• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Popplio, Do Your Balloonest! (948)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Popplio, Do Your Balloonest!

The Pokémon School is holding a special Fishing competition from the top of Poké Ride Pokémon, with Lana teaching how it is done. As Ash lacks a fishing rod, Lana and he head to her house to pick one up for him to borrow. Bonding, they soon become better friends but when time comes for the fishing competition, a mysterious shadow appears with its eyes set on the Water-type Pokémon...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Rowlet doesn't even care lol

Lillie officially touched a Pokemon, if not by choice too XD

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Lana's Voiceactor is literally honey to my ears.

Rotom isnt being nearly as bad either

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Pretty sure I heard some form of shipping going on lol

I'm liking this episode already. Just wish TR wasn't as prevalent.

Thank you Mallow and Ash for telling Rotom to shut up!

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ash has superhuman strength in his legs to jump that far lol

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well at least they got rid of the blasting off BS lol.

I liked this episode, if only cuz it made me like Popplio a little more. Plus Rowlet is amazing as usual <3!!!

Janovy

Banned
I'm happy they gave Popplio some sort of backstory.

That was neat.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Was probably the most intense fishing sequence in Pokemon (don't recall any others being quite as active)

EDIT: I need this as an avatar or signature.

Lana's trending on JP Twitter apparently.

Did anyone else catch Lillie's Clefairy lure?

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Boring episode mainly full of slapstick humour. But it was nice to see Popplio using his snot bubbles to deflect Mimikyu's Shadow Ball and Ash with Pikachu and Rowlet playing a major part in fending off Team Rocket.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1. It seems Ash is fueling more Aureliashipping than Lillie.

2. If James catch that Bewear: TR will finally become OP.
Oh Lana x Ash is starting to fuel.
Rotomdex wasn't even annoying in this episode, TBH. He was only annoying in SM3 and SM4.

Last edited:

DS0308

<--- Actually me
P O P P L I O

I love that little bastard. :] Gotta question what Team Skull were actually doing to it when Lana saved it...

I don't think the Bewear Blast-Off is going to get old for me if they can continue to do ones like that, I was almost in tears OML. The random Slowpoke was... oddly amusing haha. Rowlet's just chilling not caring at all.

Like I hoped/expected would happen Rotomdex wasn't as obnoxious as the previous episodes.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
1. It seems Ash is fueling more Aureliashipping than Lillie.

2. If James catch that Bewear: TR will finally become OP.
Oh Lana x Ash is starting to fuel.
Rotomdex wasn't even annoying in this episode, TBH. He was only annoying in SM3 and SM4.

I hope Ash gets an Electrum-Z(the one he had is shattered) before James catches Bewear. Then TR won't seem that much OP

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I hope Ash gets an Electrum-Z(the one he had is shattered) before James catches Bewear. Then TR won't seem that much OP

Mimikyu: gets stronger because of Pikachu.
Bewear : runs on water
Also, maybe TR gets Z Crystals too. ( from Giovanni). Too much OP.Likely God tier level.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Also nice to note that Ash was smart enough not to go in head long with a Thunderbolt to save the Ride Pokémon, but rather use Iron Tail to cut the netting. Of course, that was when they above those sharp rocks, but Popplio took care of that.

Ash was literally getting smacked around in this episode. From Popplio to Magikarp to Milotic, I was surprised he wasn't asking for a medic by the end of this episode.

Oh, and Lana was absolutely lovely in this episode. She's become one of my favorite Trial Captains in the games, and she's a delight to listen to. Not to mention, the moment her sisters asked if Ash was her boyfriend was so funny. Pikachu bailed her outta that one though...

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Mimikyu: gets stronger because of Pikachu.
Bewear : runs on water
Also, maybe TR gets Z Crystals too. ( from Giovanni). Too much OP.Likely God tier level.

I don't think TR will get a Z-move. That's too much for much for them in my opinion.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
1. cool to see how lana rescued popplio from team skull and just more of her in general
2. lillie's fear of touching pokemon is still hilarious
3. i had a feeling lana's sisters would ask if ash was her boyfriend lmao

and for all those people who complained about rotomdex being annoying, it seems that even ash and mallow agree lmao. liked the split screen thing that went on there when they were like "you already said, we know!"

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I thought it was pretty clever Ash using Rotom as a stepping stone for Iron Tail.

andrewscott48209

How in the hell did that Slowpoke hook a Sharpedo? That was funny. I really enjoyed this episode. Excellent use of slapstick humor. I think Team Rocket will be saying "We're being carried off again" in the English dub every time Bewear carries them off.

Last edited: