• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible to catch Mewtwo w/out Master Ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Of course it's possible. If you want to catch a Mewtwo without a Master Ball bring strong Pokemon, buy plenty of medicine to heal your pokemon (Mewtwo knows Recover, so watch out for that), buy as many Ultra Balls as you can afford (VERY important), and save before you make an attempt to battle it (of course). Whittle down its HP, try to inflict it with status (as was said before, freezing is the most effective method, but paralyzing it or putting it to sleep are easier), then just throw Ultra Balls at it like a madman. In other words, just do the same thing that you would do with any of the legendary birds.

The truth is, Mewtwo is no more difficult to catch than Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres aside from the fact that they are all at lower levels and can't recover in battle. They all have the same catch rate (which is 3, the lowest possible for any Pokemon). If it's possible to catch all three of the birds without a Master Ball, it's possible to catch Mewtwo.

Well said, I completely agree. On HG I caught Mewtwo with a Quick Ball ( in my vid!) and in LG it took awhile longer but I caught Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball. That's all I can remember!

Yes, possable. But very hard.

The KKM

Radios and Crows
I'm here to prove it- at the time, I used my Master Ball on Tangela, thinking there would be more later on the game. So what did I do? Saved the game, and threw Ultra Balls at him. Just that, no fight. Just throw throw throw until I managed it.

Good old Pokémon Red.

I also caught Ho-oh with a Pokéball on Silver.

Spatial Master

Spatial Trainer
I caught a mewto in a pokeball when i had yellow it was frozen and had low hp

Wolfangs

Pokemon Breeder
I caught Mewtwo with an ultra ball when it was paralyzed and had about 2hp on my blue version with my Jolteon

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Definetly Possible as long as you have good leveled pokemon and many pokeballs

ToeyJoey

The Count
I have done it with an Ultra Ball but it takes so long to do, I'd wasted my Master Ball on a Growlithe much earlier on.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol, this reminds me after like 50 Ultral,Timer, and other various balls, I caught Raquaza in Sapphire with a PokeBall.

Same here! It was the second PokéBall, though, and I was all "what the heck" afterwards XD.

Anyway, I recall a time where I had stupidly used a Master Ball on another Pokémon and was having a hard time with Mewtwo. I never knew he was in Cerulean Cave until I reached him, only to discover how freakin' difficult he was. I managed to get him, but I don't remember how. All I know is that it was the happiest time of my life back then.

About catching Mewtwo in a PokéBall, yes, it still is possible, if only by a slim chance. It takes luck, really, but it also takes a whole lotta luck to get him after only a few balls. I mean, sheesh, Mew, even though being on a level 7, was hard to catch, but at least there was a better chance on getting her in a PokéBall then with Mewtwo.

Back in Red version I caught Mewtwo in a Great Ball. I didn't want to use my Master Ball because I was saving it for the Mew glitch. Mewtwo was frozen and had almost no HP left at the time, and before it got frozen none of my Pokeballs could even hit it.
Man, I'm glad they got rid of the option of having the Pokeballs miss the Pokemon.

Weajiin

I personally caught Mewtwo with a pokeball. 3 in the morning sitting behind the couch on the furnace vent, mewtwo was paralyzed and i threw ball after ball after ball. Eventually it clicked in on him. It played the music and I felt like the most BA kid ever. I woke my sister up just to show her. Best pokemon moment ever =)

dddevious

I remember just throwing dozens of Ultraballs at the dude the first time I played through the game because I wasted my Masterball on one of the three legendary birds. It wasn't too hard, all it took was getting his HP down to the point where catching him was a possibility and then chucking dozens of balls at him.

Cryptic Blaze

Blinded by the light
I have caught Mewtwo in Blue version with a Great Ball once. I had already used the Master Ball on one of the legendary birds so I had to spam Ultra Balls at it, but after I had used all 30 of them up I had only a couple of Poke Balls and Great Balls left. I was so glad when he stayed in that one Great Ball.

Ludicepop!

I live in hoenn.
You can catch mewtwo with a pokeball but think my post is useless because you probably know the answer by now.

yukamina

I guess I was lucky. I forgot to stock up on balls/take out my masterball before I went into the cave, and used all but 4 Ultraballs catching other pokemon in there. I didn't want to leave to get more balls, though, so I just saved in front of Mewtwo. First time, I couldn't catch it and resetted. Second time I caught it with the first throw. Both times it paralyzed with low HP.
I found the birds fairly easy to catch too. Way easier than catching the legendary dogs and ho-oh in Heart Gold.

KeshanAmare

The Dark Shadow
It's possible. Definitely. I caught my Rayquaza in Emerald with 1 Poké Ball. It had full HP. Talk about lucky. And no, I'm not lying. Honest truth. It does seem pretty unbelievable though. I didn't believe it myself at first.

Try getting Mewtwo's health down below 1/4 of it's health. That's the amount of health that makes it easiest to catch. :)

ForteAnly

Same here. I caught mine with an Ultra Ball. I remember I caught Mewtwo with a regular poke ball once in Yellow Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.