• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible New Signature Z-Moves Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

Anybody else wondering if the starters will get these z power moves? I mean sure they already have their own z-moves already, but it'd stink that they have just regular attack while other pokemon at least have different effects to them

Why? There were already Z-Moves with secondary effects the first time around and that had no bearing on the fact that the Starter Z-Moves don't, so why would it matter now?

R_N

Why? There were already Z-Moves with secondary effects the first time around and that had no bearing on the fact that the Starter Z-Moves don't, so why would it matter now?

Which honestly made it weirder that none of them had secondary effects. I don't think that actually means anything (side note: bet another set of starters gets z moves), but still

knightwolf09

So I'm still curious as to what pokemon will be getting these z-power moves, and I'm bored. So I turned on my speculation mode and started wondering what pokemon are getting new z-moves. So for we've been revealed 2, being Kommo-o and Lycanroc. On a new toy which is a z-crystal holder, on it are 6 slots that are in the same shape as these new Z-power crystals, implying that there will be at least 6 new z-moves. Along with the z-power ring toy, it comes along with 3 new z-crystals. A red, purple, and bright yellow one. Since signature z-crystals match the color on a pokemon, this makes it a bit easier to try an guess. For example Kommonium Z is a faded yellow color that matches it's scales, and Lycanium Z is a color mixture of midday and midnight's colors. So for the other 3 colors, they must match ones probably in the Alola dex. So for the red one, the best one I can think of is Turtonator. The purple one, while some say Mimikyu cause of the animation and it's purple like the ghost type, but I think it's for something else. Only one's I can think of that are purple are Toxipex, Golisopod, Salazzle, and Oranguru. And for the bright yellow one, I think is for Togedemaru, though it can Rimbombee too. But Tog has the animation preview in the trailer plus it's color would match. Out of all of them that still leaves one more.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So is it just a typo on the main website, or are the new Z-Crystals really called Lunala-Z and Solgaleo-Z instead of Luanlium-Z and Solgalium-Z? What's up with that?

So is it just a typo on the main website, or are the new Z-Crystals really called Lunala-Z and Solgaleo-Z instead of Luanlium-Z and Solgalium-Z? What's up with that?
That's probably just the Japanese way of putting it, iirc things like Bugium Z are just "Bug Z" in Japanese. Will probably be localized differently in the west.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's probably just the Japanese way of putting it, iirc things like Bugium Z are just "Bug Z" in Japanese. Will probably be localized differently in the west.

If that were the case, I would expect Serebii to do the obvious localization himself. That's normally what he does, at least I think.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I REALLY want them to give Regigigas his own Z-move that negates his own ability. I guess it would work with the move "Crush Grip". While I know wishing Regigigas got a new ability (heck, even pressure!) is a pipe dream, I would love it if they would go this route.

Also, through Rotom you can now use z moves more than once??? That is game changing!

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
With a name like Sunshine Smasher, are we to believe that Solgaleo is smashing sunlight, or using sunlight to smash? I just don’t know.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I REALLY want them to give Regigigas his own Z-move that negates his own ability. I guess it would work with the move "Crush Grip". While I know wishing Regigigas got a new ability (heck, even pressure!) is a pipe dream, I would love it if they would go this route.

That would be pretty interesting. It's not going to happen, but it would be interesting.

With a name like Sunshine Smasher, are we to believe that Solgaleo is smashing sunlight, or using sunlight to smash? I just don’t know.

I would assume its using sunlight to smash with, as smashing sunshine wouldn't really do anything to hurt the opponent. It also lines up with what Sunsteel Strike does, just a stronger version.

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
Did anyone notice that Solgaleo's, Lunala's & Necrozma's Z-Moves retain their base version's effect of ignoring Abilities? The Gigalith in Dusk Mane Necrozma's
Z-Move probably is suggesting it had Sturdy and Mimikyu's Disguise was ignored by Dawn Wings Necrozma's Z-Move.

Rio!

Composer
Did anyone notice that Solgaleo's, Lunala's & Necrozma's Z-Moves retain their base version's effect of ignoring Abilities? The Gigalith in Dusk Mane Necrozma's
Z-Move probably is suggesting it had Sturdy and Mimikyu's Disguise was ignored by Dawn Wings Necrozma's Z-Move.

I'm also wondering if that's the case since those two specific pokemon were chosen (besides it obvs being s/e against them).

Lalo95

The official site states that those Z-Moves also ignore the target's abilities.

Takara Tomy updated their Z Power Ring page today, and I noticed a couple of interesting tidbits:

First, the Z-Crystal board has spaces for 6 new-shaped Z-Crystals, so we're getting at least 2 more Z-Moves.
Second, the commercial for the Z-Power Ring has a Z-Crystal that I believe we haven't seen before.
Z-crystal-unknown.jpg
Anybody have any clue what's it showing? I can't figure it out.
EDIT: Wait!!! I think that's Mimikkyu!!!!

Everything12

The official site states that those Z-Moves also ignore the target's abilities.

