• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Popplio, Do Your Balloonest! (948)

DatsRight

Did anyone else think Meowth's chibi style plotting was very much like the boss fantasies from AG-DP? Wouldn't mind if we saw more of that in play this series.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Did anyone else think Meowth's chibi style plotting was very much like the boss fantasies from AG-DP? Wouldn't mind if we saw more of that in play this series.

the return of the team rocket lurking music and those small plotting segments gives me some hope that they'll throw in some boss fantasies in this series. we'll just have to wait and see.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Team Rocket's already at their peak comedy in the entire series with only five episodes down. They're my favourite part (sans Rowlet) by far so enjoy it before the denouement.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Rocket's already at their peak comedy in the entire series with only five episodes down. They're my favourite part (sans Rowlet) by far so enjoy it before the denouement.

This is probably true sadly :/
Anyways funny episode. Lana was adorable, I laughed when Ash and Mallow yelled at Rotomdex, when Ash got tackled by Milotic, Lillie's space attire, Team Rocket blasting off by Bewear once again, and Lana's scene with her sisters.
10/10

Zach8920

Not gonna lie, Lillie really gets the hell on my nerves. I'd kill to be in a world of Pokemon yet she makes a suit SPECIFICALLY to seperate herself from them.

Aside from that, Ash getting hit by that Milotic was hilarious. The switch from 'hype megas' to a more relaxing setting is a lot more appealing to me than I could ever have imagined.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Did anyone else notice how Harper and Sarah's shadows weren't completely colored in after Pikachu shocked everyone? You can clearly see two green splotches during that little moment

That aside, this has to be one of my favorite episodes so far. Lana and Popplio definitely showed off their personalities here and I loved the backstory of how they first met. I was especially glad that they got to keep some aspects of Lana's personality from the games since she made that joke about Kyogre (now if we can just make her the Brock of this series and have her swoon over male swimmers :p ). Team Rocket wasn't actually pretty good too since they didn't take up most of the time and their plan was pretty clever. Plus, the scene with them in the trees was one of my favorite moments since Samson Oak finding them was definitely unexpected and they did have some continuity on how Ash normally doesn't do well in school.

The comedy was great as well and there were a number of hilarious moments such as Ash and Mallow yelling at Rotom, Bewear's moment, & the scene with Lana and her sisters (though I'm surprised Ash didn't look surprised since he kind of already has a girlfriend)

Last edited:

shadowF

so how is everyone enjoying Pokemon Sun and Moon anime so far?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
so how is everyone enjoying Pokemon Sun and Moon anime so far?

As always, every generation starts very strong, so I'd say I like this (despite the fact I would have liked if it had stayed true to the source material...and Gloverhead).

The main problem is, will it keep that feeling in the gigantic middle portion? Because everything tends to fall apart as soon as the first gym area is cleared and we start seeing the true colors.

Soooo, today I decided to give the Sun/Moon anime a go, and I actually rather like it! I'm interested in seeing Lillie's real reason for not wanting to touch Pokemon. Also, the wait for Gladion is gonna keep me going if it starts to bog down at any point. For the first time, I've been fully invested in the anime, instead of just watching a few episodes which sounded cool.

That Bewear tho... I died of laughter when it just ran on the water and everyone was just observing like ".... wtf just happened".

Also, the Mimikyu/Pikachu rivalry is gonna be an interesting one, as I'm rooting for Mimikyu but I know that Ash will probably come out on top. Mimikyu being in a Luxury ball is adorable, however. I'm looking forward to see how it goes with TR!

Did anyone notice the neat little touch with Lillie's fishing rod having a Clefable on it? I think this is intense Lusamine foreshadowing....

Nevans

Honestly, my fears for the series are slowly being confirmed. The show will be a pointless mess devoid of any action, truly the lowest point for the show since DP year long filler episodes.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Soooo, today I decided to give the Sun/Moon anime a go, and I actually rather like it! I'm interested in seeing Lillie's real reason for not wanting to touch Pokemon. Also, the wait for Gladion is gonna keep me going if it starts to bog down at any point. For the first time, I've been fully invested in the anime, instead of just watching a few episodes which sounded cool.

That Bewear tho... I died of laughter when it just ran on the water and everyone was just observing like ".... wtf just happened".

Also, the Mimikyu/Pikachu rivalry is gonna be an interesting one, as I'm rooting for Mimikyu but I know that Ash will probably come out on top. Mimikyu being in a Luxury ball is adorable, however. I'm looking forward to see how it goes with TR!

