• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible New Signature Z-Moves Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Something I just noticed that I found cool was the background for Kommo-o's Z-Move. I found it very odd at first when it transitioned to the online battle background, because I thought the Z-Move's background was the battle background. I always felt that the backgrounds of the Z-Moves in Sun and Moon were way too plain and barren. Hopefully this means they're stepping things up on that front.

Sulfurian

I don't mean to take away from the alolan pokemon when I say I hope we get exclusive z moves for pokemon from gens 2-6, like maybe one for zoroark since it didn't get a mega like lucario did

Animefan145

With how Kommo-o's new Z-move seems designed to fix it so that it'll be competitive, it'd be nice if the starters' Z-moves also gave them big boosts, though that might be expecting too much, since in Kommo-o's case it was just close to good but still not quite good enough.

I kind of wish they would change Snorlax's Z-move so that it wouldn't require useless Giga Impact, but not sure Snorlax is quite in need of improvement as much as Kommo-o was. I just always wish they would improve Snorlax, not sure how its doing metagame-wise at the moment.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
With how Kommo-o's new Z-move seems designed to fix it so that it'll be competitive, it'd be nice if the starters' Z-moves also gave them big boosts, though that might be expecting too much, since in Kommo-o's case it was just close to good but still not quite good enough.

I kind of wish they would change Snorlax's Z-move so that it wouldn't require useless Giga Impact, but not sure Snorlax is quite in need of improvement as much as Kommo-o was. I just always wish they would improve Snorlax, not sure how its doing metagame-wise at the moment.

Snorlax really doesn't need a boost. With the change in the consfusion berries it is a monster. It is one of the most dangerous pokemon in the game under Trick Room with a Belly Drum set, it is the best Belly Drummer in the game due to Gluttony and its bulk. Recycle now gives it a recovery move too. I've been leading double battles with Oranguru and Snorlax and I've had quite a lot of battles where those two annihilated the entire enemy team.

Aetius

Kommo-O's peculiar Z-Move looks awesome!
I love how its dancing around allows him to stock energy up and then release it in a glorious clangoring explosion!
Now, it has to be seen whetever the secondary effect of such move will make Kommo-O a viable Pokemon in the metagame or not...
Anyway, I might be wrong, but it appears that Alolan Vulpix and Bewear may get their own Z-Moves.
Necrozma is a given I guess.

Tuoko

I considered something like that, but a pure Rock-Type have a Fighting-Type Signature Z-Move seems a bit unlikely.

Ah, you're right. I guess they could break away from the naming scheme... Accelycanium Z / Counlycanium Z or whatever.

Or they could make a new signature move for all three, but I'm not too sure on that.

Anyway, I might be wrong, but it appears that Alolan Vulpix and Bewear may get their own Z-Moves.
Necrozma is a given I guess.

Nothing suggests that. They're just using the type-specific Z-Moves.

I do hope Alolan Ninetales, Tsareena, Togedemaru, and Turtonator get their own Z-Moves, though. Mimikyu, Bewear, and the Lycanrocs would be nice too, since they're popular Pokemon.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
If the Salamence and Garchomp shown had normal defenses and weren't 0IV dummies. Then it might have been 175.

And I also had Kommo-o as a 0IV 0EV dummy. Obviously the damage is going to be greater if Kommo-o actually invests in Sp.Atk. The lower bound does go up a bit if you go to 31IV on both sides instead of 0IV, but the Dusk Lycanroc trailer was also on minimum stats based on the HP stat of Lycanroc.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Welp, Clangering Soulblaze does quite a few things, but it doesn't solve how silly the basis for Kommo-o's signature move is, nor how ugly Kommo-o is. This isn't a beauty in the eye thing, that Pokémon is hideous. So hideous and unfortunate Game Freak felt compelled to give him an overpowered signature Z-move to make it feel better.

But there's plenty of pseudo babies that aren't so ugly who also deserve the Z-Move love stick. While they're at it, give us a sig moves for Hydreigon, Goodra and Dragonite. Look, the other pseudos have wicked Mega forms, it only seems fair they give the other four wicked Z-moves. Something Hurricane driven for Dragonite, Sludge Wave driven for Goodra, and possibly Dragon-type driven for Hydreigon. I like the meteor motif for Hydrei, maybe an Uber powerful Draco Meteor that hits both opponents?

...God Kommo-o's ugly! Can they at least tie its "locks" back when it gets a Mega?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I kinda like Kommo-o's design. I think it looks cool.

Personally I don't think Dragonite really needs anything right now. It has among the very best movepools among all Dragon types, a great ability, and good stats. But then again, neither did Garchomp or Salamence and they got Mega Evolutions. Hydreigon's a bit in a similar boat. It's a bit faster than Dragonite but has worse offensive stats and it lacks some moves in its movepool, most notably Thunderbolt (although it still has a great movepool). I wouldn't mind it if it got a new Z-Move or something.
Goodra probably needs something, it's a bit similar to Kommo-o, just with the bulk more focused on the special side and only one type. They've got similar offensive stats, a similar speed, and their movepools are both good but not outstanding. Goodra can do a rain set with Muddy Water, Thunder, Dragon Pulse, and Rest with Hydration for instance, it's not without options. Yeah Goodra could probably use something like a Z-Move to give it an extra push to really become great. I wouldn't like it if it was on Sludge Wave though, I think it should be on something it learns naturally. Maybe a Z-version of Rain Dance.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Ah, you're right. I guess they could break away from the naming scheme... Accelycanium Z / Counlycanium Z or whatever.

