• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible Filler Saga Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon fan 132

Brock's not even a Gym leader anymore and Misty hasn't had a cameo in 7 years. It is unlikely to see any old Gym leaders because the writers would have to track down their VA's for 10 years ago.

I doubt this would be any issue at all.
In multimillion franchise like pokemon producers have more than enough money on their disposal to hire VA back to voice older character in case of coming back.
If writers had no problems in hiring Jasmine voice actor to play her in Sinnoh, as well hiring new Va after Giovanni original VA died in order to revive his character whose role was in BW increased, should tell us how there is no reason why they couldn't do same for others.

If expansion on World tournament happens after league, Misty has chance to return because of marketing purposes, and because this provides plausible way to return character and advance story of becoming water master. Not to mention all that demand for return guaranteeing with itself massive boost in ratings.

World tournament isn't only viable option either because she could return for anything else, still having marketing value because of existence in games.
Same applies to Brock who doesn't have to be leader to comeback and help promote new games.

Its obvious how Nintendo and Gamefreak didn't gave anything new on table for writers to work with aside from World tournament. So either they will be forced to expand on it and reuse older characters, or do anime only arc which still doesn't erase chance for seeing some of familiar faces eventually.

I was right about Brock leaving, about TR coming to their conclusion, about Misty not meeting Dawn, about Trip being a terrible rival from the start...I'll be right about this too.

About Brock and TR, even "broken clock is right twice a day". You were saying how Brock will leave and TR get conclusion ever since end of Johto. Sooner or later you were bound to be right.

As for Trip "being bad rival" that's matter of opinion, not being possible to be right or wrong about this.

Last edited:

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
About the filler saga, and specially about next gen, we have a hint very suspicious.

Masuda, one of the main Pokemon game producers, it's going to appear in Smash in October. I think that's is almost confirmed.

We know that Masuda regularly makes appareances in Smash, but we know that he announces something. And because we know anything about the Gen V games, the only think is Gen VI.

How do you know if this is true? Seeing the summary of the episode where Masuda appear. If for some reaosn, the summary could mention a great surprise, a new adventure, or things like that, is probably a Gen VI pokemon. If these is a Eevolutions, Virgil will evolve Eevee into this. If not, it's going to appear later. This explains why the League is happening in Winter and not later.

But we advise various things:
The thing that will announces Gen VI is unconfirmed. And if this happen, one:
-This isn't automatically means that the new series is starting after the league. But could mean that the filler arc could be very short.
-The interview won't confirmed any new games and their released dates. And I expect at least one year between games anyway.
-This isn't like a Pokemon movie releasing. This could be an anime debut for said reason (in Gen V yet, of course).

Take this with a pinch of salt, but could mean that next months we can confirmed a new generation of Pokemon. Stay alert.

And yet you said that no old characters or pokemon other than Pikachu and Meowth would appear in Unova, yet Koffing, Dawn, and Cynthia all appeared in Unova. Someone's getting a little big headed don't you think?

those only appeared after black 2 and white 2 came out..to promote those games

lucario750

pokemon master
Next saga hmm?well,I'm also not expecting gen 6 now. Instead,my vote would go to johto-sinnoh battle frontier and add some world tourneys and mini tournaments to it.
So full main cast will have some aim to go there.
1.ash-to beat all frontier brains(i wish writers would add some more frontier brains to make that figure 7-8.reserves getting evolutions,new moves and more battles.)
2.iris- desire of battling famous dragon trainer Lance.also clair at some point.(i wont mind if she enters johto league as well)
3.cilan-entering johto contests(and eventually winning may be.)
4.lastly,all of us know that dawn has done with sinnoh and hoenn ribbon competitions.so what if she's there with ash and company(or as a recurring character being cilan's rival.)

you forgot about drake from hoen

an I wouldnt mine if this happen

Dreamscape

About the filler saga, and specially about next gen, we have a hint very suspicious.

Masuda, one of the main Pokemon game producers, it's going to appear in Smash in October. I think that's is almost confirmed.

We know that Masuda regularly makes appareances in Smash, but we know that he announces something. And because we know anything about the Gen V games, the only think is Gen VI.

How do you know if this is true? Seeing the summary of the episode where Masuda appear. If for some reaosn, the summary could mention a great surprise, a new adventure, or things like that, is probably a Gen VI pokemon. If these is a Eevolutions, Virgil will evolve Eevee into this. If not, it's going to appear later. This explains why the League is happening in Winter and not later.

But we advise various things:
The thing that will announces Gen VI is unconfirmed. And if this happen, one:
-This isn't automatically means that the new series is starting after the league. But could mean that the filler arc could be very short.
-The interview won't confirmed any new games and their released dates. And I expect at least one year between games anyway.
-This isn't like a Pokemon movie releasing. This could be an anime debut for said reason (in Gen V yet, of course).

Take this with a pinch of salt, but could mean that next months we can confirmed a new generation of Pokemon. Stay alert.

Completely agree with this.

There's a possibilty to get 6. generation announced by Masuda in October.

Everytime when Masuda had appeared on Smash, he made some special announcements.

So i really hope it's 6. generation annoucement this time.

Two days before BW2 were annouced, Masuda posted on his blog that there will be a big annoucement in Smash.

I'm sure he will give us some evidene again, if there's a big suprise.

So now we have to wait.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
those only appeared after black 2 and white 2 came out..to promote those games

And? Cyber still claimed no old characters would appear in Unova. The gang are still in Unova and yet old characters have appeared.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And? Cyber still claimed no old characters would appear in Unova. The gang are still in Unova and yet old characters have appeared.

