• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible Move Tutor Moves..

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
I think: -
Pikachu; Discharge, Light Screen and Feint.
Staraptor; Close Combat and Roost.
Grotle; Leaf Storm and Crunch.
Monferno; Mach Punch, Close Combat and Brick Break.
Buizel; Ice Fang, Ice Punch and Aqua Tail.
Gliscor; Cross Poison, Aqua Tail, Night Slash and Quick Attack.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
This is totally a stolen idea but

Crasher Wake returns for an episode/arc (Stark Mountain?)
Floatzel teaches Ash's buizel Ice Fang

gigabowser20

pikachu-surf, but not till the filler at the earliest.
staravia/staraptor-close combat, and hyper beam
grotle-leaf storm,crunch,and maybe synthesis
chimchar-fire blast
buizel/floatzel-aqua tail,waterfall in the filler
gliscor-earth power,night slash

Gazdust

It would be nice that all Ash's Pokémon learn moves that are different type it would be nice and fresh also it would be a nice element of suprise for the opponent.

Pikachu: Signal Beam
Grotle: Crunch or Superpower
Staravia: Heat Wave
Buizel: Ice Punch
Chimchar: Aerial Ace or Shadow Claw
Gliscor: Earth Power (since it doesn't have a ground move) and Cross Poison or Night Slash

Also would be nice for James Carnivine to have something else than Bullet Seed like maybe Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb and Crunch or Wring Out.

thunderblade12

Pikachu has both thunder and thunderbolt correct?

They look identical. They should replace thunderbolt with discharge or charge beam.

In that episode where Ash battled Show and it was mentioned that Pikachu couldn't learn hyper beam unless it evolved, I thought the writers were going pull a "Pikachu can do anything" thing and have him learn it anyway. They had him learn volt tackle even though it can only learn it as a Pichu. The best bet for Pikachu is probably charge beam though, oit would look like an electric hyper beam IMO. Pikachu shooting a stream of electricity from its mouth would probably be too similar to Zatch from Zatch Bell though.

Pikachu might also learn protect from Paul's Electivire. It doesn't have any defensive moves. Ash might teach it feint to get around Electivires's protect in the league; there is an overuse of protect in DP so it wouldn't be learnt just for that one battle.

Last edited:

Turtle Master

May's lover!
Why on earth does Buizel not know Ice Punch yet!!!!!!!!????

Nearly every episode since his capture has shown Buizel punching to train.

And I've knew that Pikachu would learn Faint ever since Elekid protected. Yes, I relize it's good for one whole battle.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Pikachu learning Feint would be a wise path to go, especially since the poor little mouse is forever running face first into them green glowing shields of annoyance, especially the ones generated by Pauls Electabuzz line. However I think Feint needs to look more distinctive than it did with Pauls Conway, which just looked like Megahorn. Maybe it could glow dark or light Purple?

Buizel with Ice Punch would be cool, I can also see it learning Bulk Up is it becomes a Floatzel.

Staravia should learn Close Combat, however I can't picture Heat Wave, A heated wave of steamy wind being generated by the mindless flapping of soft feathery wings just spells a crisp end for our beloved Muku.

Grotle with Seed Bomb or Leaf storm looks cool. I would also like Sceptile to return at one stage with Energy Ball.

animulzrule974

pikachu-surf, but not till the filler at the earliest.
staravia/staraptor-close combat, and hyper beam
grotle-leaf storm,crunch,and maybe synthesis
chimchar-fire blast
buizel/floatzel-aqua tail,waterfall in the filler
gliscor-earth power,night slash

Grotle already knows Synthesis, it just hasn't used it in ages =/

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Pikachu learning Feint would be a wise path to go, especially since the poor little mouse is forever running face first into them green glowing shields of annoyance, especially the ones generated by Pauls Electabuzz line. However I think Feint needs to look more distinctive than it did with Pauls Conway, which just looked like Megahorn. Maybe it could glow dark or light Purple?

Buizel with Ice Punch would be cool, I can also see it learning Bulk Up is it becomes a Floatzel.

Staravia should learn Close Combat, however I can't picture Heat Wave, A heated wave of steamy wind being generated by the mindless flapping of soft feathery wings just spells a crisp end for our beloved Muku.

Grotle with Seed Bomb or Leaf storm looks cool. I would also like Sceptile to return at one stage with Energy Ball.

When did Paul capture a Conway?

I agree, Heat Wave for Staraptor would be a terrible idea, but i think Twister would be really cool. I believe it would be the only Pokemon other than Charizard to know a Dragon move?

As for Pikachu with Feint, he would probably just glow white while jumping at its target.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Twister on Staraptor would be great, and you're right. He'd be the only one of Ash's Pokémon besides Charizard.

thunderblade12

[spoil]

Pikachu:
Protect: Taught to Pikachu before the league along with feint to handle Electivire
Feint: A tackle while Pikachu's body is surrounded by 'protect's' aura

Monferno:
Mach punch: Learned upon evolving. Fist glows and he punches rapidly
Flare blitz: A fiery version of volt tackle

Infernape:
Blast burn: A fiery aura surrounds Infernape and manafests into a fireball between his two hands(fiery aura sphere)
Blaze kick: A fiery kick
Close combat: Like Riley's Lucario

Grotle:
Solarbeam: Turning Grotle into a defensive sunnybeamer. A powerhouse move that Paul's Torterra doesn't know
Sunny day: Bushes grow and send a light into the sky that makes it sunny

Staraptor:
Air cutter: Wings glow and release one boomerage-like air blade each

Buizel:
Ice beam: For quick ice-aqua jet forming

Gliscor:
Poison jab: Claws glow purple and Gliscor punches the victim
Earth power: Gliscor slams ground causing the ground to erupt under the opponets feet

Bulbasaur:
Seed bomb: A leech seed that explodes after attacking to the opponet rather than sucking their health.

Charizard:
Flare blitz: Fiery volt tackle

Squirtle:
Gyro ball: Squirtle spins quickly towards opponet with steel energy surrounding its shell. Like Bronzor's

Muk:
Gunk shot: Waves arm to loosen a part of its sludgy body and toss it at the body.(it attaches to them)

Kingler:
Brine: A water ball forms in its pincers. Kingler slams it to the ground and creates a wave that crashes toward the opponet
X-scissor: Same as Gliscor's

Tauros:
Zen headbutt: Remember Rampardos'?
Giga impact: Remember Spiritomb's?

Snorlax:
Shadow ball: Need I explain? None of Ash's pokemon has it shockingly

Bayleef:
Leaf storm: Remember Torterra's?

Cyndaquil:
Flame wheel: Like Chimchar's
Eruption: Body is surrounded by a fiery aura. Uses a huge amount of energy to 'erupt' its energy. The heated aura spreads from the users body and expands across the entire battle feild. User is tired afterwards

Totodile:
Aqua tail: Watery tail slam
Ice fang: Both a physical and special attack. User can either bite or use it like Wake's Floatzel

Feraligatr:
Hydro cannon: Like Empoleon's

Noctowl:
Hypnosis: Yep
Dream eater: Like Agatha's Gengar

Heracross:
Focus blast: Like Paul's Ursaring

Donphan:
Stone edge: Like Cynthia's Gastrodon

Swellow:
Roost: Swellow lands and rests for a short amount of time, it leaves itself vulnerable to attacks while resting but regains health which works great with Swellow's high stamina

Sceptile:
Frenzy plant: Same as Torterra's

Torkoal:
Lava plume: Seen in the anime before

Corphish:
Water pulse: Like Buizel's
Night slash: Black slash

Glalie:
Ice shard: Like Mamoswine's

[/spoil]

thunderblade12

Dawn's Turn:

Piplup:
Brine: Like Buizel's water pulse but it is used on the ground to create a huge wave
Hydro pump: A normal hydro pump
Drill peck: Body spins as Piplup lunges towards its opponent with its beak

Buneary:
Drain punch: Same as Cacnea's except performed with the ears

Pachirisu:
Last resort: Only usable when nothing else Pachirisu has tried has had any effect on the opponet. Uses up a lot of energy. An aura surrounds Pachirisu while it does a high speed tackle

Ambipom:
Shadow ball

Mamoswine:
Blizzard
Giga impact

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Let's see from my last post on this topic, how has my opinion changed...

Pikachu - I still like Feint.
Staravia - Something not Flying/Normal...Ominous Wind/Heat Wave/Twister
Grotle - Seed Bomb, Leaf Storm (seems like a natural upgrade) or Earth Power
Chimchar - when it evolves, pull out some Fighting moves...Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave or even Shadow Claw/Fury Swipes/U-Turn
Buizel - Ice Punch or Razor Wind
Gliscor - hmm...to go with Fire Fang, how about Cross Poison and if it must learn a Dark attack how about Dark Pulse

Last edited:

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Come to think of it...the best move for Pikachu would be Grass Knot...it would kill big things easily

for Grotle Seed Bomb is a good choice cuz it doesn't have to move to attack & Superpower cuz it's awesome

& Gliscor should learn Aqua Tail to beat Paul's Gliscor:)

Come to think of it...the best move for Pikachu would be Grass Knot...it would kill big things easily
And it would spare us all from a repeat of the fabled "PIKACHU THE HORN!!!" manoeuvre back in the Cinnabar Island gym match eppie.

And I'd rather like to see Ash's Gliscor with Night Slash. Can't think of any others I want to see...