Or they could make a new signature move for all three, but I'm not too sure on that.

I wouldn't mind two separate Z-Crystals that did that, but it still seems iffy. Or they could just use a more common move that they all share, like Rock Slide or Stone Edge.

And on the topic of other Mons getting moves, I could see Mimikyu getting one having to do with the terror of seeing its true form. The base move could be Shadow Sneak, and it could be a priority move that's guaranteed to flinch the opponent, with the trade-off being it has no increase in power over a Never-Ending Nightmare built off of Shadow Sneak (100 BP). They could call it....I dunno, Peeka-Boo (or Pika-Boo) Peril or something like that.

Also, Bewear should definitely get one that's just a spine-shattering bear hug. The base move would be Bind, but the pay-off would be a 250 BP move that traps the opponent, or something insane like that.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I wouldn't mind two separate Z-Crystals that did that, but it still seems iffy. Or they could just use a more common move that they all share, like Rock Slide or Stone Edge.

And on the topic of other Mons getting moves, I could see Mimikyu getting one having to do with the terror of seeing its true form. The base move could be Shadow Sneak, and it could be a priority move that's guaranteed to flinch the opponent, with the trade-off being it has no increase in power over a Never-Ending Nightmare built off of Shadow Sneak (100 BP). They could call it....I dunno, Peeka-Boo (or Pika-Boo) Peril or something like that.

Also, Bewear should definitely get one that's just a spine-shattering bear hug. The base move would be Bind, but the pay-off would be a 250 BP move that traps the opponent, or something insane like that.

Actually, that makes sense. Instead of having Mimikyu's true form as a playable Pokemon its exclusive Z-move can use its true form to attack instead.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd love to see more non-Alolan/Kanto Pokemon get unique z-moves this time. Much like Alolan formes for Kanto Pokemon, I'm just sick off this Kanto favoritism going on. Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova deserve love too.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Actually, that makes sense. Instead of having Mimikyu's true form as a playable Pokemon its exclusive Z-move can use its true form to attack instead.

Can't. Everybody wants to keep their souls.

@ Zoruagible

Hoenn got lots and lots of love though. I can understand the Kanto favoritism because at the end of the day, GF's trying "to sell tickets to the show" and you need brand appeal to do that. Nobody says brand loyalty like OG 151.

As for Goodra Z-Rain; that's not a bad idea. Maybe swamps the field and causes heavy rain in one turn, essentially a Muddy Water + Rain Dance. Tidal Bore. I like Sludge Wave more as the base for a Z-move because it counters the bane of all wrathful destructive dragons, little powdery pixie kisses. But Goodra has this quasi-fascination between Rain/water moves, electric moves, poison moves, and a little bit of grass influence.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hoenn got lots and lots of love though. I can understand the Kanto favoritism because at the end of the day, GF's trying "to sell tickets to the show" and you need brand appeal to do that. Nobody says brand loyalty like OG 151.

In ORAS, yes. And it deserved it.

XY was just random with a majority of Kanto Megas and the three birds being randomly thrown in post game, and then all Kanto Alolan formes in SM while the other regions got jack. We should only get one Kanto Alolan forme if any, same to z-crystals. I want a reason to use my older Pokemon and not just Kanto/Alolan ones.

sinisterthings

I think Mimikyu is a good contender. Alolan Raichu has its own. So maybe they'll do one for a newly intorduced form?

I also think that Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise will also get their own special Z-moves.

I really want to see Alolan Ninetales. It would be interesting to have an Alolan Form having an exclusive Z-move especially if it's coming from the main girl of this generation. :D

Also, I'm still hoping for Mimikyu to get one.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
With Mimikyu, I really hope they don't reveal the true form. That would ruin the fun. Though, I think it would be really cool to have alternate Mimikyu costumes like Marill and Jigglypuff. Also it doesn't really have a signature move, so I guess either play rough or shadow claw would be the two most likely candidates for an exclusive Z-move.

As far as new Z-moves and Alola forms for old Pokemon, I don't really care which region (or regions) they do that much. As long we get new stuff i'm happy regardless. But, Johto and Sinnoh (and Unova, to a lesser extent) haven't gotten any attention for a long time. So I can see why they should get attention. Hoenn just had a remake, so we don't need to revisit that for a while. Same for X and Y, too recent.

knightwolf09

I can't remember if I said this all ready, but I really hope other existing z-moves get reworks. For example, Malicious Moonsault would not only ignore stat changes, but all type resistances. Anything that resist or are immune to Dark type moves will receive neutral damage. Oceanic Operetta would have a full restore effect, when the move is used, it heals Primarina of any status ailments and goes back to full health. Sinister Arrow Raid would hit all opponents and any pokemon that survives will be cursed. Catastropika would increase Pikachu's Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. Soul Stealing Seven Star Strike would steal stat changes and health. And maybe Pulverizing Pancake would guarantee flinch next turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.