• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible Move Tutor Moves..

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
There have been two pokemon in D/P that have gotten move tutor moves(basically that is what I remember hearing about). Staravia got Brave Bird and Turtwig(at the time)got Energy ball.

So, what moves do you think the Pokemon on the main cast will get?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Infernape...Blast Burn

Buizel...I could actually see it with Ice Punch.

Gliscor...Possibly Earth Power?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Brave Bird is a Level Up move, and Energy Ball is a TM. Although there were people who taught them to the Pokemon, they weren't "Move Tutors" per se. Same thing with Swellow and Aerial Ace in the Hoenn League.

It would be nice to see Move Tutor moves though.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Aquadon, you know what i meant lol

They were "Taught" the moves, and the moves were givena bit of a spotlight, however small. Your pretty close to 1000 posts huh?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
If Ash gets Infernape, Blast Burn definately to match Jun's Empoleon and Paul's Torterra.

Move Tutor moves...by simply ones the Pokemon can only learn by Move Tutors in the game, for each of Ash's Team...

Pikachu: Magnet Rise...be a very neat move to increase his variety.
Staravia: Endeavor. Definately.
Buizel: Ice Punch...because...uh...Buizel needs a punching move.
Gliscor: Fury Cutter.
Grotle: Seed Bomb...seems something he'd learn

.Wind.

Banned
I think...

Pikachu and Magnet Rise so the writers can add super effective to Pikachu's Thunder Bolt

Gliscor and Aqua Tail so it can copy off of Buizel and the writers will start to like it

Buizel and Ice Punch so it can create an Icy Aqua Jet punch that will be cool and over
used.

Staravia and Air Cutter so it can become a Flying type beam and become overused

Grotle and Seed Bomb just so it can learn something

Chimchar/Monferno with Vacuum Wave so it can be used in a combo that is better then Ice Aqua Jet

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Aquadon, you know what i meant lol

They were "Taught" the moves, and the moves were givena bit of a spotlight, however small. Your pretty close to 1000 posts huh?

Yeah, pretty pumped.

On Topic: Buizel could use some way to make the Ice Aqua Jet on his own; maybe use Icy Wind to freeze the Water? Also, Gliscor needs a Ground move; maybe Earth Power is in order here (as we know there's 0 chance of EQ)

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Well, ash isnt suppose to get useful TM moves as far as i can tell, so EQ is out of the question as you said. I think Starapor/avia(whenever/whichever) will get taught Mirror Move by one of the other 9000+ Raptors out there...

Araleon

Chill
Pikachu - I don't know. Maybe Feint. Can't really see it flying(magnet rise)

Staravia/tor - Ominous Wind/Twister. Maybe. I can't really see him getting any of them. OW would be nice to see to combat those Ghost types, Twister for a dragon move outside of Charizard.

Grotle - Seed Bomb. Stationary move that differentiates him from Paul's Torterra. This would be nice.

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape - Blast Burn. To combat Paul's Frenzy Plant and Jun's Hydro Cannon.

Buizel - Ice Punch

Gliscor - I'd like to see Earth Power or Aqua Tail.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Pikachu - I don't know. Maybe Feint. Can't really see it flying(magnet rise)

Staravia/tor - Ominous Wind/Twister. Maybe. I can't really see him getting any of them. OW would be nice to see to combat those Ghost types, Twister for a dragon move outside of Charizard.

Grotle - Seed Bomb. Stationary move that differentiates him from Paul's Torterra. This would be nice.

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape - Blast Burn. To combat Paul's Frenzy Plant and Jun's Hydro Cannon.

Buizel - Ice Punch

Yup, thats pretty much the same as me. Although, i wouldnt have said Ominous Wind for Staraptor or Aqua Tail for Gliscor.

Araleon

Chill
Well, I couldn't think of it using any of the others except HEat Wave, but I'd rather Honchkrow get that.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Pikachu - I don't know. Maybe Feint.

Staravia/tor - Ominous Wind/Twister

Grotle - Seed Bomb.

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape - Blast Burn.

Buizel - Ice Punch

I've been saying Feint for Pikachu for a long time now. With it Pikachu could finally beat an Electabuzz-line.

I like Ominous Wind for Muku.POWA; however if they were going to do it, I think we would have seen it battle Fantina. I'd like to see it get Heat Wave though. Then it could get some time in the next two gyms.

I wanted Turtwig/Grotle to have Seed Bomb over Energy Ball personally, so yes please.

I'd like to see Monferno get a couple Fighting moves when it evolves; and then Blast Burn when it evolves to Infernape.

Buizel and Ice Punch make sense.

Gliscor could learn anything, and I'd be happy!

Isis-sama

I would like to see Buizel get Aqua Tail if it evolves.

The only problem for that is for that to happen, it'd have to be a Floatzel since the people working on Platinum refused to let Buizel learn the move despite the fact it has two tails, which means there'd be a Floatzel on the main team *shudders* Having to see Buizel every week is bad enough, thank you.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Pikachu has such a diverse movepool in the games but in the anime it's really shitty

I want it to learn Grass Knot or Surf or Magnet Rize^^

Last edited: