• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Popplio, Do Your Balloonest! (948)

Soniman

Break the Limit
I haven’t laughed as hard at this show in awhile as I did when Bearwear pulled a Jesus and walked across the ocean to rescue TR.

But other then that, the rest of the episode was nice and cute, I really do like Lana and I’m happy we got time for her and Ash to do some bonding by spending the whole day together, the scene with this sister’s was just to adorable and of course we get the boyfriend accusation (which doesn’t help my shipper soul lol), the anime is not missing a beat with its ship fuel.

The bsckstory between her and Popplio was standard but sweet, I liked how she froze a group of Skill grunts solid just to save him, that was hilariously fierce, the both of them really are adorable. The other characters were fine to, Lillie and her dumb space suit was good for a laugh.

My favorite moments overall are the aforementioned Bewear scene and Lana’s death glare at TR, that’s the kinda **** I wanna see from her more often honestly, a cutie on the outside, but mess with her water Pokemon and you better start praying.

Last edited:

Animefan145

Its a tiny bit annoying how Ash is still being thrown around for random humor, but other than that, most of the rest of the episode was actually pretty funny. Wow, Lillie should just wear that spacesuit all the time to avoid Pokemon contact. Not to mention I like the Lana focus a lot, seeing her family and the class going on that fishing trip. And instead of being blasting off almost every episode, now Bewear is going to appear from nowhere to grab TR, huh? If so, I like that idea.

Pretty good episode, I hope the series can continue this trend.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Lana is just all kinds of adorable. This episode was all kinds of adorable. How Lana and Popplio met was standard but still touching: Popplio, having been abused by Team Skull (seriously, what were those guys doing?), was wary of humans, but Lana swam her way into its heart, and now the two are inseparable.

I got a laugh out of how everyone (except Lana, of course) managed to mess up fishing. Kiawe's excuse was that he specializes in Fire types. Sophocles couldn't find the right spot, or something. Ash reeled in his rod too quickly, while Mallow reeled hers in too slowly. (I love how they both told Rotomdex to shut up when it pointed that out.) And then there was Lillie....

Ash, being the hero that he is, leaped off his Ride Lapras to help Lillie...only to get headbutted in the gut by a Milotic! ^O^ Ash "Butt Monkey" Ketchum, everybody! A shame Lillie's line snapped.

Normally, I get annoyed when Team Rocket ruin episodes interfere, but for once, I didn't mind so much, because so much good came out of this inteference. Ash showed off his battle ingenuity; it was pretty clever of him to use Rotom as a stepping stone for Pikachu's Iron Tail. Lana went all mama bear on Team Rocket; the death glare she gave them was priceless.

Then there was Bewear pulling a Jesus and walking on water to rescue Team Rocket. And Rotomdex got a photo of that! ^O^

Did anyone else catch Lillie's Clefairy lure?

I did. I'm not far enough in the game to know if that has any significance to the plot, but my first thought was it was a homage to Pokémon's original mascot. I thought it was cute that everyone had lures of their favorite Pokémon. (I do want to know where Ash got a Pikachu lure, though, since he had to borrow a fishing rod from Lana. Did he already have it?)

Did anyone else notice the clever play on Sophocles's - or, rather, on Mamane's name, when Ash was gushing over his Togedemaru lure? I got a chuckle out of that one. Also, Sophocles, you are certainly Clemont's successor, with your specially engineered fishing rod. :p

Also, I couldn't help but gush over that seconds-long scene of Ash petting Rockruff as he left for school. Any scene of Rockruff and Ash together makes me happy. :D

andrewscott48209

Lana is just all kinds of adorable. This episode was all kinds of adorable. How Lana and Popplio met was standard but still touching: Popplio, having been abused by Team Skull (seriously, what were those guys doing?), was wary of humans, but Lana swam her way into its heart, and now the two are inseparable.

I got a laugh out of how everyone (except Lana, of course) managed to mess up fishing. Kiawe's excuse was that he specializes in Fire types. Sophocles couldn't find the right spot, or something. Ash reeled in his rod too quickly, while Mallow reeled hers in too slowly. (I love how they both told Rotomdex to shut up when it pointed that out.) And then there was Lillie....

Ash, being the hero that he is, leaped off his Ride Lapras to help Lillie...only to get headbutted in the gut by a Milotic! ^O^ Ash "Butt Monkey" Ketchum, everybody! A shame Lillie's line snapped.

Normally, I get annoyed when Team Rocket ruin episodes interfere, but for once, I didn't mind so much, because so much good came out of this inteference. Ash showed off his battle ingenuity; it was pretty clever of him to use Rotom as a stepping stone for Pikachu's Iron Tail. Lana went all mama bear on Team Rocket; the death glare she gave them was priceless.

