• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Port forwarding problem?

Surfing_Pikachu

So, I'm trying to forward ports in my modem to my router, but the part where you fill in the IP of the location you want to forward it to looks like this: 192.168.15.__ with the underscore being the part you type in. I need to put 192.168.1.1, which is my router's IP, but it won't let me.

My modem is VDV21-VD, which I suspect has built in security measures (as some modems do). Yes, I created a Static IP.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I assume that you have a modem wired to a router. Modems do not have NAT, since they are only supposed to be plugged into a single computer/device. Any internet request made on the modem should simply be redirect to the router, unless the modem has a firewall. If it does, I recommend simply disabling it, as the use of NAT is much better security than a hardware firewall, since the computers on your network use private IP addresses. So basically, on your router, forward the ports to the IP address held by whichever computer/device you need the ports forwarded to. In the field where you input the IP address, enter the IP address of the device (i.e Nintendo DS), not the router itself.

If for whatever reason you have a router hooked up to another router, I suppose you could simply forward the ports on one router to the other, and from that router to whichever device, but NAT port forwarding is not designed to work in layers like that.

Surfing_Pikachu

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
just use 192.168.2.1 as router ip stream

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
just use 192.168.2.1 as router ip stream

Care to elaborate as to what a "Router IP Stream" is? I've never heard of such a thing, lol. By the way, you do know that IP address is entirely specific to your network, and is not universally used by all routers. In fact the 192.168.1.* subnet is what most routers use, as it is in this case, according to his first post.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
192.168.1.1 is normally reserved by a cable or DSL router that is why if u get a extended router you should set the ip range to 192.1268.2.1 this is how i have my linksys router setup to deal with the conflict

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
192.168.1.1 is normally reserved by a cable or DSL router that is why if u get a extended router you should set the ip range to 192.1268.2.1 this is how i have my linksys router setup to deal with the conflict

That's a good point, but if you read the OP, you'd see it doesn't apply to this situation. The router and modem are already using different subnets, I believe he said the router's using the 192.168.15.* subnet, while the modems using the 192.168.1.* subnet.

Surfing_Pikachu

That's a good point, but if you read the OP, you'd see it doesn't apply to this situation. The router and modem are already using different subnets, I believe he said the router's using the 192.168.15.* subnet, while the modems using the 192.168.1.* subnet.
Yes, that is correct. Anyway I can get the two on the same subnet?

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
i dont think it is possible cause it would conflict