• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Popularity of Sword & Shield’s Characters

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So, as of late, I’ve been reading and writing too much fanfiction. My browsing has given me some questions.
1. Why are Milo, Raihan, Piers, and Leon so popular? Especially for shipping fodder?
MILO ISN’T ATTRACTIVE, OKAY.
2. Speaking of Milo, apparently he’s canonically 17. I thought he was 25…
3. Why aren’t Klara and Avery that popular? Is it because they’re complete jerks in the games?
4. WHY DO PEOPLE SHIP ALLISTER WITH KABU? EVEN IF THEY DID USE 18 Y/O ALLISTER (which, of course, they don’t) THEY’D STILL BE SHIPPING HIM WITH A 50 Y/O MAN. E N O U G H.
5. Why is Kabu so popular, anyways?
6. Peony and Peonia don’t get enough love. They’re great characters, even if they do only appear in the DLC and Peonia only has a few lines.
7. Why doesn’t Gordie get much love outside of obscure ships (and god-forbid, ships with his mom *shudders*)? :(
8. Why is Bede so popular? I never cared for him that much.
P.S. sorry for the all caps, I just care too much about the well-being of my characters.
Enjoy answering these questions, coming up with your own questions and theories about the characters’ popularity, etc. I await your responses!

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Its weird that despite them being popular they dont appear in the anime..

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Its weird that despite them being popular they dont appear in the anime..
That is a valid point. It sucks that they haven’t been getting the spotlight they deserve. However, I’m primarily using this thread to discuss the characters, the games, and the fandom, not the anime.