• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible New Signature Z-Moves Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Lycanroc just got its own Z-Move. It is called Radial Edge Storm and it works off of Stone Edge. It is Rock-type and can destroy terrains. Any of Lycanroc's three forms can use it.

Because of this Lycanroc might see a surge in popularity for competitive battles as a check against the Tapus

Aetius

Lycanroc's peculiar Z-move looks sick, but I wonder if it will find some use against the Tapu.
Removing the fields sure is a nice secondary effect, however that doesn't mean anything if Lycanroc is one-shotted by them before using it.
And let's not mention the fact that the Tapu could protect themsleves and switch in with another Pokèmon, so that they can be sent on the field once again later...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Because of this Lycanroc might see a surge in popularity for competitive battles as a check against the Tapus

It might, but then again, the play is kind of easy to read. You set up your terrain. He sends out his Lycanroc.. Oh boy, what will he do next? He can't risk going for a Stealth Rock, since Lycanroc as we know it can't take any hits from any of the Tapu's most common attacks, so the moment you see a Lycanroc switch in on your terrain, just switch out - so you can set your terrain again when Lycanroc has used up its Z-move.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
It might, but then again, the play is kind of easy to read. You set up your terrain. He sends out his Lycanroc.. Oh boy, what will he do next? He can't risk going for a Stealth Rock, since Lycanroc as we know it can't take any hits from any of the Tapu's most common attacks, so the moment you see a Lycanroc switch in on your terrain, just switch out - so you can set your terrain again when Lycanroc has used up its Z-move.

I'm not saying it's a great play but it does have situations where it would work. But I could see an initial spike in popularity because of the new z-move.

Sulfurian

Yes but you are potentially sacrificing or burning a sash to keep your terrain up and unless your whole team is centered around it I don't think it's worth that risk.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Yes but you are potentially sacrificing or burning a sash to keep your terrain up and unless your whole team is centered around it I don't think it's worth that risk.

In 3 v 3 I see Lycanroc's move being an issue, but in 6 v 6 I would hope the opponent could switch in something safely to take the hit without having to burn a sash. Alternatively, the tapu can just OHKO Lycanroc after it gets its terrain removal off, then switch out next turn with a u-turn (koko) or manually into something else, setting up terrain again later.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

You don't even need to switch out honestly. Koko and Lele can easily one shot Lycanroc in their terrain and they outspeed. For Bulu and Fini you'd probably switch out into something like Ferrothorn that would be able to tank the hit. Unless Lycanroc's Z-Move completely disables further terrain set-up afterwards, Lycanroc will remain in the depths of PU in Smogon play.

knightwolf09

You don't even need to switch out honestly. Koko and Lele can easily one shot Lycanroc in their terrain and they outspeed. For Bulu and Fini you'd probably switch out into something like Ferrothorn that would be able to tank the hit. Unless Lycanroc's Z-Move completely disables further terrain set-up afterwards, Lycanroc will remain in the depths of PU in Smogon play.

I think only Koko outspeeds Lycanroc, Midday can outspeed all the Tapus except Koko. As for the z-move, we can only hope GF thought through hard enough to make the effect stop Terrain set up the whole battle.

ShadowForce720

I think only Koko outspeeds Lycanroc, Midday can outspeed all the Tapus except Koko. As for the z-move, we can only hope GF thought through hard enough to make the effect stop Terrain set up the whole battle.

Even then I think Midday even outspeeds Tapu Koko if a Sandstorm is up and the Midday Lycanroc has the ability Sand Rush.

Sulfurian

I'm pretty sure midnight might raise if you combine rock polish with z move. Something that hits so hard can't really remain in PU with proper set up.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm pretty sure midnight might raise if you combine rock polish with z move. Something that hits so hard can't really remain in PU with proper set up.

Z-moves can only be used once however, which limits Midnight's power. With a rock polish it may be fast but it is still frail and will only be able to hit extra hard one time.

ShadowForce720

You know one past gen pokemon I could see potentially getting a Signature Z-move in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is Celebi, I say this because if you look back in Pokémon Sun and Moon Mew wound up getting an signature Z-move and the virtual console releases of Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow wound up being compatible with Sun and Moon where you could transfer Pokémon from those games to Sun and Moon through the use of Poke Bank, now we have Gold and Silver coming out for the Virtual console and of course these will be made compatible with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as well as Sun and Moon, If I'm remembering right I think the update for Pokebank to allow people to bring in pokemon from Gold and Silver for the virtual consoles is coming out in December, although I could be wrong about that release date though.

So I wouldn't be that surprised if through Pokebank they have an even where you can get the Signature Z-crystal of Celebi(that is if there is one), which interestingly enough there is an event where if you get either Gold or Silver you get a free Celebi for Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

future.newyorker

I'm really hoping that IF Mimikyu gets a signature Z-move, as has been hinted, that it gains a new form by using its Z-move where it loses its disguise, or at least let us see underneath it.

Sulfurian

Just as a side note, with potentially so many new z crystals being added I'm kinda annoyed that we never got our own mega stone bag slot thing. Would help just as much. Guess favorites work too but eh

future.newyorker

Just as a side note, with potentially so many new z crystals being added I'm kinda annoyed that we never got our own mega stone bag slot thing. Would help just as much. Guess favorites work too but eh

If they make Mega Evolution happen before post game, I could see them adding Mega Stones into the Z- Crystal bag slot.

Aetius

You know, watching the very first trailer for USUM, I'm pretty sure that also Togedemaru and Mimikyuu will get a signature Z-move.
Why do I say that? Well, remember the animation in which Lycanroc appeared and kinda looked like a cutscene? Now we know that it was part of its signature Z-move's animation.
Of course, that's not a definite proof, but it makes you wonder...

shadowF

Anyone hoping for a Drampa Z move? I fell in love with his Drampa GX card and feel it could do some badass animation attacks.

future.newyorker

I saw some merchandise video on YouTube that was a carrying case for those tacky z-crystal toys, and it appeared to have quite a few more slots for signature z-moves, I believe the video stated about 10 more unaccounted slots. That gives me hope that the Mimikyu Z-move is definitely going to happen.

knightwolf09

Anybody else wondering if the starters will get these z power moves? I mean sure they already have their own z-moves already, but it'd stink that they have just regular attack while other pokemon at least have different effects to them

Status
Not open for further replies.