1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Portal 2

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by supersmew, Dec 8, 2012.

1. supersmew

supersmew Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ

Anyone wanna discuss Portal 2? /)^-^(\

2. monkeyman192

monkeyman192 simply bored

Loved portal 2!
    I don't think it had quite the same feel as the original, but it was a brilliant game nonetheless!
    I keep meaning to have a play of it again now that there are tonnes more maps to play :)

3. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

One of the best games of all time. I've been meaning to go back to it, but I need someone else to play with so I can finish co-op.

4. Silver Bolt

Silver Bolt Undying flames

I absolutely love Portal 2, but I haven't really played it much lately. There are tons of maps that I want to download and try out, but I keep getting distracted with other stuff, and I keep forgetting about it. Well, maybe I'll do that tomorrow since I'm not gonna be doing anything else. I doubt it, though.

5. supersmew

Just quickly asking, does everyone know the plot of the game?I don't really wan't one of those spoiler moments...

6. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

You can use the [spoil] tags to hide spoilers.

[spoil]Portal 2 dies at the end.[/spoil]

7. Abstinence Pistols

Abstinence Pistols Fahrvergnugen

8. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

[spoil]That part made me cry.[/spoil]

9. Rezzo

Rezzo Donkey Kong is here

I like the part where

[spoil]Stephen Merchant[/spoil]

10. mule

mule New Member

I should go back and play this game soon. It's so good. I always wondered though, at the end, if
    the test subject actually did find her way out, or the prairie was just an .. not illusion but, well, not real.

11. Klizcool

Klizcool Undead Blasphemer

I did see somewhere where it where found herself in the world of Half Life, but that might not have been canon.

12. supersmew

[spoil] SPACE! [/spoil] <-- True Story

13. the3rdH0kage

the3rdH0kage Turn my Swag on!

I'm still working on the game, I got it on Black Friday so........ but anyway I'm about 1/4th of the way through it, I probably would have it beaten except for I got about 4 other games recently (Halo 4, BLOP2, AC3, AC: Brotherhood) along with Portal 2 so yeah.

14. Klizcool

Klizcool Undead Blasphemer

I'd Recomend beating it. The ending was quite... Interesting... All-in-all, this game makes me like GlaDOS even more.

Lol, "I'm a potato"

15. the3rdH0kage

the3rdH0kage Turn my Swag on!

I've been busy, and Christmas brings more games and discount sales, but I'll get to it after All State Auditions (I'm a musician also) thats the source of my busyness.

16. r0cks0l1dd

r0cks0l1dd Member

Just completed it a few days ago after going back to it after a few months

This was unexpected but still funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDbmu9YYoHA

I also liked the part where [spoil] if you came back after you escape at the beginning of Chapter 9, Wheatley tries to persuade you to jump into the pit by saying stuff like Chel's parents and boys are down there and GLaDOS says "You really do have brain damage, don't you?".[/spoil]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  17. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

Definitely a great game, all the puzzles included are fun and challenging at times and makes you use your brain a lot throughout the excursions.

18. Night_Walker

Night_Walker Well-Known Member

Portal 2 is easily one of the best games of recent times :)

Every element of the game is great.

Apart from how you're encouraged to work everything out for yourself and, at least in some places, can find several ways to do things the best part of the gameplay is how while it might be difficult it never ever feels unfair - indeed I know I never had a "You have got to be kidding!" moment, instead just "Oh right... how did I miss that" moments.

Design wise the game is totally distinct from anything else around, it has; its own distinct sound, its own distinct look and feel, and its own distinct tone.

The voice acting is top notch and is really the game's best element, bringing the world of Apeture to life in a wonderful, zannie and totally hilarious way through its totally wonderful and unique characters :) indeed the quiet parts of the game are generally the least entertaining.

That said, it isn't the kind of game you can play a lot because familiarity with the puzzles can lower the enjoyment even with the crazy fun dialogue.

19. This post.

This thread has kinda died...

20. Jacobthepokemonfreak

Jacobthepokemonfreak Fly it all away!

SPACE! SPACE! WANNA GO TO SPACE! SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!

awesome work by Nolan North