• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible game mechanic/item for Gen 8 or future Pokemon game.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
So totem Pokemon were an extremely cool addition to the SM games and I was kinds of dissapointed that only totem Pokemonwere able to use the aura mechanic which could have made the meta a little more interesting, so I was wondering could it be turned into an mechanic or something similar to it? I posted this to reddit, but I also wanted to know what the Serebii community thought of this idea so let me explain how it might work.

So maybe we could make it an item that gives the the user boosted stats when in battle, and works similar to mega evolution but for every Pokemon.

Item name - AURA BOOSTER

Lore - This mysterious item was developed by the geniuns scietist under Team Rocket as means to further push their creation "Mewtwo" beyonds it limits of its power. The tech is based on the mysterious power that Alolan Totem Pokemon possess allowing them to gain more power and the phenomenon of mega evolution. But for some reason this technology didn't work on Mewtwo and thus was sealed away as a failed experiment (the tech's failure led to the TR using regular mega evolution for Mewtwo), after the organization was disbanded this tech along with other Team Rocket inventions were taken into custody of the International Police where it was given to a research facility.

Item Description - A mysterious bracelet that powers up the stats of a Pokemon based on their average base stats, for some odd reason it sometimes won't work on other specific Pokemon

It would work like this...

Everytime the Pokemon enters battle it will get these boosts to all its stats.

It will take up the item slot.

The Pokemon must be fully evolved to have this boost occur.

Must have a average base stat total of under 100,( won't effect UBs, mythicals or legendaries, special pokemon).

Boost occur similar to how stat boost moves work.

Every time Pokemon enters battle it will get and aura saying its stats increased.

How powerful the boost depends on the Pokemon's average BST.

Each -10 points in its average the Pokemon gets it stats boosted by x1.2 and additional 0.1 for each -10 point.

90 - x1.3

80 - x1.4

70 - x1.5

60 - x1.6

50 - x1.8

40 - x1.9

(feel free to correct me if these boost multipliers are too high/low)

I'll use some weak and under used Pokemon as examples

MIghtyena - AVG BST - 70

STAT Before -> After

HP 70 -> 105

ATTK 90 -> 135

DEF 70 -> 105

SP.ATTK 60 -> 90

SP.DEF 60 -> 90

SPD 70 -> 105

Zangoose - AVG BST - 80

STAT Before -> After

HP 73 -> 102

ATTK 115 -> 161

DEF 60 -> 90

SP.ATTK 60 -> 90

SP.DEF 60 -> 90

SPD 90 -> 135

Archeops - AVG BST - 90

STAT Before ->After

HP 75 -> 97

ATTK 140 -> 182

DEF 65 -> 84

SP.ATTK 112 -> 145

SP.DEF 65 -> 84

SPD 110 -> 143

This is where i questioned whether item would be too OP but in the case of Archeops I feel thats it Defeatist ability would be really helpfull here since halves its attack and special attack if HP is below half.

Also to make sure I think the items should have a few checks to make it more balanced...

Like making the Pokemon that are equpied with this item get super effective damage from typing X or completely remove their immunities and resistance when they use the item.

Or make the item inert in specific situations like the Pokemon being asleep, in a terrain, in a weather condition etc.

So what do you think? I thinks a good alternative to mega evolution since it would give weaker Pokemon more stats giving them a chance to shine without changing them much and not pressuring GF to make more megas as we have seen most megas aren't that good compared to some.

Last edited: