• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post-Game wishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
What do you wish for the post game?

Personally,
I hope there is an orange islands in this game. Especially with the whole island theme GF has been exploring the past generation.

The Orange islands would be a perfect addition to this game and I think it’s the biggest opportunity Gamefreak missed when making Fire Red and Soul Silver. Also obviously rematches please.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'd like more areas to explore or areas that can be accessible after you beat E4 to possibly catch fully-evolved Pokémon without having the necessity to trade. VS. Seeker to battle and train Pokémon as throwing PokéBall, or using the Gyro Controller in handheld mode, would be boring in long-term; else, E4 and the Champion are the only trainers you could battle in the entire game.

I'm interested to see some post-game story, whether short or not, but different than any other in Yellow. An Island like Sevii, challenges based on capture, mini-games like the ones Pikachu chasing the protagonist, and a Battle Facility.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would definitely want postgame locations where the player will challenge harder Trainers to improve their battling skills. A decently-sized island to explore would be good to allow some replay value for the postgame and I would also like a postgame story to be integrated with the islands in some part. Maybe it could even lead to the player catching Mewtwo at the end because the postgame story could revolve around it.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'd like the return of the Sevii Isles, a post-game heavy story featuring the Elite Four as the villains/bosses (based off the Pokemon Adventures Yellow Arc) that puts everything you know to your limits, a Gym Leader Castle for rematches (or at least have the fighting dojo available for Gym Leader Rematches), Prof. Oak as a former Pokemon Champion boss and maybe a character that represent Johto comesby and challenges you to a battle hinting 3D Johto Let's Go remakes!

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I'd like the return of the Sevii Isles, a post-game heavy story featuring the Elite Four as the villains/bosses (based off the Pokemon Adventures Yellow Arc) that puts everything you know to your limits, a Gym Leader Castle for rematches (or at least have the fighting dojo available for Gym Leader Rematches), Prof. Oak as a former Pokemon Champion boss and maybe a character that represent Johto comesby and challenges you to a battle hinting 3D Johto Let's Go remakes!

Ah a Gym Leader castle would be quite excellent. Or better yet, a Pokémon World Tournament in full fledged 3D!

I’d like them to also bring back the Villa players got in Platinum or some sort of variant of it.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The game looks so bare bones in terms of content that I'll welcome almost anything (other than another battle maison/tree BS). Ideally in terms of choice, I'd like if Mewtwo's story is expanded and linked with Giovanni and Team Rocket, some gym leader rematches with stronger teams, a whole new area to explore, like Sevii Islands or even Orange Islands, and something like a battle frontier/PWT.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
1. Gym Rematches
- Not just battling the gym leaders, but the taking on the gyms themselves. Increased levels, fully evolved pokemon, the works. That would be awesome.

2. Gen 2 Foreshadowing
- Another interesting thing I'd like to see would be references in the post-game to the events of Gen 2, such as Koga receiving an invitation to join the Elite Four, or the Magnet Train beginning construction. Just seeing tidbits like that would be absolutely astounding.

3. The Return of the S.S. Anne
- Being able to only board the S.S. Anne once has always been a bother to me. What would be awesome is if we were able to board it more than once, even if it was literally only once a year, as referenced in the games. Just being able to board it again, and maybe even get a small ride out of it, would be lovely.

4. Mt. Silver
- I know it's really a Gen 2 thing, but I would love to be able to travel to Mt. Silver. I always enjoyed traveling to and climbing Mt. Silver in Gold & Silver, so it would be nice to have it return in Let's GO.

5. Battle Frontier
- Yes, I know this is something that has a 0.1% chance of happening, but dang it I would love if the Battle Frontier made a shocking return in Let's GO. I loved it in Emerald and Platinum, and I just want to see it again. Again, wishful thinking, but I can dream. lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Prof Oak explaining why he was a champion and fight him. Some anime easter eggs and maybe battle Ash. Would be awesome and logical since Yellow is based a bit on the anime

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
2. Gen 2 Foreshowing
- Another interesting thing I'd like to see would be references in the post-game to the events of Gen 2, such as Koga receiving an invitation to join the Elite Four, or the Magnet Train beginning construction. Just seeing tidbits like that would be absolutely astounding.
That very much.

