• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Positive Autism Awareness

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think autism is vilified by the media way too much and misunderstood way too much. I believe instead of focusing on the negative things it causes, we should embrace the positive and tell the world that having autism isn’t so bad. I am proud to be part of the autism spectrum and to be diagnosed with Asperger’s disorder. Sure I have issues but I’m happy with my diagnosis. What do you guys think? Should we spread positive autism awareness?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think autism is vilified by the media way too much and misunderstood way too much. I believe instead of focusing on the negative things it causes, we should embrace the positive and tell the world that having autism isn’t so bad. I am proud to be part of the autism spectrum and to be diagnosed with Asperger’s disorder. Sure I have issues but I’m happy with my diagnosis. What do you guys think? Should we spread positive autism awareness?
Most definitely. What are your guys thoughts on autistic people being able to get help and housing when their parents pass away?

Captain Jigglypuff

Well there are programs designed to help people with high functioning autism like me to live independent and successful lives. A rep payee is a good option for handling financial needs. I have one and I know that I can sleep soundly at night because I know that my bills will be paid on time.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Well there are programs designed to help people with high functioning autism like me to live independent and successful lives. A rep payee is a good option for handling financial needs. I have one and I know that I can sleep soundly at night because I know that my bills will be paid on time.
That's awesome. It's too bad that not every area has good services for people with autism.

Captain Jigglypuff

I don’t understand why people listen to that bimbo Jenny McCarthy when it comes to autism and vaccines. She is just recklessly putting kids at risk of catching preventable deadly diseases. I’d like to tie her up and spray her with a hose until she admits what a horrible person she is for causing harm to kids everywhere.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Well I once vaccinated then later when I had Gluten my stomach felt like **** and didn’t do that before so it had to have been the vaccines

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don’t understand why people listen to that bimbo Jenny McCarthy when it comes to autism and vaccines. She is just recklessly putting kids at risk of catching preventable deadly diseases. I’d like to tie her up and spray her with a hose until she admits what a horrible person she is for causing harm to kids everywhere.
I think that she's trying to draw awareness to issues with vaccines. Don't see what's wrong with her doing so.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I’m anti vaccine but not anti autism because lots of people close to ma have it and realize that there’s nothing really wrong with having it.

Captain Jigglypuff

I think that she's trying to draw awareness to issues with vaccines. Don't see what's wrong with her doing so.
But she is shoving shoddy research down people’s throats! She’s telling parents that measles are a “harmless” childhood disease that should be allowed to exist! How are you okay with that?!

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Also she is just trying to help Jigglypuff vaccines can be very deadly to some people while others aren’t harmed

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
But she is shoving shoddy research down people’s throats! She’s telling parents that measles are a “harmless” childhood disease that should be allowed to exist! How are you okay with that?!
She's trying to help. That said, I do agree about the measles comment you made. She went too far with that one. I may be an antivaxxer, but I don't think she should be doing what you mentioned above.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I was actually waiting for a thread like this! I'm on the spectrum myself and I think autism does get a bad rap in popular media (Auti$m $peaks, I'm looking at you...) But those with autism can also have their positive qualities. I really love making art and writing.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Awareness is already there. ACCEPTANCE is the real next step.

If you can't stand the idea of a child with autism because you fear vaccines, you don't deserve to have or be near such.

People with allergic and incidental reactions are a niche issue:The cores of antivaxxing are and will always be crackpot psuedoscience, willing participation in foreign powers' germ warfare through believing, redistributing and enforcing propaganda pushed by nations with something to gain if lethal diseases like measles runs rampant, and earning illicit, immoral and unethical profit off of those who believe in not giving children a boost.

Look at Samoa right now. Antivaxxing is killing and warping kids and destroying their economy due to propaganda.

We should ACCEPT autism as part of humanity, and if you can't do that, you don't deserve kids, as it's not a disease or a disorder:It's a piece of neurodiversity. If you fear that, you're ableist, even if you "mean well".

Eldegoss

Pollinate me.
I'm happy that more and more people are becoming educated about what autism really is and are learning that their children who have autism can still lead a healthy, happy life. I work in HR and I have employed a few candidates who have been open about being on the autism spectrum, but it has never impacted their jobs negatively.

In fact, one of those candidates has been smashing their KPIs for the entire year. Like, it isn't even funny how great he is at his job. I have planned a promotion package for him to start off next year with a bang!

Out of curiosity, has anyone here faced discrimination based on their autism?