Takara Tomy updated their Z Power Ring page today, and I noticed a couple of interesting tidbits:

First, the Z-Crystal board has spaces for 6 new-shaped Z-Crystals, so we're getting at least 2 more Z-Moves.
Second, the commercial for the Z-Power Ring has a Z-Crystal that I believe we haven't seen before.
View attachment 16924
Anybody have any clue what's it showing? I can't figure it out.
EDIT: Wait!!! I think that's Mimikkyu!!!!

The last two will probably be Mimikyu and Togedemaru based off the first trailer showing them doing something that looked like a Z-Move, funny how they were technically the first ones shown but will probably be the last ones announced.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow, I absolutely love the animations for those new Z-Moves. Actually giving us a way to control Lunala and Solgaleo's ability to open Ultra Wormholes in battle is an absolutely amazing idea. I might just end up using that Z-Move simply to watch that beautiful animation.

Tuoko

unknown.jpg

It seems Mimikyu's Z-Crystal was revealed in a Z-Power Ring trailer, and going by previous merch, there'll only be 6 Z-Crystals.

So considering that...

1. Kommium Z
2. Lycanium Z
3. Solganium Z
4. Lunalium Z
5. Mimikyu's Z-Crystal
6. ???

I think it's safe to say the last one is Togedemaru's considering the Lycanroc/Togedemaru/Mimikyu scenes in the first trailer.

Last edited:

future.newyorker

View attachment 16926

It seems Mimikyu's Z-Crystal was revealed in a Z-Power Ring trailer, and going by previous merch, there'll only be 6 Z-Crystals.

So considering that...

1. Kommium Z
2. Lycanium Z
3. Solganium Z
4. Lunalium Z
5. Mimikyu's Z-Crystal
6. ???

I think it's safe to say the last one is Togedemaru's considering the Lycanroc/Togedemaru/Mimikyu scenes in the first trailer.

I know it's probable that Togedemaru is getting a z-move, but I just don't see Togedemaru as being a stand out enough Pokémon to get its own z-move.

R_N

I bet Mimikyu's z move is based on shadow claw.
It is the big thing it's shown doing all the time
778Mimikyu_2.png

it's even on the z crystal and i'ts clearly reaching out with both its claws assuming the brief scene from the first trailer was its z move.

ALso I'm just spit balling here, but since the other thing its based on is seeing mimikyu's real body, which is said to curse you, maybe this Z-Shadow Claw will have the secondary effect of inflicting the Curse status?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
View attachment 16926

So considering that...

1. Kommium Z
2. Lycanium Z
3. Solganium Z
4. Lunalium Z
5. Mimikyu's Z-Crystal
6. ???

Oh! So that is where the only 6 z-crystal thing came from....
I'm glad Solgaleo and Lunala actually have z-crystals, I thought it was disappointing originally when Necrozma was shown to have z-moves but those two didn't.

Togedemaru is definitely the sixth, or last if there truly are only six new z-moves.

ShadowForce720

View attachment 16926

So considering that...

1. Kommium Z
2. Lycanium Z
3. Solganium Z
4. Lunalium Z
5. Mimikyu's Z-Crystal
6. ???

Keep in mind though that the merchandise your talking about that would suggest that there is only 6 new Z-crystals doesn't have a slot for every single z-crystal that we know about and already have for instance there was 18 type specific Z-crystals and then were 11 pokemon exclusive Z-crystals and if you look at this there are only 17 slots on there 3 being taken up by Lycanium-Z, Solganium Z, Lunalium Z, then 1 taken up by Pikashunium-Z, and two taken up by Firium-Z and Waterium-Z and then presumably 1 slot is taken up by what is presumably Mimikyu's Z-Crystal.

However that means that 7 of the slots are already taken which leaves 10 slots left two being for two new pokemon exclusive Z-crystals introduce in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and while some would presume that Kommium-Z would be part of the merchandise the thing is so far to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been confirmed that it's part of the set, which is a bit odd considering that it's been revealed Lycanium-Z, Solganium Z, Lunalium Z are part of the set and yet they didn't reveal Kommium-Z as part of the set, also keep in mind that if we add the number of Z-crystal together there in total 34 Z-crystals which means that not every Z-crystal is in this set, so while it's possible that there could only be 6 new pokemon exclusive Z-crystals it's also possible that there could be more then 6 and just some of the other new ones aren't going to be included in the set.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I bet Mimikyu's z move is based on shadow claw.
It is the big thing it's shown doing all the time
778Mimikyu_2.png

it's even on the z crystal and i'ts clearly reaching out with both its claws assuming the brief scene from the first trailer was its z move.

ALso I'm just spit balling here, but since the other thing its based on is seeing mimikyu's real body, which is said to curse you, maybe this Z-Shadow Claw will have the secondary effect of inflicting the Curse status?

That would be really cool, and finally give Curse some relevance. I wish the Z move would trigger a form change for Mimikyu and reveal its real form.

Status
Not open for further replies.