• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Popplio, Do Your Balloonest! (948)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
That's what happens when you mess with a tiny electric generator, children. :p Still, Pikachu went overboard. Did he really have to electrocute everybody in the house, including his Trainer? But I loved Lapras's "WTF?!" reaction to the whole house lighting up with electricity. :D
Anything to get out of an awkward situation. Confirmation that Ride Pokémon can attack others when Lapras used Ice Beam on the Team Skull Grunts and swam away.

BladexFade

The Clefairy lure has no relevance to the games.
No, but it might be foreshadowing to Lusamine's [insertsaidname] Pokemon, though.

Edit: @DankOverlord, My mistake. I fixed the problem.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Anything to get out of an awkward situation. Confirmation that Ride Pokémon can attack others when Lapras used Ice Beam on the Team Skull Grunts and swam away.

Now I want to see someone (it doesn't even have to be Ash or one of his friends, although I would prefer it were) mow down Team Rocket or Team Skull grunts with a Ride Mudsdale. I also want to see Kiawe's Ride Charizard in action. I want to see Ride Pokémon show their strength, even if it's outside of (official) battle.

Lol Bewear is gonna be the running gag of the whole series probably.

Given that the blasting off gag is way past retirement age at this point, I don't mind this new gag of Bewear carrying them off. It made more sense for Team Rocket to actually fall when their balloon was destroyed, rather than be blasted off into the sky as they were in past series. I do wonder at what point we will find out why Bewear seems to be stalking the TRio.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I like them showing the potential for more ride Pokemon than the selection in the game, with the Wailmer ride Pokemon.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
surprise that TR didnt bother me at all this episode
and so many LOL moment , the lana house and lapras WTF face moment , pikachu tailfishing magikarp , ash got hit by milotic and the water running bewear
10/10 :D

DotKU

Champion
A good episode, Bewear was by far the funniest thing about this whole thing, and I like that they've changed it up after so many years. Can't wait to see how Bewear comes in the future. Lana and Popplio were obviously the focus here so what we got was good. Even though some people did not like, I kind of thought Ash getting hit by Milotic was funny because I actually wasn't expecting it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Rowlet was great as always doing its own thing.

Last edited:

Jakind

Ah, I see. Well, then it was probably just a reference to the franchise's original mascot. It's still a nice touch. I suppose Lillie doesn't have a favorite Pokémon - at least, not yet - since she is too afraid to touch any of them. I actually felt sorry for her when Popplio jumped into her lap. For once, her fear was not played for laughs.

Speaking of the lures, Kiawe's lure was a Charizard, not a Turtonator. Does this mean that, despite how close he is with his Turtonator (as evidenced by the Z-Move), he is closer to his Ride Charizard, or his Charizard is his favorite Pokémon? Now, I hope Kiawe's focus episode (if/when he gets one) will dive more into his and Charizard's relationship.

Actually...
Lillie gives the protagonist a Poke Doll Clefairy Doll and said to be her most precious treasure once.
Edit: Poke Doll is actually called ピッピにんぎょう (Clefairy Doll) in Japanese.

Last edited:

Jason3b93

I didn't like this one as much as the other four episodes, sorry.
My prediction about the main companion changing every week was spot on, but I don't really like Lana in the games and in the anime isn't doing much to change my opinion about her.
Also, Ash is an idiot - CONFIRMED. Even when facing Team Rockett, he almost throws the Lapras at the rocks. I mean, I hope he starts doing some trials and show some competence. But I have a bad feeling.
Also, I really want that the Litten to be captured.
Even though there were a big shipteasing with Lana, I still sense that Mallow is the main ship of this season.
But I got say that I loved the Jesus-Bewear and Lana's twins.

uber gon

Accept Change
Also, Ash is an idiot - CONFIRMED. Even when facing Team Rockett, he almost throws the Lapras at the rocks. I mean, I hope he starts doing some trials and show some competence. But I have a bad feeling.

To be fair, all Pikachu knows is Iron Tail or SUPER EFFECTIVE ON WATER TYPES Electric attacks. Maybe if Pikachu evolved into Alolan Raichu and had Psychic attacks would we have seen a more competent rescue. Which will never happen.:(
#AlolanRaichuForAsh2017

Abzu

Well in my case I enjoyed the episode... plus Suiren's sister are adorable XD

In my case I now support the Ash x Suiren... for now anyway, the way her Popplio worked here was also very well done so I think it does have a chance of evolving as Primarina does fit her very well.

Bewear... well happy that finally something outside blasting off does work.

snorlax512

Funny episode with nice Ash and Lana interactions, but I'm gonna get real bored soon if there aren't any awesome battles coming up :p

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
And thus, we get the first official filler of the series.

That being said, for a filler.. It still is a part of the exposition-arc that we're currently stuck in - nothing new happened, but exposition was necessary I guess. But lets be honest for a second, though there may have been a few moments that were enjoyable (many have noted Bewear's amazing entry, Lana's siblings), but this was just a sub-par filler where the CotD has been replaced with a character that we'll be seeing structurally more off. At any other point in any other series, this wouldn't get the response it did, but people are still on the "new series high".. If this was the 86th episode of the series, there would've been complaints akin to: "Why are we getting a fishing filler! We don't need these kinds of episode! This reminds me of the XY-Bonnie/Lapras episode!!"

So yeah, with little to no hype investment in Sun and Moon, I can objectively give this episode a 6.5/10, because there were a few fun parts, but outside of that, it was the first filler and not really anything groundbreaking.

Also nice to note that Ash was smart enough not to go in head long with a Thunderbolt to save the Ride Pokémon, but rather use Iron Tail to cut the netting. Of course, that was when they above those sharp rocks, but Popplio took care of that.

Which was forced as hell.. I rolled my eyes at that moment, but they had to involve Popplio, otherwise the whole balloon-training segment wouldn't have a pay-off.

Funny episode with nice Ash and Lana interactions, but I'm gonna get real bored soon if there aren't any awesome battles coming up :p

This.. Not even the lack of "awesome battles", but this is obviously an exposition-arc. We need to have an episode about the region (SM1), some short set-up for the series (SM2) and then we get of to the rest of the introductions:
- SM3: Rotomdex
- SM4: First capture
- SM5: Lana
- SM6: Sophocles and Togedemaru
- SM7: Litten likely gets caught, perhaps they can give Kiawe some focus if they want to condense a bit, since he is all about that Fire-type as mentioned in this episode.
- SM8: Lillie getting an egg.

I mean you can pretty much predict by her exclusion in terms of focus in the first eight episodes that Mallow would be the focus in SM9.. So maybe, maybe Ash will begin the trials in SM10?

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Bewear : runs on water.

We may have found Jesus in the anime XD

I am so willing to bet that the internet will meme that bit into oblivion now.