Technically as Unova was going on no old characters did appear outside of Giovanni/TR. Looker I guess if you count him.

We're in Eastern Unova now...its basically like the Unova version of the Orange Islands.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Technically as Unova was going on no old characters did appear outside of Giovanni/TR. Looker I guess if you count him.

We're in Eastern Unova now...its basically like the Unova version of the Orange Islands.

And yet Eastern Unova is still Unova, same region, hence the name Eastern Unova.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And yet Eastern Unova is still Unova, same region, hence the name Eastern Unova.

The writers are still counting it as something new, remember the last episode of BW had, "Next Time, a new Beginning" at the end of it, which was usually only shown in the last Johto, AG, and DP episodes...signaling a brand new saga was starting.

I think its also rather obvious had the fresh start not had happened, Dawn's cameo probably would have happened a bit earlier, like around the Elesa episodes which is where her return probably would have fit better.

LizardonX

Banned
Completely agree with this.

There's a possibilty to get 6. generation announced by Masuda in October.

Everytime when Masuda had appeared on Smash, he made some special announcements.

So i really hope it's 6. generation annoucement this time.

Two days before BW2 were annouced, Masuda posted on his blog that there will be a big annoucement in Smash.

I'm sure he will give us some evidene again, if there's a big suprise.

So now we have to wait.

Or hoenn remakes.

Come to think of it I want to see dawn in hoenn contests where appeals are far less important than battling. After all her strength does lie in the battle rounds.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I need to look more carefully to the news archives though.

And I did, here it is:

Ruby/Sapphire:
First information about the Pokémon: First batch of Gen III Pokémon were revealed in early March 2001. You can see the news here.
First information about the games: First screenshots came out in March 2002

Firered and Leafgreen:
First information: September 2003 Very first rumors came out in 5th.

Emerald:
First information: June 2004, magazine cover. Actual info came out in the next month's Corocoro.

Diamond/Pearl:
First information about the Pokémon: Munchlax was revealed in May 2004.
First information about the games: Names came out in October 2004. First screenshots came out in May 2006

Platinum:
First information about the Pokémon: Origin Forme Giratina was revealed in February 2008.
First information about the games: Came out in May 2008.

Heartgold/Soulsilver:
First Information:
May 2009

Black/White:
First information about the Pokémon: February 2010
First information about the games: April 2010

Black 2/White 2:
First information:
February 2012

Edit: Also reposting the release dates from here:
For Japan:

Red/Green: February 27, 1996
Blue: October 10, 1996
Yellow: September 12, 1998

Gold/Silver: November 21, 1999
Crystal: December 14, 2000

Ruby/Sapphire: November 21, 2002
Firered/Leafgreen: January 29, 2004
Emerald: September 16, 2004

Diamond/Pearl: September 28, 2006
Platinum: September 13, 2008
Heartgold/Soulsilver: September 12, 2009

Black/White: September 18, 2010
Black 2/White 2: June 23, 2012

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's obvious there won't be Hoenn remakes next year as the next games will be on the 3DS...they won't start the first new Pokemon games on 3DS as a remake.

Haunter ゴースト

I was right about Brock leaving, about TR coming to their conclusion, about Misty not meeting Dawn, about Trip being a terrible rival from the start...I'll be right about this too.

Hahahah! I'm actually laughing. This is too funny.

Nothing has confirmed at all that TR have come to their conclusion, Dawn was told about Misty (which is a reference) which you always seem to disregard, and Trip being terrible is completely your own opinion.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Nothing has confirmed at all that TR have come to their conclusion, Dawn was told about Misty (which is a reference) which you always seem to disregard, and Trip being terrible is completely your own opinion.

Most likely this is TR's final saga, even if it doesn't happen in the next 2 episodes. And Dawn never met Misty, and probably never will at this point, given Misty hasn't had a cameo in 7 years and Dawn's now gone again too.

Haunter ゴースト

Most likely this is TR's final saga,

Okay, as long as you're not flat out stating it is the finale for them like you did in your previous quote.

And Dawn never met Misty, and probably never will at this point, given Misty hasn't had a cameo in 7 years and Dawn's now gone again too.

No she didn't, but you always disregard that Ash told Dawn about her, and showed her his fishing lure of Misty. Ontop of that, a possible character reunion finale is never impossible.

Hopefully Ash goes back to being the main character in the filler saga. From what I've seen of The Adventures Of Iris And Dragonite, I don't like it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No she didn't, but you always disregard that Ash told Dawn about her, and showed her his fishing lure of Misty. Ontop of that, a possible character reunion finale is never impossible.

Why does that matter? That was more aimed to the audience rather than Dawn herself. It was the way of the writers bringing up Misty for little kids who just started watching with DP (or maybe late AG), and never saw any episodes with Misty in them.

Obviously it wasn't brought up to Dawn for any reason, because she never actually meets Misty and at this point very likely never will.

Haunter ゴースト

Why does that matter? That was more aimed to the audience rather than Dawn herself. It was the way of the writers bringing up Misty for little kids who just started watching with DP (or maybe late AG), and never saw any episodes with Misty in them.

Obviously it wasn't brought up to Dawn for any reason, because she never actually meets Misty and at this point very likely never will.

If you stop trying to break the fourth wall, you'll realise that in this childrens TV show, the plot of the episode actually had Ash inform Dawn of Misty and who she was. Not towards the audience, even if it was a nice reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.