• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PoS Characters Face-Off; Finished! (Undisputed Champion Larry)

Genaller

Silver Soul
- Akkipeddi
- xEryChan

Welcome to the PoS Characters Face-Off where we will decide who the sppf community considers to be the single most anger inducing character in all of fiction!

When choosing your nominations, try to pick characters whose personality and/or actions have made your blood boil and/or have made you want to go inside whatever media they’re in and punch them repeatedly. Admittedly this would have a lot of overlap in character selection with face-offs like Villains or Anti-Heroes; however, the difference here is that we won’t be voting for which character we like the most or thought had the best writing, but rather which one we find to be the most detestable.

Rules

• All SPPF rules apply
  • Each member may nominate up to 6 characters from any anime/cartoon, manga/comic, novel, mythology, game, live action tv show and movie
  • Specify the continuity if needed (e.g. if you pick Envy from FMA specify if he’s from the 2003 anime, Brotherhood, the manga or the Netflix live action adaptation).
  • Don’t nominate a character who was already nominated including alternate continuity versions.
  • Do not ping other members in posts that don’t contribute to the tally once the matchups have started.
  • Do not go off topic during the middle of a matchup (discussions should be relevant to the characters currently involved).
  • Try not to post essays or at the very least use spoiler tags when you do.
  • Don't fill the thread with spam. Not including nominations, each person gets two posts maximum in between matchups / eliminations.
  • After voting, you may only edit your vote before the next voter casts their’s
  • The rules for the matchups will be given after the nomination period has ended.
  • There is no limit on the number of total nominations; I’ll end the nomination period when it seems like no further nominations will be given.
  • No revenge voting. Revenge voting in this thread will be defined as maliciously voting to spite a specific member or members based on previous face-off results and/or other drama both inside and outside of this thread, rather than voting for which character you would like to see win. If you think somebody is revenge voting, let me know and show me the evidence that the person is doing so. Let’s all remember that at the end of the day this is just a game. (credit for the rule to keepitsimple)

Let the nominations for greatest fictional a$$h0le now begin!

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Lmao
1. DIO (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
2. Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
3. Radovid the Stern (Witcher 3)
4. Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)
5. Goro Akechi (Persona 5)
6. Suguru Kamoshida (Persona 5)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Envy (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Shou Tucker (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Nina Einstein (Code Geass)

Mayuri Shiina (Steins;Gate)

Kazuto Kirigaya (Sword Art Online)

Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

I also yet another who is very, very widely despised in the anime fandom, but I won't nominate him....cuz I hate him so much that I don't wanna risk him ending up as a winner of this Face-Off.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
@Akkipeddi nominated him already lol.

BTW I'm adding Spike Spiegel if it really depends upon which characters we personally hate.

Nobody's stopping you, but by right, this face off is not about characters you hate, but about characters who are genuinely PoS. We haven't stopped WJ, but his list doesn't make sense because it's characters he personally hates, not characters who are vile people.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Dolores Umbridge - Harry Potter Ninja'd twice
Hera - Percy Jackson
Nero - Trails of Apollo
Jonah J Jameson - Spider-Man 2002

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nobody's stopping you, but by right, this face off is not about characters you hate, but about characters who are genuinely PoS. We haven't stopped WJ, but his list doesn't make sense because it's characters he personally hates, not characters who are vile people.

OK, in that case @wolf jani should also change his nominations too.

Well screw it, I'll listen to you and replace Spike with Kirito from SAO (he's widely hated by many for being a near Stu).....and Mayuri from Steins;Gate (I saw her name in the list of most hated females in anime in two sites so I can assume that she's also widely despised; the reasons why she is because of being too one-dimensionally cute and being a total plot-device & damsel in the 2nd half of S;G).

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
OK, in that case @wolf jani should also change his nominations too.

Well screw it, I'll listen to you and replace Spike with Kirito from SAO (he's widely hated by many for being a near Stu).....and Mayuri from Steins;Gate (I saw her name in the list of most hated females in anime in two sites so I can assume that she's also widely despised (the reasons why she is because of being too ones dimensionally cute and being a total plot-device damsel is the 2nd half of S;G.

You can keep Spike if you want lol. See who I nominated :D

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You can keep Spike if you want lol. See who I nominated :D
You do realize that you contradicted yourself there, right...after telling me otherwise? Edward & Spike are both widely liked characters (considered one of the best in general in the anime fandom)...so going by your words we shouldn't nominate them regardless of how we personally feel about them.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
You do realize that you contradicted yourself there, right...after telling me otherwise. Edward & Spike are both widely liked characters (considered one of the best in general in the anime fandom)...so going by your words we shouldn't nominate them regardless if how we personally feel about them.

Well yes that should ideally be the way, but it's too late and farfetched to tell people to change their nominations, so I guess I'll join in.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
It doesn't matter what other people think, nominate characters who you think are pieces of **** .

Denethor II Steward of Gondor - Lord of The Rings
Gríma Wormtongue- Lord of The Rings

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I won't play but I can help here:

Nina Einstein (Code Geass)
Yukiteru Amano (Future Diary)
Moneybags (Spyro Reignited Trilogy)
Yevgeny Borisovitch Volgin (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
Seymour (Final Fantasy X)
Thanos (MCU)
I already nominated Nina FYI.

Well yes that should ideally be the way, but it's too late and farfetched to tell people to change their nominations, so I guess I'll join in.
Your hypocrisy totally astounds me. :p ;)