Then there was Bewear pulling a Jesus and walking on water to rescue Team Rocket. And Rotomdex got a photo of that! ^O^

I did. I'm not far enough in the game to know if that has any significance to the plot, but my first thought was it was a homage to Pokémon's original mascot. I thought it was cute that everyone had lures of their favorite Pokémon. (I do want to know where Ash got a Pikachu lure, though, since he had to borrow a fishing rod from Lana. Did he already have it?)

Did anyone else notice the clever play on Sophocles's - or, rather, on Mamane's name, when Ash was gushing over his Togedemaru lure? I got a chuckle out of that one. Also, Sophocles, you are certainly Clemont's successor, with your specially engineered fishing rod. :p

Also, I couldn't help but gush over that seconds-long scene of Ash petting Rockruff as he left for school. Any scene of Rockruff and Ash together makes me happy. :D

The Clefairy lure has no relevance to the games. And for Sophocles, he's been called "Fat Clemont" by most of fandom, except his gadgets aren't made of explodium.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The Clefairy lure has no relevance to the games. And for Sophocles, he's been called "Fat Clemont" by most of fandom, except his gadgets aren't made of explodium.

Ah, I see. Well, then it was probably just a reference to the franchise's original mascot. It's still a nice touch. I suppose Lillie doesn't have a favorite Pokémon - at least, not yet - since she is too afraid to touch any of them. I actually felt sorry for her when Popplio jumped into her lap. For once, her fear was not played for laughs.

Speaking of the lures, Kiawe's lure was a Charizard, not a Turtonator. Does this mean that, despite how close he is with his Turtonator (as evidenced by the Z-Move), he is closer to his Ride Charizard, or his Charizard is his favorite Pokémon? Now, I hope Kiawe's focus episode (if/when he gets one) will dive more into his and Charizard's relationship.

andrewscott48209

Ah, I see. Well, then it was probably just a reference to the franchise's original mascot. It's still a nice touch. I suppose Lillie doesn't have a favorite Pokémon - at least, not yet - since she is too afraid to touch any of them. I actually felt sorry for her when Popplio jumped into her lap. For once, her fear was not played for laughs.

Speaking of the lures, Kiawe's lure was a Charizard, not a Turtonator. Does this mean that, despite how close he is with his Turtonator (as evidenced by the Z-Move), he is closer to his Ride Charizard, or his Charizard is his favorite Pokémon? Now, I hope Kiawe's focus episode (if/when he gets one) will dive more into his and Charizard's relationship.

He might be able to Mega evolve his Charizard if his bond with Charizard is strong enough.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
He might be able to Mega evolve his Charizard if his bond with Charizard is strong enough.

To be honest, I don't think Kiawe's Charizard is a battle Pokémon, so whether or not it can or will Mega Evolve is irrelevant. (After all, he didn't use it in the battle against Team Skull, even though it was Charizard they were interested in). Maybe it was once a battle Pokémon, and that's why its wings look so tattered; it's a veteran, but it's retired from battling and now just serves as a Ride Pokémon. Like I said before, hopefully, we will learn more about Kiawe and Charizard's relationship if/when Kiawe gets his focus episode.

andrewscott48209

To be honest, I don't think Kiawe's Charizard is a battle Pokémon, so whether or not it can or will Mega Evolve is irrelevant. (After all, he didn't use it in the battle against Team Skull, even though it was Charizard they were interested in). Maybe it was once a battle Pokémon, and that's why its wings look so tattered; it's a veteran, but it's retired from battling and now just serves as a Ride Pokémon. Like I said before, hopefully, we will learn more about Kiawe and Charizard's relationship if/when Kiawe gets his focus episode.

You know I didn't see that possible detail. Though if that were true, Charizard might have had a good life.

Red and Blue

So Lilie was the one who was fishing for that Milotic. Nice to see the writers use some foreshadowing

CelebiAS

Ride Pokemon backstories, interesting idea for an episode or a few.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Bewear came out of nowhere ahahahaha I love that!

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Lol the Bewear scene was absolutely priceless. Someone needs to make a GIF of that.

I guess AshxLana is off to a tremendous lead. I'm sure that will change by the end of the month though.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Pikachu fishing like a Slowpoke was the best! All hail to Slowpoke!!~

Loved Lana's lower voice, very scary. Same with her sisters. Asking if Ash was her boyfriend was hilarious! Glad they got electrocuted! >:3

I smell hinted tension brewing on the waters of S. S. Kiawe and Mamane.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Loved Lana's lower voice, very scary. Same with her sisters. Asking if Ash was her boyfriend was hilarious! Glad they got electrocuted! >:3

That's what happens when you mess with a tiny electric generator, children. :p Still, Pikachu went overboard. Did he really have to electrocute everybody in the house, including his Trainer? But I loved Lapras's "WTF?!" reaction to the whole house lighting up with electricity. :D