Did anyone notice the neat little touch with Lillie's fishing rod having a Clefable on it? I think this is intense Lusamine foreshadowing....

Actually...
In the games Lillie gives the player character a Pokedoll (Clefairy) at the end of the game. I thought the lure looked more like Clefairy but could be wrong.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly, my fears for the series are slowly being confirmed. The show will be a pointless mess devoid of any action, truly the lowest point for the show since DP year long filler episodes.

I disagree. I honestly think this is the highest point of the anime since DP since it's actually trying something new and not using the same old formula again.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I respectfully disagree. There has been quite a bit of action so far. Episode 5 probably had the least amount of action so far, but this is just the beginning. IMHO, one can't expect every single episode, especially in the beginning of a series, to be nonstop, high-stakes action.

I disagree. I honestly think this is the highest point of the anime since DP since it's actually trying something new and not using the same old formula again.

Also we haven't seen Gladion or Lusamine yet. I think when Gladion and Lusamine appear things will pick up a lot more once they arrive.

But something I find weird is in such a light-hearted anime, Hau hasn't appeared yet. Weird...

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer

I really don't think so. If you've played S/M, the games have a really deep plot that can be transferred to the anime. The first episodes with each classmate being the sole focus is just the exposition so we can get to learn the characters more. After that, it'll start picking up and we can hopefully get the S/M plot in the anime, maybe even better.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Also we haven't seen Gladion or Lusamine yet. I think when Gladion and Lusamine appear things will pick up a lot more once they arrive.

But something I find weird is in such a light-hearted anime, Hau hasn't appeared yet. Weird...
Not necessarily. Barry, Bianca, and the Kalos trio all appeared later in the anime than they do in the games, so once can expect that Hau will do the same thing

Janovy

Banned
DP never had year long filler episodes. If you're going to criticize, at least get your facts straight.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

We are 5 episodes in, and people are claiming this to be "a pointless mess devoid of any action". Ok first off nothing shown so far was pointless and is required to set up the stage for later. The character-focused episodes are needed to establish each character and give them their own moments before things start to move. It's much better to establish a lot of things early on and work with what you have later, rather than throwing random "action" scenes that generates hype, only to clog up and become a mess later on. Top-down almost always beats bottom-up when it comes to stories.

Also if you are referring to the gap between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore, a lot of essential stuff happened between the two, so I'm not sure what the problem is. It wasn't spetacular, but it was much better than other filler arcs.

Nevans

We are 5 episodes in, and people are claiming this to be "a pointless mess devoid of any action". Ok first off nothing shown so far was pointless and is required to set up the stage for later. The character-focused episodes are needed to establish each character and give them their own moments before things start to move. It's much better to establish a lot of things early on and work with what you have later, rather than throwing random "action" scenes that generates hype, only to clog up and become a mess later on. Top-down almost always beats bottom-up when it comes to stories.

Also if you are referring to the gap between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore, a lot of essential stuff happened between the two, so I'm not sure what the problem is. It wasn't spetacular, but it was much better than other filler arcs.

Well, I said slowly be confirmed. Unfortunately for me, I'm not too interested in comedy, so the setting up of all the running gags ,Team Rockets constant kidnapping by Beware, and the talking talking Pokedex is sounding off the warning bells that the show is trying too hard to be Yo Kai Watch.

I'm a little hard on DP because I always kept fast forwarding through Brocks flirting and Team Rockets boss fantasies.

Well, I said slowly be confirmed. Unfortunately for me, I'm not too interested in comedy, so the setting up of all the running gags ,Team Rockets constant kidnapping by Beware, and the talking talking Pokedex is sounding off the warning bells that the show is trying too hard to be Yo Kai Watch.

I'm a little hard on DP because I always kept fast forwarding through Brocks flirting and Team Rockets boss fantasies.

I feel like he means that we shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast, as this is only the beginning and will likely lead to more action later on. I jumped to the conclusion that S/M anime wouldn't have good humour and wasn't good from looking at the art style and the fact that he'd be in school, but when I looked at how Pokemon like Litten were drawn and how the other characters like Lillie were drawn, plus Kiawe using his Z-move, I completely did a U-turn.

I mean heck, when we reach the villain arc, if they do something similar to the games them I'm stoked for the action to be all there is. Unless the differences compared to the games are drastic (like BW) then there will be a pretty deep plot twist, which I'm hyped for.

Last edited: