• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post-Kalos League Filler Arc Idea

LizardonX

Banned
Can we just not have a filler arc.

Just end sixth gen with the league.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Can we just not have a filler arc.

Just end sixth gen with the league.

That would be nice, but at this point it's unlikely.

Ash now has 6th badges. Even if they slowed down the remainder of the Kalos Badge Quest, it's more than possible he'll have it finished before the year is out (or early next year)

With that we'd need a lot of filler or several arcs to drag out the Kalos Saga for the remainder of the generation at this point.

I have the feeling the producers have something up their sleeve, but I'm not sure the Kalso Saga will be able to last all of XY...

Sprinter1988

Ash needs something somewhat important to do. It's been over a decade since he defeated the Kanto Battle Frontier and has won nothing major since. He desperately needs some kind of victory soon.

LizardonX

Banned
That would be nice, but at this point it's unlikely.

Ash now has 6th badges. Even if they slowed down the remainder of the Kalos Badge Quest, it's more than possible he'll have it finished before the year is out (or early next year)

With that we'd need a lot of filler or several arcs to drag out the Kalos Saga for the remainder of the generation at this point.

I have the feeling the producers have something up their sleeve, but I'm not sure the Kalso Saga will be able to last all of XY...

Didn't it take Ash a year to get his sunnyshore city badge? What's to say they can't do that twice?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Didn't it take Ash a year to get his sunnyshore city badge? What's to say they can't do that twice?
If they do pull that, then they'd need to churn out the TF/Alain plot and move Serena further along in her Showcases in that time period as well as some dedicated training arcs because 1 year isn't going to fly without major plotlines happening in-between. I actually wouldn't mind a year gap if the plot was pushed in then, as it'd alos give Ash's Pokemon ample time to reach their peaks.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If they do pull that, then they'd need to churn out the TF/Alain plot and move Serena further along in her Showcases in that time period as well as some dedicated training arcs because 1 year isn't going to fly without major plotlines happening in-between. I actually wouldn't mind a year gap if the plot was pushed in then, as it'd alos give Ash's Pokemon ample time to reach their peaks.

Yeah I agree. I can't see it being one year of filler as that would probably kill the series imo. I'm guessing if we do get a year gap then most of it should have plotlines; maybe even alot of Serena stuff.

I would like a post league battle frontier-like arc after the Kalos league though tbh, as long as it's not like DA and Serena gets as much focus as May did in the Battle Frontier series.

Personally, I think an arc focusing on Team Flare, Xerneas/Yveltal and Mega Evolution would be cool. However, seeing as Alain is present in the intro and Wulfric is not, it seems possible such an arc will air before Ash earns his eight badge. However, hopefully the writers will do this justice. With the correct build-up, this could preoccupy a fair amount of weeks.

I'd find yet another OO/DA rip-off to be quite jarring considering we just had one at the end of last region.

Sinnoh Battle Frontier would be interesting and could take some time off our hands, but seeing how it wasn't used to promote HG/SS (which actually did have this exact Battle Frontier, too) it will most likely be used as the arc for Sinnoh Remakes.

Maybe we could travel back to Hoenn? After all, we travelled to Kanto for FR/LG. The Sinnoh Arc did drag on for a while, so it is excused as to why Johto wasn't featured, but Hoenn also required time to be killed. But the thing is.. What would they do there? Serena could try her hand at Contests, I guess? But that would leave Ash with nothing to do, and I think we're all tired of contests after May and Dawn.

Possibly, we could get something completely anime-exclusive to bide time, or we'll be getting a lot of filler episodes post-League.

Either that or they can push the league to the end of the series by making Ash fully evolve every Dragon-Type then release it whilst slowly replacing each member of his team with a Flying-Type.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Personally, I think an arc focusing on Team Flare, Xerneas/Yveltal and Mega Evolution would be cool. However, seeing as Alain is present in the intro and Wulfric is not, it seems possible such an arc will air before Ash earns his eight badge. However, hopefully the writers will do this justice. With the correct build-up, this could preoccupy a fair amount of weeks.

I'd find yet another OO/DA rip-off to be quite jarring considering we just had one at the end of last region.

Sinnoh Battle Frontier would be interesting and could take some time off our hands, but seeing how it wasn't used to promote HG/SS (which actually did have this exact Battle Frontier, too) it will most likely be used as the arc for Sinnoh Remakes.

Maybe we could travel back to Hoenn? After all, we travelled to Kanto for FR/LG. The Sinnoh Arc did drag on for a while, so it is excused as to why Johto wasn't featured, but Hoenn also required time to be killed. But the thing is.. What would they do there? Serena could try her hand at Contests, I guess? But that would leave Ash with nothing to do, and I think we're all tired of contests after May and Dawn.

Possibly, we could get something completely anime-exclusive to bide time, or we'll be getting a lot of filler episodes post-League.

Either that or they can push the league to the end of the series by making Ash fully evolve every Dragon-Type then release it whilst slowly replacing each member of his team with a Flying-Type.

I would gladly take Contest over Performances, just say the word. Contest became more of a highlight then Ash's dull Gym Battles. So unless Serena becomes a evil queen, I would welcome her trading in the non-contest for the real deal. Performances are more about who would make a excellent house wife rather then a queen anyway, so bring on the Contest.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

We've already had some OR/AS promo in XY, so I don't see why they'd go to Hoenn too. I've had enough Hoenn hype myself. :x

Red and Blue

If there will be nothing for Ash to do while he is in Hoenn, then I'd rather just avoid going. He'd just be a useless tag along like Bonnie. while Serena gives Contests a try

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If there will be nothing for Ash to do while he is in Hoenn, then I'd rather just avoid going. He'd just be a useless tag along like Bonnie. while Serena gives Contests a try

Now that actually sounds like a good idea I would love to see. Ash being the useless tag along while a sidekick takes the glory. Sign me up for that one.

Lorde

Ash being the useless tag along while a sidekick takes the glory.

Which won't happen: He's the star so he'd never just sit back and let the others develop for a whole arc. That was the mentality when DA! was announced, and yet his friends only got one episode of true development at best. :/

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Which won't happen: He's the star so he'd never just sit back and let the others develop for a whole arc. That was the mentality when DA! was announced, and yet his friends only got one episode of true development at best. :/

I can dream. It would certainly make up for the sidekicks crappy treatment in XY and how long it takes them to get a episode dedicated to them.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Now that actually sounds like a good idea I would love to see. Ash being the useless tag along while a sidekick takes the glory. Sign me up for that one.

I'd love to see that, but I highly doubt it'll happen since it seems like the writers are in love with giving the most focus to Ash and Team Rocket.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'd love to see that, but I highly doubt it'll happen since it seems like the writers are in love with giving the most focus to Ash and Team Rocket.

You know, I'm wondering why the writers still care about Team Rocket. Compared to the game-changing nihilism of Team Galactic and the deconstructive nature of Team Plasma, a criminal organization that just wants to steal Pokemon for profit...has become rather mundane and small in the grand scheme of things. Not that I'm complaining, but it would be nice for some of the newer teams to get more focus instead of Team Rocket hogging the screen

Lorde

You know, I'm wondering why the writers still care about Team Rocket.

They still care about TR because they have tons of fans in Japan. TR's just awfully popular there it seems like, so that's why they're kept around.