• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post-Game wishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think that was in hgss remix. ....i can't remember thing too well now .

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think that was in hgss remix. ....i can't remember thing too well now .
You mean like that thing in HGSS/GSC where the player gets to board the SS Aqua to get to Vermillion City in Kanto? What I thought about wasn't a ship destined to drop passengers at another destination but it's more like some sort of cruise.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
If there would be post-game new locations, then that would be great.

But I just expect it to be some sort of Episode Mewtwo. A short quest of revisiting places around Kanto until we end up in the Unknown Dungeon to face Mewtwo.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I dont expect much. I hope Elite Four level up and pokemon changes.
Definitely expecting boosts to the Elite Four in terms of their Pokémon's levels and their team changes to possibly include Mega Evolutions like in ORAS. It did happen in FRLG so why not.

D

Deleted member 384931

Definitely expecting boosts to the Elite Four in terms of their Pokémon's levels and their team changes to possibly include Mega Evolutions like in ORAS. It did happen in FRLG so why not.
New pokemon, I dont think so. There are only the Kanto pokemon. Had USUM a national pokedex?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
New pokemon, I dont think so. There are only the Kanto pokemon. Had USUM a national pokedex?
There's no National Pokédex in USUM. There would be no point having a National Pokédex upgrade, which usually happens in the postgame, because there wouldn't be enough new Pokémon to even bring about one. Other than that I don't think anything will be done to the Pokédex in the postgame.

DSDark

Breeder
I dont expect much. I hope Elite Four level up and pokemon changes.

Change to what? LGPE is so limited with first 151 pokemon

But other then level changes there's very little they can change in terms of the E4's teams. Having only the first 151 is one the many things that's going to doom LGPE

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But other then level changes there's very little they can change in terms of the E4's teams. Having only the first 151 is one the many things that's going to doom LGPE
That’s what I meant by having Mega Evolutions. I can agree that they cannot do much else because of the limited Pokédex and Pokémon and the only way to give them such an upgrade is to give them Mega Evolutions in the postgame.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
That’s what I meant by having Mega Evolutions. I can agree that they cannot do much else because of the limited Pokédex and Pokémon and the only way to give them such an upgrade is to give them Mega Evolutions in the postgame.
But that is so small update and i am worried about kids would be likely to be get bored of it soon .

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But that is so small update and i am worried about kids would be likely to be get bored of it soon .
For them there wouldn’t be too much of an emphasis on the postgame because they will likely won’t rush the main story like us. There are still other ways to produce an exciting postgame to make up for the lack of Pokémon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Wulava said:
But I just expect it to be some sort of Episode Mewtwo. A short quest of revisiting places around Kanto until we end up in the Unknown Dungeon to face Mewtwo.

As long as we get more material involving Mewtwo's origin story, I'd be fine with something like this. Mew being heavily involved and possibly catchable in these games would be neat as well.

PirateKing

Change to what? LGPE is so limited with first 151 pokemon

I think it has potential to be the opposite. Having only the first 151 could let Gamefreak have much more leeway in implementing them in different areas. For example, rather than working on one new feature, and having to incorporating 800+ mons into it, they can make 5 features since they only have to work with a fraction of what they normally do.
It also lets each mon get much more attention individually, like for example, imagine if every single fully evolved mon got their own sidequest dedicated to them, or a feature where we can boss battle them like Totem Mons, or every single mon gets atleast one named and relevent NPC who use them on their teams, or we get new alternate forms for some of the more forgotten and unpopular ones. The kinds of things that just arent possible nowdays with so many.

Obvisously I'd love to see all 800+ here with a National Dex, but If its only the first 151, that forces Gamefreak to get really creative with how they're gonna use them, and that could bring in some potentially great new features that would have been too much of a workload otherwise.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
or a feature where we can boss battle them like Totem Mons, or every single mon gets atleast one named and relevent NPC who use them on their teams, or we get new alternate forms for some of the more forgotten and unpopular ones. The kinds of things that just arent possible nowdays with so many.
I would definitely like some sort of Totem Pokémon battle in the postgame to add onto the emphasis on adventure. Like the Totem Pokémon in Gen 7, they could still have stat boosts that make them tougher to defeat. I don’t think they’ll have new forms outside of Alolan forms.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Even if you include Alolan forms Bruno will get the short end of the stick as the only Fighting-type Mega Evolution within the original 151 is Mega Mewtwo X and none of Alolan forms are Fighting-type. Meanwhile all the other Elite Four can get an update to their teams reflecting the new mechanics, there may be no Ice-type Kanto Mega Evolutions for Lorelei but her team could still get an Alolan Ninetales/Sandslash.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Even if you include Alolan forms Bruno will get the short end of the stick as the only Fighting-type Mega Evolution within the original 151 is Mega Mewtwo X and none of Alolan forms are Fighting-type. Meanwhile all the other Elite Four can get an update to their teams reflecting the new mechanics, there may be no Ice-type Kanto Mega Evolutions for Lorelei but her team could still get an Alolan Ninetales/Sandslash.
True though. Either so one of his Pokémon would get a huge level boost if no new Fighting Mega gets introduced.

PirateKing

I think what could happen for rematches is Gym Leaders and Elite 4 could use varients of their rosters from Pokemon Stadium, those were full teams and they even used outside their specific types like Diamond/Pearl did. It could give them good variety and coverage.
Brock used a Ninetails and Golbat to match his anime counterpart, Misty used an Exegguctor caus the palm tree matched her water theme and Golduck for anime, Giovanni used Persian, etc.
Some of their rosters were a little odd but they can adjust as need be, and they was certianly a pretty tough even with decent rentals teams.

Bruno used Kangaskan in Stadium 2, which can be his Mega here.

Status
Not open for further replies.