• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible System Crash...IDK What's going on...

Golde

Always Searching~
Yes, this computer does have a million and one things wrong with it.

I woke up this morning and started it up, but when it got to the blue screen and I clicked my name, it kinda froze up. For about 10 minutes. I turned it off.

It did it a few more times, but also did it during the Windows loading bar...so I restarted and entered the Last Known Good Configuration Date...and when it came up, there was nothing. Literally, like, no background, and well over half of my icons were gone. All my pictures and stuff.

It didn't revert back to an earlier date, I don't think, because a) I've done the Last Known Good Configuration Date before, and this didn't happen, and b) only some of the icons were gone, for instance, I have Google Earth and Antivir still set up, but some icons like folders and internet explorer were deleted. And some, like GMail Chat, I just cannot find on my computer. (I did a search, btw). So, if anyone could help me figure out what happened, and the solution, that would be great, thanks. (Oh, almost forgot, I did restart it, and it seemed to be doing OK, until it loaded again and everything was the same as before. Nothing)

Golde

Always Searching~
Well, it's really weird, I can still go to some stuff, it seems like my music is ok, for example, but media player won't install. Well, it pops up, asking me the questions and telling me stuff, but it just keeps coming back when I click finish.

ANother thing is it seems the background won't come up...and the minimize, etc. bar at the top got smaller...

And, cookies don't seem to store...I have to keep logging back in...

Is there any chance it could have something to do with installing a Service Pack?

There isn't any clicking noise, so I can only assume it's windows. Why does it do this, if I may ask? Also, is there any harm in reinstalling windows?

And, I have the Windows Disc, but is there any risk at all of reinstalling it?

Last edited:

Golde

Always Searching~
So, in your opinion, should I reinstall Windows XP?

I basically loose all data when I log out or shut down. I mean, I think some of it is still there, when I do a search I some music comes up, but, little seems to be working right...and, do you have any idea what may have caused this?

Golde

Always Searching~
Yes, I do. I don't think I'll do it tonight, b/c of the files and stuff.

And again, any idea what may have caused this?