• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible edits to Season 12 opening *spoilers*

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
In your opinion, what parts in the new opening, "High Touch!" would be cutted out from the Japanese version to the DUB version? And what parts do you hope to see?

Since the new dub openings are now just 30-35 seconds, and the openings are about 1:30-2 minutes, I'd say frankly most of the selected scenes will be taken out.

I just hope that the scene where the reccuring characters are all seen together will be in the DUB. I just want to see Misty again on at least an opening theme, so I'd love to watch the same part over and over again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderblade12

We probably won't see Team Galactic, Hunter J, Misty/May/Tracey/Garys scene or the scene where the pokemon pair off and appear in duos

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think the "older characters" montage will be kept, there's no reason to get rid of it.

They'll get rid of the scenes where they're running on the map, the part with the bubbles, and maybe the boat scene.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I think the "older characters" montage will be kept, there's no reason to get rid of it.

As much as I think the montage will be kept, keep in mind that the BF opening did cut out the little bit with Delia, Prof. Oak, Tracey, and Misty on cards, so it's not completely assured that the montage will stay.

They'll likely get rid of the map scene, and the scene where the Pokemon show up in pairs, and maybe the Team Rocket scene where they blast off into the air.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
As much as I think the montage will be kept, keep in mind that the BF opening did cut out the little bit with Delia, Prof. Oak, Tracey, and Misty on cards, so it's not completely assured that the montage will stay.

Yeah but I can see why that was cut, it was just their faces on playing cards.

This is a montage of all the series past characters with their full bodies and makes more sense to be there. I'd honestly be surprised if its not shown in the dub, because it also has a sense of nostalgia with every old character there who is not part of DP.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer

They'll likely get rid of the map scene, and the scene where the Pokemon show up in pairs, and maybe the Team Rocket scene where they blast off into the air.

I agree that they will probably take out the map scene and the Team Rocket part, but I have a feeling they will keep the montage of the old characters. There is no reason to take that part out but it basically is the same scenario as it was with the BF opening and first DP opening (season 10) so we will just have to see if they take it out again.

thunderblade12

Theres really no reason to take one scene out over any other really. Its kinda random. What ever the dubbers like will be kept and what they don't will be discarded. There just needs to be a scene showing Ash, Dawn, Brock and Team Rocket and they're all set. More scenes will be cut then what is save though. Twice as much in fact. 1 minute will be cut and 30 seconds will be kept

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
There just needs to be a scene showing Ash, Dawn, Brock and Team Rocket and they're all set.

An opening doesn't have to have Team Rocket in it; Seasons 9 and 10 didn't.

And I'm for the character montage as well, but I'm taking everything into consideration.

Anything that's super-uber cool (not just uber cool) will be kept. Add in some episode clips of lazah fiarin and you're done.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'd like to see the past main characters and the TG bit but it doesn't really matter, it's just an opening.

I can't see the bit where Hikari pushes Satoshi being left in...I'm still not even sure why that's in there in the first place, but Satoshi doesn't seem to mind a bit of rough play...
The bit of the boat I think will be left in, just to showcase all the pokés, and I think also maybe the past recurring characters. J I'm sure will be there.

ZF911

I don't see a reason why we can't go back to long openings. I know it's very unlikely, but we used to have long openings, so it isn't impossible.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I don't see a reason why we can't go back to long openings. I know it's very unlikely, but we used to have long openings, so it isn't impossible.

Yeah i liked the longer openings too. I think the opening grabs your interest on watching the show IMO. Maybe they shortened the openings so that you had more time for the show but it really wouldn't make a huge difference time wise.

ZF911

I mean really, Japan has the long openings and the the clips before/after commercials where Satoshi and friends jump in holding Pokeballs. And they still have plenty of time to air the episodes.

I wish they'd give us the full openings.

Sonic15

May Fanboy
All of the moments that follow the same beat as the song. Like at the begining when it goes "Hey Hey Hey" and their faces appear with the beat. And the whole boring section around the begining (the running, the sailing, the cooking!?)
But I hope the scene with team galactic stays, along with ash's pokemon doing their signature attacks.

dman_dustin

I mean really, Japan has the long openings and the the clips before/after commercials where Satoshi and friends jump in holding Pokeballs. And they still have plenty of time to air the episodes.

I wish they'd give us the full openings.

Except in Japan they have very little commercials at all (during the episode itself, there is only one commercial break), and they have to supplement it with something to pass the time.

However the same thing could be said about Cartoon Network. Except in this case they do have more commercial breaks but do have some time before the next show. And would rather use a "five minute" short. So who knows maybe PUSA's next opening will be slightly longer than before, and everything will still be intact.

Although I am hoping that when a Pokemon evolves, the opening reflects that. Because even now, Ash still has Turtwig, Staravia, Chimchar and Aipom even though in the Dub, Ash traded Aipom for Buizel and caught Gligar (which evolved).