixen situation.
The difference between this situation and the Braixen/Delphox situation being that Braixen was more popular than Delphox, so it wouldn't make sense to evolve Braixen into the less popular form. Brionne is not more popular than Primarina, so it doesn't make sense to leave it at the less popular form. Unless the writers want to pull a Unova and just give it to them to prevent Lana from getting it, but that would just be a dick move.

This feels closer to the Sanpei situation IMO, where Lana meets another character who happens to have the evolved form of her starter and both act as mentors. Sanpei debuting Greninja didn't prevent Ash from getting one. In this case, it would be no different for Lana.

That being said, the more pessimistic side of me thinks you may be right simply because it's easier to do that, and the writers won't have to focus on Lana as much. It would basically be screwing over hers and Popplio's development because there's not much left for either of them if Popplio doesn't evolve, but just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it won't happen.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Aw man! I was really hoping this episode's title meant that Lana's Popplio would evolve. We haven't had a female main character's starter fully evolve since Generation III, and even then it only happened in the final ep of the gen

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked this episode and I like that we've now had a couple of instances of Pokemon being mentored by their evolutions, it's a really nice way of encouraging growth. I hope we see more of that.

Oshamari mentoring Suiren's Ashimari was great and all, although I can't help but feel that this was a missed opportunity to have Ashimari evolve. I just don't see what was stopping that from occurring when all the signs were there.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The difference between this situation and the Braixen/Delphox situation being that Braixen was more popular than Delphox, so it wouldn't make sense to evolve Braixen into the less popular form. Brionne is not more popular than Primarina, so it doesn't make sense to leave it at the less popular form. Unless the writers want to pull a Unova and just give it to them to prevent Lana from getting it, but that would just be a dick move.

This feels closer to the Sanpei situation IMO, where Lana meets another character who happens to have the evolved form of her starter and both act as mentors. Sanpei debuting Greninja didn't prevent Ash from getting one. In this case, it would be no different for Lana.

That being said, the more pessimistic side of me thinks you may be right simply because it's easier to do that, and the writers won't have to focus on Lana as much. It would basically be screwing over hers and Popplio's development because there's not much left for either of them if Popplio doesn't evolve, but just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it won't happen.

Well there's another difference too which is the fact that when Aria first debuted, her partner was still a Fennekin.

And yes, it does seem more similar to the Sanpei anyway

Vipsoccermaster

Another one of fantastic Lana and Popplio episodes. Great development on Lana and Popplio, for they trained to make their balloons stronger and master the Hydro Vortex Z-Move. It's great to see the writers want to make Lana stronger. I liked the Brionne and Popplio moments, especially when Brionne was surprised to see Popplio and greet it, determined to assist Popplio (and therefore encourage) to keep up the training, and the sad adorable good-byes throughout the episode. Ida and Kanoa were fine characters. They really do feel like recurring characters (Sanpei situation), although they haven't yet, but I'm sure we'll see them because the Seafolk did say they'll meet again to check on Lana and Popplio. I loved seeing Pokémon of the same evolution family together, especially when they're very friendly to one another.

Funny that Ida pushed Kanoa after he said that Ida is the sweetheart. As for Team Rocket, it's good that they didn't directly interfere with Ash, Lana, Mallow, Ida, and Kanoa, but they did a good job tricking Dhelmise. Dhelmise pulling the ruined Bruxish ship was funny.

Great Lana/Popplio episode, and I hope Lana and Popplio gets even more development later on, and see Lana perform Hydro Vortex again. I think the future looks bright for Lana, her Popplio (even an evolution, should it happen), and the Seafolk tribe and their Brionne. Quite possible that the Seafolk tribe will have Primarina by now if they appear again, which feels likely since I agree with others saying that Ida, Brionne, and Kanoa feels like Sanpei and his Frogadier/Greninja.

Mallow was just there. Ash and Pikachu may feel useless, but they're the main characters, so I'm fine with them. They'll appear in every episode, so yeah.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Who the hell uses the word "belligerence" in a show for young audiences?

So basically this was Ash's Lycanroc's episode training to master his Z-Move except with a paint of Lana and Popplio.

Ida had a nice voice actor, by the way. Very passionate.

...Who's Lana's dad?

Continue not doing much, Mallow. Later, don't go complaining you don't get thanks for doing something.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Vipsoccermaster said:
Another one of fantastic Lana and Popplio episodes. Great development on Lana and Popplio, for they trained to make their balloons stronger and master the Hydro Vortex Z-Move. It's great to see the writers want to make Lana stronger.

While it was nice seeing Suiren and Ashimari work hard in this episode, the sentiment meant a lot less when you realize that their development here just hasn't really led to anything major yet.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
While it was nice seeing Suiren and Ashimari work hard in this episode, the sentiment meant a lot less when you realize that their development here just hasn't really led to anything major yet.
YOu're right. I really wanted Lana to become the first girl since May to get a fully evolved starter.