Also, I'd very much like to visit Lorelei if we happen to get Sevii Islands or sorts, where her house is located in FRLG. She might even say she is considering to leave E4 for 'insert a personal reason' referencing her retirement in Generation II.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I also think some Johto foreshadowing would be interesting. Like in similar fashion to SM for Kanto.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, looking forward to how Johto foreshadowing will be implemented in these games. Maybe they could foreshadow the next region like the Strange Souvenir in X and Y. I expect it will be very minimalistic.

PirateKing

Literally I just want 2 things. First is for Sevii Islands to either come back, or get reimagined as something like Orange Islands. Those islands are among the biggest reasons I love FRLG so much! They added so many kinds of locations like Volcanoes, Ruins, Ice Caves, Forests, Canyons, Seas, etc. that gave Kanto a world of variety.

I think a redesign could be more like likely since a part of the Sevii Islands focuses on Johto Pokemon (Like the Ruins where you could find Unown, and the Team Rocket Hideout where you battle the Admins from Gen 2) and they would probably change the story about finding the Ruby and Sapphire to interact with other games.
But hey, if they do redesign them from scratch that brings a whole ton of possibilities for new locations and new adventures!
I would even be ok if it was less islands instead of 7, as long as they're huge and as diverse as Sevii were.

Second thing is some kind of Gym Leader Castle/Battle Tree, where we can battle tons of Special trainers like Gym Leaders, Rival, Cameo Trainers, Blue, Red, etc.
Gen 1 never had any sort of Battle Tower equivalent or Gym Leader Rematches, so this is the perfect time to give it one!
I want these games to really have that "I wanna be the Very Best, Like no one ever was" feeling, and theres no better way than letting me duke it out against all those characters.

Most previous gens usually copy/pasted features (Trainer Hill in 3, Battle frontier in 4, Maison in 6,) so it would be nice to see some of the stuff from USUM here. things like Sidequests, Surfing Game, Collectathons like Mega Stones/Zygarde Cells/Totems stickers, and mini games like a Photo Club would be cool ways to flesh it out, while Gen 8 can expand upon the hardcore battle centric ones like Battle Frontier and PWT.
(Like give us Gym Leader Castle in LGPE, and expand it into the PWT next gen since the base will already be established here)

Icup

I just want the post game to be lenghty and to have lots of areas to explore.

Matt-kun

ナマコブシ 最高のポケモン
I wouldn't be surprised if the only post game content we get is Cerulean Cave, like it was in RBY, I'm not expecting much.

But since we're visiting Kanto for like the 5th time, I'd like to access parts of Johto, like Tohjo Falls and Mt Silver. Battle Tower or something like that would be great. Maybe something like Sevii Islands or a spot or two where we can catch Alolan Pokemon.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'd love to see the Sevii Islands again, they were my favourite thing about FireRed/LeafGreen. They also should bring at least one battle facility back (Trainer Tower doesn't count).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wouldn't be surprised if the only post game content we get is Cerulean Cave, like it was in RBY, I'm not expecting much.
I would personally expect more than Cerulean Cave because the game would be pretty bare bones by just having it. It’s just not enough to only have Cerulean Cave.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I have a feeling that you are going to go the st. Anna after you beating the main game storyline and battle Green and Red .....again like sun and moon games and maybe just MAYBE that you could going to do sevii island again like the Frlg games.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have a feeling that you are going to go the st. Anna after you beating the main game storyline and battle Green and Red .....again like sun and moon games and maybe just MAYBE that you could going to do sevii island again like the Frlg games.
It would be good if we got to go back to the St. Anne once again in the postgame so that at least the player can collect lost items there and rematch Trainers there. It would also be nice if we got to battle Red or Blue there. I think that the St. Anne can only be boarded in certain times of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.