• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible Move Tutor Moves..

Bell56

The One and Only
Well we already saw Ash teach Turtwig Energy Ball and Staravia Brave Bird, so I don't think we will see either of them taught another move (they could still learn one naturally). It would be nice to see Ash teach each of his Pokemon an attack this saga.

Pikachu - Signal Beam, it needs another non electric/normal attack and I can't really see him using Grass Knot (where would he get the grass from?)

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape - Blast Burn if it makes it to Infernape, Vacuum wave if not. I would like to see him with both moves though.

Buizel/Floatzel - Aqua Tail if it evolves, Ice Punch if not.

Gliscor - Earth Power

neptune_84

It's go time!
if they did an episode were they gang get to teach an unusual move to there pokemon i think we should see.

ash's buizel with ice punch

dawn's mamoswine with superpower

brock's croagunk with gunk shot!

james's carnivine with seed bomb.

jessie's yanmega with signal beam.

but i have also been thinking and i think next time we see cynthia it would be cool is she had some move tutor moves on her pokemon.

animulzrule974

I'd like to see Chimchar learn Fire punch or thunderpunch and Grotle learn Earth Power.

That's interesting, I never would have thought for Chimchar to get a move like ThunderPunch, it would be a nice variation from the "Flame Wheel/Flamethrower" type attacks.

shac

I dont think Ash is too willing to let its best buddy share spot-light in terms of attacks. while t-punch will be a great move for chimmy, I am not very sure of it since pika is always there to show off the electric attacks and the writers so far have refrained themselves from giving Ash's other pokemon any electric-attacks.

JD

Pikachu-Charge Beam
Buizle-Ice Punch
Chimchar-Heat Wave
Staravia-sky Attsck

Well nice thread. As Ash team is learning new moves this region (chimmy with dig and gliscor with fire fang which dont belong to their types) so I wud like to see Buizel with pursuit or razor wind. Grotle with crunch. Pika with feint. But as staravia reign is over so no new moves for it ( well if candice uses her platinum team then there cud be a chance for it against medicham).

neo_senku

Pikachu- Dont really see it gettin anything, as of late they've been trying to keep so pokemon only know four moves. and its current move set works for the way it fights, high speed and high power.

Staravia- heatwave and when it evolves to get close combat

Buizel- ice punch if ,it evolves and they decide to make it so ice fang is actually a bite and not a forked ice beam, then it could get that then, id like to see him close in with aqua jet then chomp down.

chimchar - blastburn when it becomes infernape, and thunderpunch too

Grotle - earthpower

Gliscor- aerial ace, or some ground move.

gigabowser20

pikachu-I want it to learn surf sometime.
staravia/staraptor-if it evolves then close combat
grotle-leaf storm and/or crunch
chimchar-I can only see it learning fire blast
buizel/floatzel-if he evolves, then aqua tail, and in the filler waterfall (even if he doesnt evolve)
gliscor-earth power. I want it to learn night slash,too

thunderblade12

Pikachu:
Protect(Same as Electabuzz's)

Grotle:
Leaf storm(Same as Torterra's)
Earth power(Grotle stands on its hind legs and slams down to the ground causing a fissure of light to sweep forward)
Solar beam(No wai!)

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape:
Mach punch(hand glows and the user punches quickly)
Flare blitz(A flaming volt tackle)
Focus blash(Same as Ursaring)
Blast burn(A fire ball forms in Infernape's hands and is launced at an extremely fast speed)

Staravia/Staraptor:
Close combat(Same as Jun's Staraptors')

Buizel:
Ice beam(For self ice-aqua jet forming)

Gliscor:
Night Slash(Slashes and lets off a black light)
Poison jab

Piplup:
Drill peck(Body spins as Piplup spirals towards the opponet)

Pachirisu:
Iron tail

Buneary:
Sky uppercut
Shadow ball

Ambipom:
Giga impact

Mamoswine:
Earthquake
Blizzard

Bardische

Elegance.
Ash:

Pikachu: Grass Knot, Magnet Rise or Signal Beam
Gliscor: Earth Power, Aqua Tail(?), Earthquake(It's so overused in the games but seldom-used in the anime!)
Buizel: Ice Punch, Aqua Tail, Razor Wind
Staravia: Endeavor, Heat Wave(It would be so awesome! Blaziken eat your heart out!)
Grotle: Seed Bomb, Leaf Storm, Earth Power
Chimchar: Vacuum Wave, Fire Punch, Slack Off, Helping Hand(I've never seen it yet, so what the heck?)

