• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Popularity Poll Results

Well, DragonAR noticed them first, but I felt this deserved its own thread ^-^.

Didn't know there was a Pokemon only poll. Pika first, predictable, second place, Mimi, HELLZ YEAH. Third place, Mewtwo, HELLZ YEAH AGAIN.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I am pleased with those results. :D
I'm surprised Silver didn't get more votes though, with the amount of fans he has. Hmm.

Maxim

Beyond repair
I'm disappointed.

Just 38 places?

Did Netkun just ignore lower votes or maybe people didn't bother to vote for minor characters this time?

Meh, I'm still disappoint.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Correct me if I'm wrong but is 11 through 13 Platinum, Crystal, and Emerald?

Anyway the pole results are what I expected. I'm also surprised Silver isn't higher on the list and I'm happy Yellow got so high up. To me it doesn't matter where you placed, as long as you made the list. if you didn't make the list then it's sad.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Goddammit, people!

Can't you vote for someone that's NOT a Dex holder!?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Wow, I'm surprised Silver didn't rate any higher o.o what's up with my favorite characters rating "7" on polls?

I'm not surprised though, that Gold got second xDD I would have boosted up Pearl a bit though

DragonAR

I'm Mexican !
My friend was right, she always told me that Red would win the poll, but I was expecting that Diamond gain the second place and that Platinum had a higher position.

I find that Silver place is fine ._. , he had the 9th in the first poll afterall.

And good for Pika, he is a cool pokémon! And Mewtwo too!

The images say something interesting? Someone can read it?

Correct me if I'm wrong but is 11 through 13 Platinum, Crystal, and Emerald?

Yes! Platinum is 11°, Crys 12° and Emerald 13°

Black is 15° and White 22°

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Goddammit, people!

Can't you vote for someone that's NOT a Dex holder!?

No. Their roles are too minor. :p Seriously though, the Dexholders are the main characters, what did you expect?

It doesn't surprise me that Red and Pika are number 1 in their respective polls.

Clearly, people liek Mudkipz (Zuzu is number 4.)

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
My friend was right, she always told me that Red would win the poll, but I was expecting that Diamond gain the second place and that Platinum had a higher position.

I find that Silver place is fine ._. , he had the 9th in the first poll afterall.

And good for Pika, he is a cool pokémon! And Mewtwo too!

The images say something interesting? Someone can read it?

Yes! Platinum is 11°, Crys 12° and Emerald 13°

Black is 15° and White 22°

Wow. Pearl and Platinum did better then I expected to be honest. I knew Dia would rank high as he's so lovable and earned his spot but I expected Pearl and Platinum to be spots 13 and 14. Pearl made the top 10, and Platinum just missed it by one spot. Nice that the Sinnoh trio now feel like part of the gang. I expect Black to be much higher up in the next one. I'm still surprised Silver isn't number 2 or 3 though.

Pokemon wise, Pika being number 1 doesn't shock me at all. He really showed his stuff in the Yellow arc so, yeah.

Poor Emerald though. He just seems like the outcast. Only reason I think Black didn't surpass him is because he's still a little new. At least he beat out the secondary characters, right?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm surprised Black is less popular than Emerald. It's nice to see Gold is the second most popular though, and Cyndaquil is the seventh most popular Pokemon.

SmartD

So Red got the most votes, I guess he's really popular and he was the first protagonist of the manga. And Pikachu got the most votes too.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm surprised Black is less popular than Emerald. It's nice to see Gold is the second most popular though, and Cyndaquil is the seventh most popular Pokemon.

Black is still new. I expect him to make the top ten next time. I doubt Emerald would ever make it on there.

MonkeyX

These ratings are pretty much what you'd expect, but Dia making the top 5 was a nice surprise. I would have liked to see Black (my fav dexholder) higher but 15 isn't too bad for a new guy, when they do this again whenever that is, he'll definetly be Number 1 quite a bit higher.

e9310103838

I reorganize slightly the ranking.

1st Red

2nd Gold

3rd Ruby

4th Yellow

5th Dia/Diamond, Sapphire

7th Silver

8th Green(boy)

9th Blue(girl)

10th Pearl

11th Platinum

12th Crys/Crystal

13th Emerald

14th Giovanni

15th Black

16th Steven

17th Lance

18th Bill

19th Courtney

20th Wally, Pryce

22th White

23th Thorton

24th Misty

25th Riley, Pokémon Fan Club Chairman(Shinnoh)

27th Anabel, Volkner, Norman, Cynthia, N

32th Wallace, Archie

34th Sabrina, Pokémon Association President(Shinnoh), Blaine

37th Erika

38th ......etc.

Pokemon's part:

1st Red's Pika

2nd Ruby's Mimi

3rd Mewtwo

4th Red's Vee

5th Ruby's Zuzu

6th Red's Poli

7th Gold's Exbo

8th Silver's Sneasel

9th Yellow's Chuchu

10th Gold's Aibo

11th Gold's Pichu, Latias

13th Giovanni's Beedrill

14th Dia's Tru

15th Pearl's Rayhiko

16th Emerld's Sceptile

17th Gold's Togebo

18th Dia's Lax

19th Red's Saur

20th Blue's Ditty

21th Platinum's Empoleon

22th Green's Charizard

23th Blue's Jiggly, Pearl's Chatler

25th Rotom

26th Platinum's Lopunny

27th Celebi, Crys's Megaree

29th Mew

30th Yellow's Kitty

31th Lance's Dragonite

32th Green's Scizor

33th Suicune

34th Jirachi

35th Pryce's Swinub, Sapphire's Toro

37th Black's Musha, Dia's Gi, Sabrina's Mr.Mime, Deoxys

41th Silver's Feraligatr

Aquarelle

Staff member
I am not surprised at all that Dex Holders claimed the top spots, but I have to say it is a little...lame. :/
That being said, I am glad to see Dia at #5 since I like him a lot.

On the Pokemon list, I'm a little surprised that Mimi beat Mewtwo. Not that I'm complaining about that, though. =)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Cool that Mimi got 2nd. XD She was always my favorite among the Dexholders' Pokemon. <3

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Somehow I'm relieved AND annoyed that Dia is only 5th place. But it's already high enough, I guess...
I'm starting to resent Red for ranking 1st again, though....
Surprised that Thorton ranked higher than Cynthia and N.... looks like he's really popular....

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm actually not surprised that Thorton ranked higher then Cynthia. He was very entertaining in his match with Platinum. That's probably my favorite chapter of that arc. Cynthia is just something for the guys to drool over, but she does have her moments where she is amusing in Special.

I don't see why Blue, Green, and Sapphire didn't get more votes. I always liked them, but I know I have different opinions that others.

shengar

Silent reader
Red is 1st, predictable but never thought that Gold so popular in Japan.
Blue and Sapphire only got in 9th and 5th place respectively? Son, I'm dissapoint;_;
Sakaki got the 14th place though, kinda good for villain, as he is the only manage to get in the list. He even beat Black. Guess Black have yet to caught the heart of fans isn't it?