• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible Transfer with Pokemon Bank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here, we talk about our thoughts about the possibility of connecting with Pokemon Bank or with future titles.

Are there any Pokemon you would like to store for the future? How about that Golbat that you want to evolve? Maybe you want to evolve Poliwhirl differently.

Also, how do you think it will work (assuming it will)? Do you think it will be a straight deposit, or work like the transporter method for Gen V and Virtual Console games?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...Trading__And_Do_They_Connect_To_Pokemon_Bank_

The Question was brought to Masuda, and he said he couldn't answer.

gamespot said:
Masuda confirmed that you will be able to trade Pokemon between the Let's Go games. Transferring Pokemon from Go only works in the one direction. When asked about Pokemon Bank, he said he could not comment; he also did not comment on whether the Let's Go games would be compatible with present or future Pokemon games.

SleepingGiant

Discord mod (Sudo)
Bank will be compatible with gen 8. That's the whole point in bank. It's the catch-all solution to storing and transferring pokemon between all your Pokemon games.

However, Let's Go is not a generation 8 game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Bank will be compatible with gen 8. That's the whole point in bank. It's the catch-all solution to storing and transferring pokemon between all your Pokemon games.

However, Let's Go is not a generation 8 game.
That wasn't want I was getting at. I was making a thread about transferring assuming Let's Go can communicate with Pokemon Bank. I know Generation 8 will.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If that was so then LGPE will have more value in the reason to get it. It will allow a healthy supply of extra Pokémon from these games especially in Pokémon GO when the player has to catch a lot of Pokémon of the same evolutionary line to farm candies and at least put these Pokémon to use by transfer.

SleepingGiant

Discord mod (Sudo)
You might want to change the "Generation 8" stuff then because it's misleading and everyone who comes to this thread will see the title and first post and not your clarification reply.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I feel like I would train a Poliwag, evolve it, and then shortly after, "abandoning" it so I can evolve it into the 'toed.

I think this would likely work with Pokemon transporter, as the scope of all Pokemon in this game is limited. Transporter has worked like a one way street.

I wonder if Mega Evolutions will be a thing. It can make a difference for Pokemon such as Beedrill.

I'm really curious to hear more about this aspect of the games.

Ariki

What would be really cool is if they integrated minigames into Pokemon Bank for the Pokemon stored there (think Poke Pelago). It’d turn Bank into a game, and I wouldn’t feel as guilty for leaving Pokemon in the bank...

BCVM22

Bank is a cloud-based storage utility. Remember that nothing is stored locally on your system - it's all in their cloud servers. Minigames would mean the app constantly has to pull Pokémon data from those servers in real time - that's a lot of unnecessary hassle and data that would serve no purpose besides trying to turn a storage utility into a game, which it was never meant to be.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
From what I gather only the first 151 are even programmed into the game, of course the rest might be added via free dlc (I hope) but by the looks of it we'll have to wait until the 2019 game to transfer.

Orphalesion

Well can't the Pokemon from the virtual console titles be transferred to Pokemon Bank as well? So i can see it being possible for LGPE Pokemon to be transferred into the Bank as well, you just wouldn't be able to put any of the later Pokemon into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.