• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible Pokemon Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
i was thinking, is this the newest pokemon game in a time-wise thinking? or is pokemon blue and red the first?
of course with those two you can have one being first and the other being last.

but what im trying to say is that possible Diamond is the first and that Yellow is the last, in other words, Diamond is the farthest in the past and Yellow is the most present. i say this because the current number of pokemon(diamond) is 493 and the other (yellow) is 151. but what if the pokemon, and people were created by Arceus like diamond tells us? God created man and dinosaur. the dinosaurs died. what if some pokemon died and the current number is 151 (yellow) another thing im trying to say is what if some pokemon went extinct?

im leaving you, the reader to decide what you think.
is diamond the most in the past?
or is Yellow the most current?

Volteon

Back I guess??
R/S/FR/LG/E happened at the same time as R/B/Y
D/P/(P?) happened at the same time as G/S/C (Red Gyarados thing in the start)
IMO Pokémon Colosseum or happens in the past of all or happens at the same time as RBY.

And in GSC, the game say things Team Rocket did three years in past (R/B/Y) so we do have it already =s
Pokémon XD happens 5 years after Colosseum so I'd guess that the start of the timeline is Colosseum and the end is XD. Until now.

devilry

R/S/FR/LG/E happened at the same time as R/B/Y
D/P/(P?) happened at the same time as G/S/C (Red Gyarados thing in the start)
IMO Pokémon Colosseum or happens in the past of all or happens at the same time as RBY.

And in GSC, the game say things Team Rocket did three years in past (R/B/Y) so we do have it already =s
Pokémon XD happens 5 years after Colosseum so I'd guess that the start of the timeline is Colosseum and the end is XD. Until now.

D/P occurs after GSC, and how long after exactly is not specified.

If I remember correctly, the television show said 'Till date, it has not been found or something like that.

If searching efforts were actually deployed long enough to be documented a failure to the public, this would mean a long time has passed since the red gyarados incident.

Anyway, it is pretty faulty to compare the pokemon versions with the current pokemon that exist within the game.

Mr. Charlie

I'd like to know why people say that RBY happens at the same time as RSE...

However, I agree with devilry, DP takes place some time after GSC, maybe one year?

Elias

Unless I see some kind of evidence that supports the theory that RSE happened at the same time as RBY, I'd like to think that the timeline is in the order of release. The Kanto events (R/B/Y/FR/LG) happen with Team Rocket, then three years later they try again in Johto (G/S/C) or whatnot, then the Hoenn (R/S/E) stuff, and then the Sinnoh events happen after that. It makes since to me since Oak is in Kanto, then visits Johto, and then swings by Sinnoh before heading back to Kanto (I don't quite remember what all happened in Johto, so that may be wrong). It also makes sense in the fact that the Pokedex has expanded as Oak learned of more and more pokemon.

I realize the theory isn't solid, but correct me if I'm wrong (especially if there's evidnce about Heonn stuff being in a different place in time.)

mouldy.k

Pretty Much Awesome.
I'd say that you can't base guesses off of both the games and the movies/shows. They're made by different people, so their ideas are slightly different. Personally, I think they're all set at the same time in the game, but not in the show, because that wouldn't make sense and Ash wouldn't always be the main character all the time.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
I'm pretty sure it goes r/b/y/fr/lg/r/s/e (dang that is a lot).

Then after that is g/s/c.

Followed by the classic d/p/pl.

Idk y I said classic considering how they're new but lets just go with it, k?

kittylitter

interesting thought definately a stumper. however if yello came out first why is stuff way more high tech in the later generations. and if as many pokeemon as you say went extinct really did it would cause a massive gap in the food chain and kill off most pokemon. and also why some and not others. for instance in yellow you can't get steelix but you can get onyx why wouldn't evolutions be included?

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
WEll we do know that GSC is 3 years ahead of FR/LG. I say that Diamond/Pearl is happening at the same time as FR/LG. My ultimate suggestion is my Delorian here (points at delorian).. if we hit 88 miles per hour we can go back in the past.. or future and find out.. The only thing i'm missing is a bolt of lightning... yeah my flux capacitor doesn't have 1.28 Gigawatts of power, so sue me..

Chaos Rush

Well, I'm going to make a rough estimation (lol).

Games that I am not taking into account:
Pokemon Red/Blue (Because of FR/LG)
Pokemon Yellow (Because Yellow is based off of the anime, and to me anime isn't canon)
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
All spin-off games

Games that I am taking into account:
Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Platinum

Also note: The reason why I am discluding Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl is because to me, FireRed/LeafGreen, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are is a re-telling of what really happened in the originals.

1. Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, Pokemon Emerald-
In the Pokemon Net Center on One Island, once you can trade with other 3rd Gen games in FR/LG, many NPC's state as if they were all in the same timeline, and nothing says that the machine is a time machine, so that's why FR/LG and R/S/E take place at the same time.

2. Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Platinum-
Now, what!? Where is the proof that D/P/P took place after G/S/C? Anyways, in G/S/C, many NPC's recall an events that happened, "3 years ago", and those events they talk about happened in Red/Blue/Yellow. FireRed/LeafGreen are remakes of those, so that would mean that G/S/C still took place after FR/LG, and I'm just assuming that D/P/P takes place at the same time as G/S/C.

Also, Oak appears in FR/LG, G/S/C, and D/P/P. If all three of them took place at separate times, then by D/P/P Oak would probably be REALLY old, so that would also support that D/P/P took place at the same time as G/S/C.

Last edited:

BCVM22

My ultimate suggestion is my Delorian here (points at delorian).. if we hit 88 miles per hour we can go back in the past.. or future and find out.. The only thing i'm missing is a bolt of lightning... yeah my flux capacitor doesn't have 1.28 Gigawatts of power, so sue me..

What a superb post. Great contribution.

The 1st and 3rd generations take place roughly concurrently; likewise for the 2nd and 4th generations.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
It is a werid time line thing but I think its not aspost to make sence. Unless Arecus Died when he made all 151 Pokemon and then Mew made more pokemon and the others did as well??

BCVM22

Unless Arecus Died when he made all 151 Pokemon and then Mew made more pokemon and the others did as well??

And... what does any of that have to do with any sort of order of events, vague or otherwise, regarding the games in the series?

little norbert

I believe the timeline follows the order of release, and the reason there are always more pokemon is that they are discovered. Nothing goes exctinct (as is the case with fossil pokemon XD)

Blade-zulah

Cool Trainer
It is a werid time line thing but I think its not aspost to make sence. Unless Arecus Died when he made all 151 Pokemon and then Mew made more pokemon and the others did as well??
A certain Pokemon's absence during a generation of games doesn't mean it didn't exist in that time period. Every game takes place in a different region, remember? It only makes sense that the wildlife differs between said regions.

But yeah, I wonder about the chronology of the Pokemon games sometimes - not so much what order they're in, but what came before them. Lore indicates that humans have taken Pokemon companions for ages before R/B/Y, but how long has there been an official "Pokemon League"? Decades? Centuries? When was the Pokeball invented, and what did people use before it? I think it'd be awesome if there was a prequel game set around the dawn of the Pokemon League that addressed these kinds of things.

also how could pokemon go extinct when all the proffessors and other characters survive and go into the next generation

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
Personaly I Think FR/LG Happerned Before G/S/C Because When You Go To Kanto On G/S/C There Are Changes But These Changes Don't Apper In FR/LG

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
i just realized that in Gold, Silver, And Crystal Oak looks pretty young like maybe 30
so maybe g/s/c is first, and than Hoenn, then Kanto, and Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.