• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post A Scene!

gorgonfish

ribbit-ribbit
Something from the next chapter of Indigo, which should have been out months ago... I have no idea if people will like this or if it'd be better to just have a normal first rival battle.

We spread out on the path, about 20 ft apart, and stared each other down.

“We count to three,” Blue said.

“On three or after three?”

“What does it matter?”

“I don’t want you to cheat,” I said.

He sighed. “On three.”

“One.” Hands grasped pokeballs.

“Two.” A soft tug, they left the belt.

“Three.” Two beams of red light shot out to meet at our feet.

Coal shook the drowsiness from his mind and glanced around. When his eyes found me he waddled over and nudged my leg. His small arms waved toward his mouth.

“Hey Coal. I’ll give you something to eat, but first can you fight that squirtle?”

He didn’t understand any of it.

I pretended to pick something up and place it in my mouth. Then I pointed to Blue and his pokemon. Coal turned his eyes toward them and his expression tightened. A deep rumbling issued from his throat.

Blue yelled, “Charge, Tide!”

I guffawed. That was a stupid name.

The two pokemon now saw each other and their actions were locked. One took a step forward and the other did too. One made a sound and it was repeated back. They stopped for a moment when only a few feet separated them, then ran at each other and fell to the ground in a mass of twisting bodies.

“Coal, scratch at its face!”

“Smash it with your shell, Tide!”

“Whip your tail at it!”

“Uppercut! Uppercut!”

The truth was neither of our pokemon was listening to us. Why should they? Back then we thought capturing them in pokeballs made them domesticated. It was more like a calming agent, when it worked at all.

We both stared as the charmander and squirtle rolled around fighting to see which would end up on top. It took us a good minute to figure out what was going on.

“They’re playing,” Blue screamed.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Been a while here...

This is from a Kill la Kill one-shot I have planned, but haven't really touched for a week. Thought I might as well show off what I got here.

---

The moment Ryuko woke up, she knew something was off. There was something heavier about the atmosphere than normal, but it had little to do with the number of bodies in the room. The Mankanshokus remained deep asleep, the same as they were when they tucked in that night, and the sky was still dark. Her mind was caught on a blank, remembering it had not been that long since they went to bed, though with a lack of a clock in the room and Mako's watch out of reach, she had to mentally guess the hour.

She let out a quiet huff through her nose, blinking up at the ceiling. It did not feel like she had been asleep that long, she could not sense any remnants of a dream she might have had. She questioned herself if something was weighing on her mind, but she did not feel bothered by anything. She had also made sure to go to the toilet prior to bed, and Sakuyo's food had thus far sat well with her stomach. Even the bath not long ago had given her the relaxation she needed after a long day at the academy.

Has to be one of those restless nights, she shrugged off, mouth curled to the side. Inhaling deeply, she stretched herself out and focused on a dark corner of the room, willing herself to drift off.

And there came a wet prickle between her legs.

Eyes shooting back open, she lifted up the blanket to resentfully find Guts had stuck his head into her crotch, panting heavily and tail wagging.

“You dirty mutt, get off of me!”

The blushing dog went flying from a kick, ricocheting off the ceiling and landing head-first into Mataro's abdomen. A guttural yelp bellowed out of his open mouth, eyes ripping through the sleep mask. He growled down at the canine, “Dammit, this is the third time this month! What's gotten into ya, Guts?!”

With an audible popping sound, Sakuyo sat up to loom over them, her eyes still closed yet appeared to gleam. “It's that time...” she ominously said, her voice husky as her face fell into shadow.

Mataro and Guts quickly dove back into the covers, leaving Ryuko to stare up at the still-growing woman in confusion. “Sorry I woke you up, ma'am,” she muttered out, scratching the back of her head.

When she turned to face her, the young adult felt a chill run down her spine. The already-heavy atmosphere weighed down on her shoulders and lungs as Sakuyo tossed the blankets off when she stood. Shockwaves rolled through the room, distorting the floor and flinging her family into the four corners—where they kept on snoring. Hair windswept and eyes dry, Ryuko continued to stare, slowly reaching for her blanket and pillow.

Still in a gruff tone, Sakuyo whispered, “Come with me,” and roughly clasped the girl’s shoulders.

With superhuman strength, the woman whisked her away out through the front door before she could react. Glancing around, she watched as Sakuyo—still in her nightgown and nightcap—pulled out a ladder to rest against the house and climbed up onto the roof. Still confused, Ryuko followed, only to nearly fall over with a surprised yell when a door swung open before her, flooding the rooftop and the street with light.

“You can come in, Ryuko, dear!” her voice called sweetly.

Smoothing down her hair and tugging up her pajama bottoms, she stepped over the final rung. “What’s going on, ma’am?” she asked, poking her head around the door.

To her utmost disbelief and several double takes to restore her eyesight, Ryuko thought she was looking into a hotel room. There was an actual queen-sized bed, leather furniture, red velvet carpet, a window with a nice view the town framed by silk curtains, fluffy white hand towels, and a silver mirror overlooking a large porcelain sink and counter snug between two other doors. Without stepping further in to take a look, she had an educated guess there was a functioning toilet and a shower behind them, respectively.

“Wha… wha… what’s all this?!” she scarcely caught herself from exclaiming, though it came out as a wheeze.

Sakuyo giggled, twirling in place and spreading her arms out in a sparkly gesture. “Beautiful Woman of Paradise!” she announced with pride, throwing her head back as she arched.

Silence abruptly fell upon them, the two frozen in place.

“...huh?”

A smile still on her face, Sakuyo took Ryuko by the hand and led her further inside. “This is paradise, dear, accessible for one week per month. Here, feel the bed, it's like it just came out of the dryer.” She pressed her hand palm-down onto the mattress, then continued, growing more passionate with every breath, “In a household of men, a woman needs her place where she can feel like a woman. A place where she can escape to her fantasies, away from the stress of the world to enjoy womanhood to its purest form. A place where she can fulfill her wants and desires to her heart’s content when her husband fails to meet her needs. This… is her paradise!

Sliding into her line-of-sight, Ryuko hesitantly pointed at the bureau. “Uh, should I look in those drawers?”

“I just remembered they need new batteries,” she said, still smiling and handing her an unopened package.

She nearly dropped them. “WHAT!”

Sakuyo gestured to the sink. “There is an unopened stash down in the cabinets you can freely use.”

Shaking her head vigorously, the girl stammered, “N-No, ma’am, I’m not into that!”

Her eyes opened in thought. “Oh? I take it you’re a napkin user, then?”

“Yes! What? Uh, no, um, anything works for me.” Ryuko blinked at the woman, tilting her head in inquiry. “What’s going on, again? Why are you showing me this place?”

The cabinet doors then creaked open, revealing in beams of light stacks of feminine hygiene products. She gaped down at the stash, taking in the packets of different sizes and brands. Glancing up at the mirror at the sound of another squeak, she noticed the medicine cabinet opened as well, full to the brim with painkillers and vitamins.

“I can tell from your stunned silence you’ll feel right at home here,” the woman cheerfully stated from behind. “Want me to bring your things up?”

Slowly, Ryuko cranked her head to look, still gawking at the widening smile growing on her face. While she was not willing to admit it out-loud, and it was most likely because it was late at night, she was getting weirded out. Secretly, she hoped it was a dream, and she would wake up like normal and quickly forget about it. But after being with the Mankanshokus for a few weeks, she knew better than to think like that.

SableVulpi

Here To Review
Something story related. Chapter 45 to be precise.

-

“Hear me, Erebus. Take us to you. I beg of you, take us into your cold grasp!”

“As you wish.”

There was a flash of light, and then an endless number of black, wispy tendrils shot out of the forest entrance and snaked their way along the ground. An icy sensation came over each of the Pokemon, numbing their fervor completely. Their hearts stopped dead in their chests.

“My dear puppets, I will shelter you from these ones who threaten to kill you.”

The tentacles wrapped around Terron, Novus, Zekra, Zeverous, Yimtri, and Chloe’s bodies in an instant. A suffocating, horrific chill coursed through each one of them as Erebus tightened its grip around their shuddering forms. Any will to struggle was instantly eradicated by the all-consuming dread that wormed deep into their minds and souls. They could only remain motionless.

The remaining tentacles swatted the assailants away, flinging them across the ground and leaving deep cuts along their bodies.

“I will save you.”

Then, with a swift pull, the six ensnared Pokémon were dragged into Erebus Woods.

Last edited:

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
This is a random part of a short-story I started writing. Enjoy!

The air was cold and still, not a single thing stirred. There was no sound, no movement, no life. The sky was filled with smoke, the smoke of death. Ash fell from the sky, accumulating on the ground. Everything had been completely and utterly demolished. All that remained were ruined buildings and heaps of rubble.

No life could live in this landscape, for the radiation could kill instantly. Across the ruins was a large river, connected to a once great city. This city had once been one of the largest ever known, home to buildings that could pierce the sky and a huge park.

What is left is something that looks like it could be out of a nightmare. Everything in a half-a-mile wide circle stretches out of from the ground, all pointing towards and spiraling around a singular speck. It was as if something had pulled everything into an infinitesimal point in the sky, high above the city.

The disturbing silence was ended by a series of loud clunks. Moving its way across the desolated landscape was a metallic beast, a large chunk of metal moving on four bulky robotic legs. It sprouted a large device on its head, a laser that could cut through nearly anything. On its sides were missile launchers that were ready to fire at a moment’s notice.

A cone shaped object pierced through the clouds and crashed into the river, sending out a large splash. The cone separated into four shielded segmented legs, attached to a single robotic head. It raised it front legs out of the water, and climbed onto the shore. The tank aimed its laser at the robotic enemy and fired.

The robot reverted back into its cone shape and dug straight into the ground, reappearing behind the tank. The tank launched a barrage of missiles at the robot, which joined two of its legs together to shield itself. The tank took this opportunity and cut the robot’s front legs in have, sending it crashing to the ground. A final blast from the laser to the robot’s head took it out.

The tank continued its inspection of the area, when three more cones came out of the sky, crashing once again into the river. They began wading upstream, nearing the edge of the radiation field. Using four jets on its underside the tank leapt into the air, and hovered down closer the robots. Unlike the one that was just destroyed⎯ about as tall as a 3-story building— these ones were taller than most skyscrapers. The tank readied its weapons and fired. Barely any damage was done to the head, and the robots kept on moving.

Three small drones came out of the tank and flew in near the robots. They each went to a different robot, and began drilling into the heads. They dropped small explosives into the hole, and flew away. The bombs detonated, and the robots collapsed into the river.

Once again, more cones came from the sky. When they emerged from the water, they focused on the tank. It was outnumbered and had no chance of survival, and was swiftly demolished when the leg of one of the robots came crashing down on it. The robots drilled into the ground and left the area, leaving the tank to become part of the ruins.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Here's me attempting to write out something from an unwritten Zelda fanfic that I've been thinking up for over two years on the spot that's sort of half-planned in my head.

What was just happening...? Oh yeah, I think I got knocked out, or something. Ouch. I wonder what the others are thinking right now...?
All I see is endless purpleness... This must be my subconscious again - my crazy, messed up subconscious. I didn't understand most of it...
"Hello, human," an echoy voice said. That must be that weird translucent version of me again, who is apparently my subconscious personified. "Well, it seems like the time has come... I suppose I should tell you who I am."
"Yeah," I muttered. "You've already said so a thousand times."
"But, well, child," my personified subconscious said. "There's a lot about you that you don't know. But don't worry - you don't have amnesia or something, at least not in the mortal sense."
"Mortal...?"
At once, the translucent figure flickered. "I am the you that you have forgotten." He transformed into a different, but still humanoid, shape, which seemed... oddly familiar.
"Wait... are you... so that's what they... Have I seen this somewhere before...?"
There was something oddly familiar about the guy he transformed into. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
This is a scene that will be appearing in Chapter 6 of my fic, The Cosmic Voyage. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------

Catherine stepped out of the lander shaking. The rough landing shook her up quite a bit, and a few times she thought they would crash. Luckily that fantasy did not come true. She examined the alien landscape in front of her through the spacesuit visor. Her group’s lander landed near a strange purple forest. What creatures could live there?

“So, are you ready to start exploring?” Catherine’s Jirachi, Kial asked.

“Yup!” Catherine said happily, getting over her fear of the lander crashing. “Here we go!”

She began running into the forest while Kial trailed behind her. For a second Catherine looked behind her and saw Dan in the distance, his Jirachi following him. He appeared to be walking towards a tall mountain in the distance, which was so tall it appeared to extend into space. Turning around, she continued her exploration of the forest.

Suddenly a Pokemon leapt at her. This creature had a gray slug-like body with a flat circular head, its three black eyes staring at her.

Catherine then threw out her pokemon. “Go, Zap!” she shouted. After her Blitzle was sent out, she told him, “Use quick attack!”

Zap charged at the alien and smashed it at lighting fast speeds. The alien then leapt at Zap twice, knocking him back.

SableVulpi

Here To Review
Something I'm writing because it's been on my mind all day. And because I'm intoxicated with emotions.

I stand beside you at the beginning of this road that lays before us. It is a long and arduous road, I know that much for certain. It winds through the seemingly endless forest, disappearing far from our view and into the darkness. I do not see the setting sun's light shine through the dense trees. And for just a moment, I do not want to go down this path. Despite how long I have waited to begin my journey, I have second thoughts.

But then, I see you look behind us. I do the same. Not far behind us, I see two figures; two of our closest companions who have been with us through so many years of our lives. They are waving to us with pleasant smiles on their faces. Though it must hurt to see the two of us leave them, they are still wishing us the best of luck. They are still cheering us on.

"Don't worry about us!" one of them calls. "We'll be alright!"

"You two have been taking care of us for so long now; now it's your turn to take care of yourselves!" the other adds.

I find I can only wave back at them. There are no words to express the feelings sprouting up in my heart right now. You do the same.

Our companions bid us their farewells and fade into the horizon. You and I watch them leave for just a moment longer before we look at each other.

"It's time to get going," you say.

"Do you think we'll be okay?" I ask meekly. "I mean, I know you and I both of us have been on this path before, but it's still pretty terrifying."

"It is," you reply. "But, we have to take this road if we want to be happy, don't we? Even if it's a long and tiring road, it's the way to happiness. So even if it's hard, just remember that once we get to the light at the end, things will be much better than they were originally."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I say. "We've done so much to prepare for this anyway; there's no point in turning back now. Just... promise me that we'll be there for each other through this. I don't want to be alone."

You laugh. I feel myself smile as a warm feeling fills my chest.

"Promise."

And then, without looking back, the two of us began our long journey, side by side.

Last edited:

Garch0mp0utrage

SemiPokemonUnMaster
@SableVulpi: man, you really write well! I usually don't have much of an attention span when it comes to long paragraphs, but yours was pretty good!

anyways here goes... I'm trying to practice for a story I'll be writing soon (or more or less, writing currently). If you have any suggestions about how I write, pretty please let me know. xD

---

Ken Roberts had a good day at work. Things began to look up in his life, his new salary, and a good new job. His time in college was finally over and he could live life to the fullest after all those years of hard work. Things were looking up for him.

In fact, everything was going well, too well almost. After he had his appointment, His doctor told him that the nagging pain in his side was nothing, and that it would disappear in a few weeks. His health looked superb, better than ever before, and his time in the gym began to show. He even felt a little bit sexy, if he could say so for himself.

Ken was on his way to Barbara's house. Sweet Barbara, always kind and loving. He had met her in college, and known her for 6 years. She really did love him for who he was, and not for wealth or looks. Barbara had good looks and wealth too. They were the perfect pair. In fact, Ken was planning to propose to Barbara very soon now. What better time than now, when he was feeling his greatest?

Ken was abruptly forced out of his daydreaming when he heard and felt a large rumble in the Earth.

"Is that... An earthquake?" He wondered out loud, there was nobody else around, but the trees shook and earth rumbled.

However, the realization of what it really was made Ken's heart drop.

A huge beast had emerged through the horizon with teeth as large Ken's hands and a head larger than his entire body. It had four legs with the width of oak trees, a body as big as a house, and a giant tail that looked it could knock over a house.

Ken screamed and started to run for life, but the creature growled and dashed after him, since he was the only moving thing in sight. Ken barely had time to react when the monster pounded on top of him, put his paw on Ken's body, all the while growling viciously. In seconds, the beast had Ken in his mouth, and was violently twisting him around with such a velocity that--

Pop!

Ken's head tore from his neck, and in the few seconds his head flew through the air, he watched as his body was ripped apart by the monster, limb from limb.

But Ken didn't die. His head simply rolled around for a bit. He had expected for his vision to go blurry and eventually disappear from blood-loss, but that never happened.

Or was it that he already died?

At that moment, a bipedal creature that vaguely resembled Barbara, even bigger than the beast that beheaded Ken and eviscerated the rest of his body, came out of nowhere, crying and screaming at the dog. It looked like a girl, only, it couldn't be a girl, because to Ken she looked as though she was over 300 feet tall.

"Fido! FIDO!!" She screamed at the monster. The monster, who was just as surprised as Ken was, stopped and whimpered as it fled out of Ken's sight. It was hard to keep sight of something when you had to look through eyes on a decapitated head.

At that moment an even larger creature, similar to the bipedal one, cam into Ken's sight. She, at least Ken assumed it was a 'she' over the resemblance it had with the smaller creature and with Barbara, began comforting the other creature, who was crying and whining very unpleasantly.

"Fido ate my Barbie man-doll!" the smaller creature whined annoyingly. Man-doll? Was she referring to him? What was this... this creature doing, talking as if she owned Ken? Before Ken could assess the situation, the larger creature began gathering his body parts, which were scattered across the ground.

"It's alright sweety, everything will be fine. I'll go out to the store to get you another one."

Last edited:

Razor Wind

The Heartless Absol
This seems to be a perfect place for me to improve my writing, since I'm allowed to flow all the random gibberish lingering in my mind into words without having to feel weird. So here goes,
This "Frozen" scene I'm about to post will not be in my fanfic in the future, meanwhile, bear in mind that it's completely capricious. Now, without further ado:

Do you believe in the Legend of the Royal Elements of Arendelle? It is said that some royal members of Arendelle have superhuman powers of different elements. One notable example was, axiomatically, Elsa, the Snow Queen. She used to struggle to manipulate her ice abilities. So much had happened in the past. Fortunately, she reached the answer to controlling her powers, the magic of true love. She also successfully freed Arendelle from eternal winter. However, Anna must wonder. Was true love really the key to melt a frozen heart? What if it’s something else more powerful than true love? What if the fact that true love could thaw a frozen heart was false?

“Do you want to build a snowman?”

“Don’t you want to build a snowman with me?”

“I will burn down every single snowman you build…”

The conflagration had completely demolished the dilapidated town. Countless innocents had perished. Umpteen assets rendered ramshackle. The mad woman had gotten away successfully, leaving all of the townspeople wailing in despair, abandoning the town without an iota of consideration, and forsaking everyone who'd ever loved her. Who was responsible for this disaster? Who was willing to be blamed for this turmoil? No one could answer that, because those who were supposedly blameworthy for this mayhem had met their makers.

It was spring. The street was filled with multitudinous sakura-petals of pink. The sisters walked side by side, enjoying this picturesque scenery. The younger, blonde with slightly whitish braids, turned to her sister and said,

“I can’t believe the world outside of Arendelle is so wide! These sakura trees are beautifuller than any other types of flowers I’ve seen!”

The elder, beautiful, elegant, with her whitish platinum long hair tied into a long braid, replied with a smile, “Beautifuller? I guess you haven’t changed much after all, Anna.”

“What’chu mean by that? Elsa?” Anna pouted in an annoyed manner.

“Haha, no need to get angry, I was only joking!” Elsa gave out a slight laugh, as she looked at the map she’s holding. “We will be meeting with Ocean after we get to the centre this town.”

“To be honest,” Anna lowered her head, “I don’t feel secure leaving Prince Kristoff in charged or Arendelle while we’re gone.”

“Why?” Elsa gave a small smirk as she replied, “Would you rather want your husband to come along with you than me?”

“Of course not! I would want both of you to come along if it was possible!” Anna got all sullen again. “I mean, are you sure he can handle Arendelle all by himself while we’re gone?”

“I’m pretty sure he is able to maintain things the way they are, besides, we’re only leaving Arendelle for a few days.” Elsa answered with her bright, usual smile.

“If you say so…” Anna sighed as they continued to walk towards the centre of Burgess.

SableVulpi

Here To Review
???

It was cold. It was so cold and dark.

Terron wanted to open his eyes and see what was happening. He wanted to know where he was. But he couldn’t. His eyes felt so heavy, and his body similarly so. Like he was made out of lead.

Wake up.

The cold vanished. The weight bearing down upon his body melted away. The darkness gave way to light.

It was the dead of night again, the moon shining brightly high above him in the star-covered sky. Terron found himself laying along a grassy hillside. A soft breeze blew past him, causing the many blades of grass to wave back and forth along the slope. He slowly sat up and looked around, finding that there was nothing around him for miles but more endless hills.

The endless field of snow, Erebus, and all of his friends were nowhere to be found. The world felt empty. And yet, despite this, Terron didn’t feel alone. He actually felt at peace.

SableVulpi

Here To Review
???

Terron couldn’t see anything. Nothing but darkness filled the world around him, as if he had been sucked into a void of pure nothingness. He wasn’t even sure whether he was standing or simply floating in the air.

Before he could make much more sense of what was happening, a light slowly began to manifest before him. He squinted his eyes as he watched the light form into a vague figure, gaining more and more of a humanoid shape with each passing second.

Do not understand why you thought you could hide this.

Terron shuddered at the voice. Though he couldn’t recognize whose voice it was, something about it brought a sense of familiarity to him. Something was familiar in its garbled, forced voice, as if merely speaking were an entirely foreign concept to the creature…

Do not accept.

The figure standing near the former Cubone suddenly contorted, bending in ways that Terron knew were not physically possible. He watched in disgust as its body reverted into a blob, its shrill cries sounding painfully in his nonexistent ears.

No! I will not let you hurt him!

Another voice screamed this with desperation, a voice that Terron actually recognized.

That’s… Chloe’s voice. But why am I hearing her voice? What’s even going on?

The light covering the shapeless figure’s body brightened as a loud ripping sound filled the air. Then, in one quick motion, the being was torn into two, both of the halves collapsing in heaps near each other. Their screams immediately ceased. The two now had humanoid forms, both of similar size and stature. And yet, Terron couldn’t tell what they were, for they were obscured by the surrounding darkness.

One of the beings was lifted off the ground by an unseen hand, and with a flash of light, the being vanished instantly. The other being remained where it was, the blackness slowly peeling itself off the body. Terron felt numb the moment he saw the face of the creature.

It was a mask-less Cubone.

You hid the child.

And you will never find him. I will make sure of it. You can try to look through my mind, but you will not find him. He is safe from you. You cannot hurt him.

Not the same is said for you and the one left.

Terron couldn’t even flinch as Chloe’s blood-curdling screams shook the void. He could only let his mind remain frozen as he felt himself get pulled back into the darkness by cold claws.

edgehead011

this was floating around my head for my prologue

a teenage girl was standing infront of a group of people, but she wasnt a normal girl. she had been merged with yevttal the pokemon of destruction.

"how'd we get to this place?" asked a boy with a cap to himself

ASCIInerd73

User of the Internet
Just wrote this short scene as practice for a fanfic I wanted to write. I would greatly appreciate advice that could be given.

-----

I was almost there to becoming champion. The members of the Elite Four had already been beaten. Only one obstacle was left, and that was the Champion.

I walked up to the statue, and it started rising. It continued going up, and I could see a giant staircase. I walked up to the top, and there was a building. I entered, and there was a sight like what I had never seen before. There was a giant throne, with a statue of a dragon coming out of the top. Behind the dragon was a giant picture on the wall. The logo of the Pokemon League was in the center, surrounded by orbs representing the elite four. Behind that, there was a picture of a starry night sky.

As I looked back down, I saw Iris, sitting in the throne. “Ready for a battle?” she said. “I hope you’ll be better than all those trainers before you.”

“You bet I’m ready!” I said.

Immediately, we both threw pokeballs. Out of mine came my trusty Serperior, who had never lost me a battle yet. Out of Iris’s came a giant Hydreigon.

“Let’s go Hydreigon! Use Fire Blast!” Iris said to her Hydreigon.

The mouths of Hydreigon’s three heads started glowing a bright orange as it prepared to launch giant flames at Serperior. It would have dealt large amounts of damage had it hit, but I had been expecting this move. The flames were released and launched out at Serperior. All three of the giant jets of flaming gas launched straight at Serperior, but, at the last second, Serperior dodged, moving around the flames and they passed harmlessly by Serperior.

“Is that the best you can do?” I asked. “Serperior, show them what you can do!”

Serperior, still moving, gathered a bunch of energy in its mouth, and unleashed a Dragon Pulse straight at Hydreigon, who was too slow to dodge. It wasn’t that damaging due to Hydreigon’s intense strength, but it dealt some damage.

“Try using Flamethrower, Hydreigon!” Iris yelled. “Don’t give up!”

Hydreigon’s three heads started spewing out red-orange flames at Serperior. They were easy for my amazing pokemon to dodge, but it had to keep moving. It slithered around the battlefield, avoiding the three jets of flame. Eventually, I knew, Serperior would mess up and get hit, but there wasn’t anything I could do. Serperior just kept going around. Then, an idea hit me.

“Use Frenzy Plant, Serperior!”

Serperior stopped and made giant roots come out of the floor. Due to their size, the jets of flame caught them on fire, but the attack reached Hydreigon first. When the Flamethrower collided with it, the roots suddenly bursted up into a giant blaze the filled the battle field with smoke. I couldn’t see what was going on for a whole minute.

When the smoke cleared, I saw my Serperior lying on the ground, knocked out. The heat of the fire was too much for it, as I expected. Hydreigon was also lying on the ground, barely able to move. It seemed that my plan had resulted in a double KO.

Both of us threw out pokeballs again. I released my Gallade, while Iris released her Salamence.