Dawn:

Piplup: Dive(It could be used in conjunction with its Whirlpool; it jumps in the Whirlpool, uses Dive, then the opposing Pokemon will break the Whirlpool, then Piplup will suddenly appear heading towards it!), Snore(Typical...)

Buneary/Lopunny: Thunder, Fire and Ice Punch, Last Resort, Healing Wish(Every episode will always be "punny" when it uses it, because it all be like "OMG I'm fainting! Pikachu, i sacrificed myself for you!!! And does all dramatic poses before it faints :p)

Pachirisu: Grass Knot, Magnet Rise, Thunder Punch, Gunk Shot(LOL)

Ambipom: Nasty Plot, Baton Pass, Last Resort

Mamoswine: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Superpower

Brock:

Croagunk: Bullet Punch, Dynamic Punch
Happiny: Zen Headbutt, Rollout
Sudowoodo: Selfdestruct.

thunderblade12

Many of May's pokemon learned new attacks. Skitty learned blizzard, Combusken about 3 attacks not including the attacks it gained through evolvcing twice(sky uppercut, mega kick, overheat), Beautifly learned morning sun, psychic and aerial ace, Squirtle learned ice beam I think and appearently aqua tail, Munchlax learned solar beam, and Eevee learned plenty of new attacks upon evolving into Glaceon. The only one who didn'tr learn a new attack was Bulbasaur

But Dawn's pokemon haven't really learned a thing. Piplup learned whirlpool. Piloswine learned ancient power and Aipom learned double hit. Buneary and Pachirisu have been around a long time and haven't learned anything. Piplup's bubblebeam and whirlpool is starting to be overused and annoying, it needs to learn something new ASAP. It might get a bunch of new attacks in the Battle Frontier like Combusken did though. Ambipom's movepool is just boring, basically she just shoots stars and hits pokemon with her tail. Pachiridu really only does discharge and Mamoswine..well..his moveset seems pretty good. Ice shard and ancient power are too similar looking though, it needs some other special attack.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Infernape should definitely learn Blast Burn, then we'd have Jun's Empoleon with Hydro Cannon and Paul's Torterra with Frenzy Plant. Quite a cute little combination.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Pikachu: Magnet Rise/Signal Beam
Grotle: Seed Bomb
Monferno/Infernape: Gunk Shot
Buizel: Aqua Tail/Ice Punch
Staravia/aptor: Air Cutter/Ominous Wind/Heat Wave
Gliscor: Earth Power/Aqua Tail/Earthquake

Piplup: Signal Beam
Buneary: Endeavor
Pachirisu: Magnet Rise/Thunderbolt
Ambipom: Gunk Shot
Mamoswine: Earth Power

Sudowoodo: Fire/Ice/ThunderPunch
Croagunk: Gunk Shot
Happiny: Zen Headbutt

Meowth: Iron Tail and Thunderbolt (they could base an episode off of Pikachu teaching him these moves)

Yanmega: Signal Beam
Seviper: Aqua Tail
Wobbuffet: Encore (Hey, if Ash's Pikachu learned Volt Tackle....)

Carnivine: Seed Bomb/Gastro Acid/Synthesis
Mime Jr.: Helping Hand/Uproar

And Earthquake is NOT out of the question for Gliscor. May I remind everybody that Ash's Donphan also knows the move? Heck, Donphan, Kingler, Snorlax, and Tauros all know Hyper Beam!

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Pikachu-Signal Beam/Magnet Rise/Feint
Staravia/raptor-Close Combat/Heat Wave/Omnious Wind
Monferno-Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave/Flare Blitz ... Infernape-Close Combat/Blast Burn/Thunder Punch
Grotle-Seed Bomb
Gliscor-Earth Power/Aqua Tail/Night Slash
Buizel-Ice Fang[when using Aqua Jet freezes the water & gets Ice Aqua Jet]

Piplup-Aerial Ace/Drill Peck/Grass Knot/Signal Beam
Buneary/Lopunny-Focus Blast/Fire Punch
Mamoswine-Earthquake/Earth Power/Stone Edge/Avalanche/Superpower
Ambipom-Nasty Plot/Gunk Shot
Pachirisu-Super Fang/Charge Beam

thunderblade12

Ash

Pikachu: Protect. Like Paul's Electabuzz
Monferno: Mach punch, flare blitz Infernape: Blast burn focus blast, poison jab, blaze kick
Grotle: Leaf storm, Sunny day and solar beam
Buizel: Ice beam
Staraptor: Close combat, roost
Gliscor: thunder fang, ice fang, night slash, earth power, cross poison

Dawn:
Piplup: Drill peck, brine, icy wind
Buneary: Shadow ball, sky uppercut
Pachirisu: