• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible Ash vs Gou in PWC?

darkpoet

I think there might be a chance that Ash and Gou will fight in the PWC and if they do, there might be a chance the Gou eliminates Ash which sets up Pokemon Gen 9 series. Gou has a legit chance of beating Ash given that he can catch most pokemons and by the later part of the series, he might have multiple legendaries

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
If that's the case, many of the fans including me would be disappointed. It would be more than Unova league where Ash lost to Cameron!

darkpoet

Also Gou’s goal of catching all pokemon which he has an easy time doing pretty much sets him up to become a pokemon master cause he has powerful pokemons at his disposal

dman_dustin

The Alolan episode made it clear Go wants nothing to do with Ash's goal with exception to sparring matches I guess.

Would be strange for Go to change his mind given the events of the episode, or even weirder that the writers somehow find a way to justify it even with Go's statement in the Alola episode.

RetroPokeFan

I think there might be a chance that Ash and Gou will fight in the PWC and if they do, there might be a chance the Gou eliminates Ash which sets up Pokemon Gen 9 series. Gou has a legit chance of beating Ash given that he can catch most pokemons and by the later part of the series, he might have multiple legendaries
No one would win in that scenario because not only would people start calling Ash a loser again thus resetting the status quo to the way it was before Alola but Gou would end up being hated and reviled even more so than Cameron.

And no one should ever fall to Cameron’s level... no one.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I want Ash-Mewtwo vs Goh-Mew battle to conclude the series. They don't even need to catch them, just borrow because of trust like Kukui did with Tapu Koko. And Ash is already friends with Mewtwo, even two of them!

dman_dustin

And no one should ever fall to Cameron’s level... no one.

Given that Go's character is far more likable than......Cameron........there's nothing Go could do to be as bad as him. 2nd place works just fine.

I'm kidding to a point if Ash defeats Leon I don't want to see Ash losing to Go unless its something like Go's Zapdos vs Ash's Squrtle. But if Ash is using a strong Pokemon yeah I don't want to see Ash losing

Not to mention getting eliminated from PWC makes no sense.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Having a 1 v 1 battle between them is fine, but go goal is to catch every pokemon including mew and not participating in PWC, no need to shoehorn there match in this.

LucasMV

I agree it won't happen.

But I've been thinking about this. If Go catches a lot of legendaries, it would be super weird to have Ash win the PWC (defeat Leon) while Go sits on the side with his Zapdos, Suicune and bunch of other legendaries that could potentially defeat the entire PWC, including Ash too.

Like, how does that work? They would have to show a battle after Ash defeats Leon, between him and Go. Where Go uses the strongest legendary he caught (maybe Mew?) against either Ash's Pikachu or another ace. And have Ash win that, to clear any doubt that trainer skills matter most, not pokemon's pure power.

I mean Go's team with Golurk, Flygon and Aerodactyl is by itself already stronger than most previous companion's teams, and he hasn't even started to catch legendaries yet. It'll be weird unless they manage to make the difference between a trainer focused on battles and one focused on catching clear.

Red and Blue

While I won't completely dismiss Go entering later on I doubt he would eliminate Ash. Especially not before Ash reached Leon

Leonhart

Imagineer
There's no solid basis for this theory as far as I know, so I find it incredibly unlikely. Not only would it be quite sudden for Gou to develop an interest in the World Championship, it would also displease a large majority of viewers who just want to see Satoshi battle. It's not even that I care about the idea of Gou beating Satoshi in the competition, but rather that I'd want to avoid unnecessary debates later on.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He has as much reason to enter as Alain did the Kalos League, none. No reason at all

I'd rather see Ash face characters that are actually cool like Lance, Alder, Steven, Cynthia, the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, Brandon, Paul.... characters who have a reason to be there and aren't as flawed

Spyro39

As everyone has stated, Go's goal is to catch every Pokemon up to Mew which doesn't involve the PWC.

Plus, shoehorning Go into the PWC just to stop Ash from winning would be as bad as shoehorning Alain in the Kalos League (along with every other dream crusher). At least with Alain, he was established as a experience Pokemon Trainer with a powerful Charizard. Go, on the other hand, would just be another Tobias, if you imply he's going to have multiple legendaries (which I find unlikely) at his disposal or Alain with powerful Pokemon but without the experience.

He doesn’t, not yet but the OP2 shows them battling and taking pictures with leon and raihan so it might not be so far fetched

Doesn't show it'll take place in the PWC. Ash and Goh could have a full battle anywhere else in the future.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Go could just battle Ash as training like how most of his past companions did (off the top of my head, I remember Brock, Dawn, Iris, Clemont, and Kiawe). I don't think he'd have any reason to join and it'd just feel forced after how much we've heard them state their goals