• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible New Signature Z-Moves Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetius

With Mimikyuu's signature Z-move being confirmed, then we might as well expect one for Togedemaru.
In fact, in that famous direct, Lycanroc, Mimikyuu and Togedemaru were shown together in it and now that we know that those weren't cutscenes but Z-moves, well, I don't have to say anything else right?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
In the picture it says "Compatible with Pokémon Sun/Pokémon Moon and Pokémon Ultra Sun/Pokémon Ultra Moon". Does that mean we could get the Mimikium Z in Sun/Moon as well?

...No.

If it was, the Z-Crystal would be in the data of the original games, and it isn't.

ShadowForce720

I'm happy Mimikyu is getting its own Z-Move. It's one of my favourite Pokemon this generation. I personally hope its Z-Move is a Fairy type move as Mimikyu is my Z-user in the Battle Tree and Twinkle Tackle, while decently powerful, still isn't as powerful as it could be and I'm reluctant to run a Ghost Z-Move due to Normal's immunity to it which has cost me in the past.

It's probably more likely that it's going to be a Ghost type Z-move considering it will most likely link off of Mimikyu's Shadow Claw which is a ghost type move and a move that keeps getting associated with Mimikyu.

Um question since it's been confirmed that Mimikyu is getting a Z-move does that mean it's safe to that it's pretty likely that were getting another trailer sometime this month that will show off that new Z-move?

Last edited:

future.newyorker

It's probably more likely that it's going to be a Ghost type Z-move considering it will most likely link off of Mimikyu's Shadow Claw which is a ghost type move and a move that keeps getting associated with Mimikyu.

Um question since it's been confirmed that Mimikyu is getting a Z-move does that mean it's safe to that it's pretty likely that were getting another trailer sometime this month that will show off that new Z-move?

Quite possible. It will probably drop on Halloween if we're being completely honest. GF would miss out on a perfect opportunity if they did not take advantage of that day.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
What do you guys think the effect will be for Mimikyu?

I saw someone on another site suggested it will reactivate Disguise, which is kind of cool. And if that is the case, then it allows Mimikyu to set up Swords Dance on turn 1 while its disguise is up, then, when it is destroyed, it can unleash a powerful Z move.

Luthor

With the totem Pokemon I wonder if they could have a joint Z-crystal that enables all totem Pokemon to use the same move exclusive to them. Similar to how the tapu's still have the same z-crystal.

R_N

With the totem Pokemon I wonder if they could have a joint Z-crystal that enables all totem Pokemon to use the same move exclusive to them. Similar to how the tapu's still have the same z-crystal.

The tapu share a common move, though. The totems don't unless they add something to their movepool.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Universal TMs?

Luthor

The tapu share a common move, though. The totems don't unless they add something to their movepool.

I think all of them can learn Return and some other similar TMs or they could have come up with some move like "totem power" or something that is exclusive to the Totem Pokemon.

R_N

Signature moves stay in their standard move pools, though. Even snorlax learns Giga Impact by default.

Signature Z Moves would also require a more involved animation. The Tapu get around this by closing up their shells and latching into a giant that actually does the bulk of the move. There are like...we'll say 10 totems of all sorts of different body shapes and movement rigs and none have a unifying background factor. I don't see them doing a super generic animation for a signature z move either, since these are supposed to be very flashy. Eevee has one of the longer z move animations in the game and all it does is get a stat boost.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
is there still a possibility of more new z-moves besides the unnamed Togedemaru one?

ShadowForce720

is there still a possibility of more new z-moves besides the unnamed Togedemaru one?

I would think so although unless one that is not for Mimikyu and Togedemaru gets revealed before that game comes out, we might have to just wait until the game comes out to know for sure.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well they revealed Mimikyu's.
It officially topped my favorite z-move! It is so freaking hilarious.
It made Mimikyu a definite member of my team. I will sit there all day if it means getting a Mimikyu... please no more 5% chance.

Prfctcellrulz

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Well they revealed Mimikyu's.
It officially topped my favorite z-move! It is so freaking hilarious.
It made Mimikyu a definite member of my team. I will sit there all day if it means getting a Mimikyu... please no more 5% chance.

I have a Mimikyu in Bank. When I get Ultra Moon I’m willing to trade it if it helps you out.

Aetius

Well, that has to be the cutest and yet most scary Z-move I've ever seen. XD
Anyway, I suppose that's it.
Now we only have to wait for the games' release!

Orphalesion

Well, that has to be the cutest and yet most scary Z-move I've ever seen. XD

Yeop on both accounts.

So I haven't really been following the Z-moves, but does the Mimikyu one damage all the Pokemon in the opponents party?

knightwolf09

Yeop on both accounts.

So I haven't really been following the Z-moves, but does the Mimikyu one damage all the Pokemon in the opponents party?

It just seems like a more powerful Twinkle Tackle by the looks of it. Most people do use a Twinkle Tackle Mimikyu though, so the little boost does help it out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.