• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post-Kalos League Filler Arc Idea

Navin

MALDREAD
I don't think we are getting a post kalos league arc, XYZ and the Flare arc is extending the main arc right now, I'm waiting for their plans gamewise to make a better guess but yeah not expecting anything.

Well if Gen 7 begins hypothetically fall of 2017, that leaves approximately 90 episodes left (XY will have covered 91 episodes + several specials since it started two years ago) in the series after the gym episode (XY093). That's actually a lot of episodes left. There may not be a BF length post-league arc (that was 60 episodes in AG), but a DA length (that was 20 episodes in BW) is certainly in the ropes.

Red and Blue

Yeah but that's happening before the KL, so I still want some kind of post-KL arc. I would predict some decent Pallet Town episodes, but Ash can barely be bothered to visit his mom for more than a few minutes these days.

A few episodes in Pallet Town would be nice. Did Serena ever meet Delia when she went to camp in Kanto?

redsheep

I think the answer is obvious... Elite Four arc lol

But a 2-3 episode Kiloude City arc would be nice. Reappearance from old Kalos characters would be cool too. It would be sweet to see Ash go streaking, winning battle after battle at the Battle Maison until his Pokemon get tired. Ash battling Diantha at the end would be awesome.

I would prefer that the XY series end with the League with a couple Pallet episodes at the end. I like a series that ends on a high note

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think the answer is obvious... Elite Four arc lol

If it didn't happen in DP when the E4 were hyped the most, I don't see why it would happen in XY. The Kalos E4 have only gotten small appearances (and cameos in one case) thus far.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Bumping to add Ash's latest badge win to the discussion.

Now the question is how long it'll take to get to Snowbelle City, whether or not he'll get the Iceberg Badge on his first try, and the gap between it and the League...

Sprinter1988

Bumping to add Ash's latest badge win to the discussion.

Now the question is how long it'll take to get to Snowbelle City, whether or not he'll get the Iceberg Badge on his first try, and the gap between it and the League...

With the XYZ series starting, along with a Zygarde/Team Flare plot and possibly bringing Alain into the main anime, I have a feeling that the time until Ash gets his 8th badge will be dragged out for a bit. Hopefully they won't leave it as long as Diamond and Pearl did, but you never know.

Janovy

Banned
And let's not forget about the Showcase arc too. One variable there is if Serena gets her third key in a row or if she loses (multiple times?).
I think she will lose one more time and then win her final key.

Franckie

Battle Chateau. Can't go wrong with this one, and it's a neat way of reintroducing numerous previous characters all in one setting.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Battle Chateau. Can't go wrong with this one, and it's a neat way of reintroducing numerous previous characters all in one setting.

I don't see the appeal of them heading back to that place though. Like, why not have them visit the Maison instead. :s

HanHam99

Master Trainer
Hmm... Seems like another battle frontier arc to me... Well, it would be either Battle Maison or OI/DI arc-like... What do ya say guys???

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think Ash will challenge the Battle Maison in a similar way to the Battle Frontier, maybe with a mega evolution quest as well and Serena will compete in a second Showcase quest.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Okay...broadcast data suggests they have all of December covered, along with half of January's (especially with the New Year's break).

I'll go ahead and go out on a limb and guess he'll get the Iceberg Badge in March or April (maybe later for all we know), with the League happening 3-4 months later in late summer or early fall.

Mind you, that's just a rough estimate at this point. Chances are I've got it all wrong (as usual)