• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible New Signature Z-Moves Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
With the reveal of Kommo-o's new Z-Move, it looks like other Pokemon will receive new Z-Moves. What Pokemon do you think will get signature Z-Moves?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
With the reveal of Kommo-o's new Z-Move, it looks like other Pokemon will receive new Z-Moves. What Pokemon do you think will get signature Z-Moves?

I'm predicting to tie in with the the SM anime Pokemon like Tsareena, Togedemaru, Turtonator, Alolan Nintetales and Lycanroc.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
When was a new Z-Move of Kommo-o revealed? I know we'll get new Z-Moves, but I haven't seen anything specifically related to Kommo-o.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I really want to see Alolan Ninetales. It would be interesting to have an Alolan Form having an exclusive Z-move especially if it's coming from the main girl of this generation. :D

Also, I'm still hoping for Mimikyu to get one.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm predicting to tie in with the the SM anime Pokemon like Tsareena, Togedemaru, Turtonator, Alolan Nintetales and Lycanroc.

I'd love for Togedemaru, Tsareena, and Ninetales-A to get Z-Moves! And Lycanroc seems likely, given how much attention the Rockruff line is getting.

knightwolf09

Wow that looks really cool. A spread damage Z-Move based on Clanging Scales, and it also raises your stats. That's gonna boost Kommo-o's viability way up.

I guess Dusk Lycanroc will probably get an exclusive Z-Move, they also gave Marshadow and Mew exclusive Z-Moves, and Dusk Lycanroc is the next event-only pokémon.

I also love how he's straight up haka dancing

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Mimikyu's a possibility, if it jumping into the camera in the initial trailer is any indication. Palossand, Bewear and Comfey are practically confirmed after appearing in today's trailer. I'd like also Flygon to get a Z-Move of its own - it won't ever get a Mega at this rate, so GameFreak might as well give it something to play with. As for that Kommo-o Z-Move, while raising all of its stats might be broken anf good for its viability, I'd have to wonder whether it's been given the right moves to really make it dangerous. Close Combat please GameFreak.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

I wonder if some exclusives get reworks, like they gain additional effects like this new one. I was kind of disappointed when I learned that only 2 z-move have additional effects, and everything else was just personal Hyper Beams. So maybe some existing ones will get new effects. Like Malicious Moonsault will ignore abilities and and stat changes, or Oceanic Operetta will have a full restore effect.

Everything12

Now that Kommo-o's Z-Move shows what the new Z-Moves look like I'm pretty sure the Togedamerau, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc in the original Trailer were all performing Z-Moves for Zing Zap, ?, and Accelrock.

knightwolf09

Now that Kommo-o's Z-Move shows what the new Z-Moves look like I'm pretty sure the Togedamerau, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc in the original Trailer were all performing Z-Moves for Zing Zap, ?, and Accelrock.

Good point. What other pokemon had their own moves? I know there's Toxapex, Toucannon, Dhelmise, Pallosand, Tsareena, Golisopod, and some others.

Tuoko

Mimikyu's a possibility, if it jumping into the camera in the initial trailer is any indication. Palossand, Bewear and Comfey are practically confirmed after appearing in today's trailer. I'd like also Flygon to get a Z-Move of its own - it won't ever get a Mega at this rate, so GameFreak might as well give it something to play with. As for that Kommo-o Z-Move, while raising all of its stats might be broken anf good for its viability, I'd have to wonder whether it's been given the right moves to really make it dangerous. Close Combat please GameFreak.

How? Them and Vulpix were just using the Z-Moves that match their types, so no, they're not practically confirmed. And if it meant anything, then the starters would be getting new Z-Moves too.

That said, I am surprised Kommo-o got a signature Z-Move, hopefully they give Z-Moves to Pokemon outside of Kanto and Alola.

ShadowForce720

Good point. What other pokemon had their own moves? I know there's Toxapex, Toucannon, Dhelmise, Pallosand, Tsareena, Golisopod, and some others.

Basically here is a list of the pokemon that were introduce in Pokémon Sun and Moon that had signature moves but didn't get Signature Z-moves in Pokémon Sun and Moon:

Toucannon
Crabominable
Oricorio
Ribombee
Lycanroc
Toxapex
Lurantis
Morelull and Shiinotic
Tsareena
Comfey
Oranguru
Golisopod
Sandygast and Palossand
Pyukumuku
Silvally
Turtonator
Togedemaru
Bruxish
Dhelmise
Kommo-o(confirmed to be getting one in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon)
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Magearna
Alolan Exeggutor
Alolan Marowak

do note that while all of these are pokemon that were introduce in Sun and Moon that had signature moves but didn't get signature Z-moves, this does not mean that pokemon outside of this list couldn't get signature Z-moves, heck I wouldn't be that surprised if some pokemon that get Signature Z-moves in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon aren't on this list.

Last edited:

Tuoko

Basically here is a list of the pokemon that were introduce in Pokémon Sun and Moon that had signature moves but didn't get Signature Z-moves in Pokémon Sun and Moon:

Toucannon
Crabominable
Oricorio
Ribombee
Lycanroc
Toxapex
Lurantis
Morelull and Shiinotic
Tsareena
Comfey
Oranguru
Golisopod
Sandygast and Palossand
Pyukumuku
Silvally
Turtonator
Togedemaru
Bruxish
Dhelmise
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Magearna
Alolan Exeggutor
Alolan Marowak

do note that while all of these are pokemon that were introduce in Sun and Moon that had signature moves but didn't get signature Z-moves, this does not mean that pokemon outside of this list couldn't get signature Z-moves, heck I wouldn't be that surprised if some pokemon that get Signature Z-moves in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon aren't on this list.

It's also worth noting that Heatmor and Krookodile got signature moves in SM, which is weird since Heatmor isn't even available IIRC.

knightwolf09

Toucannon
Crabominable
Oricorio
Ribombee
Lycanroc
Toxapex
Lurantis
Morelull and Shiinotic
Tsareena
Comfey
Oranguru
Golisopod
Sandygast and Palossand
Pyukumuku
Silvally
Turtonator
Togedemaru
Bruxish
Dhelmise
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Magearna
Alolan Exeggutor
Alolan Marowak

All of these seem like good possibilities except Silvally, since it's a recently created pokemon, I doubt it'd have a crystal after it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It's also worth noting that Heatmor and Krookodile got signature moves in SM, which is weird since Heatmor isn't even available IIRC.

Power Trip is not a true signature move.

Bulbapedia's classification is incorrect.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
*watches trailer*

And this was the story of how Kommo-o got banned to ubers.

All right, all right, all joking aside, that's a pretty good way to start off the new Z-moves (assuming we'll get more). Personally, I'd love a Golisopod one! It could show more of the samurai theme that Golisopod portrays, but I'll be fine with whatever we get.

Luthor

One thing to consider is if there are any z-moves go to pokemon that aren't featured ingame like Mew. Mew getting a signature was somewhat of an outlier but they could do something similar just so they can have it for an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.