• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Porygon2 and Porygon-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Why is it that they are "banned" from the anime when it was Pikachu Thunderbolt that caused the seizures?

I was hoping Takuto's second pokemon would have been a Porygon-Z.

TicoPokemonMaster

guess what the writers don't even know why they are banned. seriously Pikachu is the mascot so it wasn't going to get banned.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
They're not "banned," per se, but I think it's because of a lack of storylines for them. I mean, the Porygon line are all man-made Pokemon, plus the PC Storage System never really went anywhere in the anime, so basically, there hasn't been a need for virtual Pokemon.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
They are "banned" because it was the "Pokemon of the Day". It was the main Pokemon associated with the episode.

Pikachu has been in every episode so far. It's the mascot, too. Nobody minds a cute, little Pikachu.

But a virtual, ghastly-eyed, ugly polygon animal-thing?

It's like choosing between having a black widow spider or a puppy as a pet.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
It's sacrificial damage control. After that whole incident with the seizures they put the blame on Porygon and banned it from the series. Even though it was Pikachu who caused it, they couldn't blame their mascot, so they shifted it to the PoTD. It's kinda like what happens when a government screws up and places the blame on a lesser ranked person to keep their image.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Porygon2 and Z will likely not appear. Ha it would have been great Takuto to have a Porygon but istead of Latios? No chance.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Even if Pikachu was the cause of the seizures, the writers of course can't ban Pikachu so since there's no one to blame everything on, they banned the Porygon family instead

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This has been answered in about as many ways as possible in this thread & in old ones. As basically everyone here has said, Porygon's a scapegoat for the seizure incident, and the writers are understandably hesistant to bring those associations back to the anime. If the Porygon line is ever allowed back on the show, it'll be a long, long time from now, when fewer people remember that major incident.

And with that question answered as best as any of us can without busting into the writer's offices and rummaging through their memos...

*closing*

Status
Not open for further replies.