• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Popplio, Do Your Balloonest! (948)

Jangobadass

Surprise!
I like it. Lively, fun and cute.

All this is and Team Skull too!

Look out, Team Flare, someone's out to break the record for most appearances by a (non-Rocket) Villain Team!

...and they ain't gonna make a bunch of half-a-minute cameos just to let us know they're up to something to do it.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Well, I said slowly be confirmed. Unfortunately for me, I'm not too interested in comedy, so the setting up of all the running gags ,Team Rockets constant kidnapping by Beware, and the talking talking Pokedex is sounding off the warning bells that the show is trying too hard to be Yo Kai Watch.

We are getting more Yo-Kai Watch comparisons, why am I surprised? It is nothing like Yo-Kai Watch so far. Did it get some inspiration from it? Maybe, but all shows get inspirations from other ones and it's still Pokemon. I guess if you don't like humor once in a while, then fine, but it's not going to be an all-out comedy show.

I'm a little hard on DP because I always kept fast forwarding through Brocks flirting and Team Rockets boss fantasies.

And yet the prior series get a pass on this...?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I like it. Lively, fun and cute.

All this is and Team Skull too!

Look out, Team Flare, someone's out to break the record for most appearances by a (non-Rocket) Villain Team!

...and they ain't gonna make a bunch of half-a-minute cameos just to let us know they're up to something to do it.

Well TS isn´t a plot-based team so they´re easier to handle.
BTW this gievs me hoeps of Aether appearing earlier than other teams

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
My main problem is that this just seems to point toward those three being severely overused again in this series. Honestly I would probably be okay with them if their appearances were limited the way they were during the first part of BW.

If them appearing every episode means Mimikyu and Bewear also appear every episode, then I'm completely fine with that. Plus TR are known for having some of the best emotional episodes based around them, so if a few of those pop up in the future, I won't complain..

If them appearing every episode means Mimikyu and Bewear also appear every episode, then I'm completely fine with that. Plus TR are known for having some of the best emotional episodes based around them, so if a few of those pop up in the future, I won't complain..

OS James's backstory was actually pretty messed up, but it gave depth to James, and he's actually ended up being one of my favourite non-game Pokemon characters (along with Alan and Manon of course). The emotional Rocket episodes make me like them. I'm looking forward to more emotional episodes with them, especially when we see Jessie's bond with Mimikyu grow.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It's just occurred to me that if TR were stalking Ash, they could have figured out his daily routine and then use that to steal Pokemon in places he wouldn't be.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It's just occurred to me that if TR were stalking Ash, they could have figured out his daily routine and then use that to steal Pokemon in places he wouldn't be.

But that would require Team Rocket to have a degree of intelligence and not be so fixated on kidnapping Pikachu that they are able to look past the mouse and see the other opportunities on the horizon.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Best SM Girl race has begun

Pros:

* Well of course, the harem shipping teasing is already underway

* Lillie's outfit - Topu Keko

* Slowpoke's tail grabbing Sharpedo

* Milotic wrecking Ash

* "I won't forgive you" Based Lana is based

* Bewear on Water

Cons:

* Not going to lie...that sounds like one of the dumbest goals ever. Hope you have a connecting bubble to get oxygen and space in the bubble to store food and water. Actually where would you use the bathroom? Oh right, this is a kid's show..

* Perfect opportunity to use the Special Lure, but no continuity :/

Thoughts:

* Getting a 'comfy' tropical vibe to this series; light-hearted, comical, slower pace. Not a bad thing, although I'm more of a fan of DP's style

Lana ended up being surprisingly endearing. Fully expect her to take a backseat to the other two girls later on in the series, so this is a good early episode for her.

6/10

Last ten episodes: 8/8/4/4

Last edited:

Ominous Wind

A very cute episode that made me like both Lana and Popplio a little more. That part where Ash gets intercepted by the Milotic is funny, they really seem to want this series to be more comedic.

7.5/10

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

* Perfect opportunity to use the Special Lure, but no continuity :/

6/10

Last ten episodes: 8/8/4/4

OK, I'm really late in replying to this, but I'm surprised you're the only one to bring it up. Yes, it would've been a good opportunity to show off the special lure...if Ash had known he was going to stay in Alola and packed accordingly, which he didn't since they were only supposed to be there on vacation.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Actually I somewhat like the idea of a sea exploration bubble. It probably would not be long until the oxygen ran out and the person drowned but it would be a sweet ride up until that point. With a strong enough swimmer or someone good at diving, they might even be ok.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Samson Oak - you're a sight for Bulbasaur eyes!

...I thought this was pretty clever.

The dub was good to me! **** I'm not supposed to say that.

Kiawe: But first, why not put your lure in the water?

dying xD

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Samson Oak - you're a sight for Bulbasaur eyes!

...I thought this was pretty clever.

The dub was good to me! **** I'm not supposed to say that.

Kiawe: But first, why not put your lure in the water?

dying xD
Even better: he said that to Sophocles.

Yeah, the dub for this one was actually pretty good, awful dub music aside. Probably because it centers on Lana, and I confess to actually liking her dub voice. Especially the "I'm not going to forgive you" line. Shows Rosie Reyes can make her sound a bit more serious.

I will say I found Harper and Sarah's dub voices a little annoying, but that was probably the point, so it's fine.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Bulbapedia currently has Harper and Sarah's VAs unlisted, for both Japanese and the dub. I'll be shocked if their dub voices are someone I wouldn't expect would voice a little kid, but then again, Alyson Rosenfeld has done that on a familiar basis.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Gosh this episode was hilarious in the dub. My favorite parts are when Ash met Lana's sisters, when Ash got slapped in the face by Magikarps tail, and when Milotic tackled Ash in the gut.

Nebbygetinthebag

I really like this episode Lana English voice is great it suit her character and Lana is cute my favorite part when Lana sister asked Lana if Ash is his boyfriend the reaction is quite hilarious the only problem of this episode is that rotom is so annoying and wobuffeet voice sounds off other than that I like this episode.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I really like this episode Lana English voice is great it suit her character and Lana is cute my favorite part when Lana sister asked Lana if Ash is his boyfriend the reaction is quite hilarious the only problem of this episode is that rotom is so annoying and wobuffeet voice sounds off other than that I like this episode.

Wobuffet's VA was changed. You're just going to have to get used to both it and Rotom Dex I'm afraid. Lana has a great VA in both languages.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Wobuffet's VA was changed. You're just going to have to get used to both it and Rotom Dex I'm afraid. Lana has a great VA in both languages.

...they changed Wobbufett's voice? I barely noticed.
Heavily disagreed on Lana though, her dub voice is the only one I can't stand.