• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post-Kalos League Filler Arc Idea

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think is likey after the Kalos League Ash will go back to Hoenn for a Battle Fronter their having.

That makes no sense. Ash did the Hoenn Battle Frontier in Kanto so there is no reason to do it. It would be better if he did the Sinnoh Battle Frontier.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think is likey after the Kalos League Ash will go back to Hoenn for a Battle Fronter their having.

I don't think so since we saw Hoenn's Frontier in Kanto plus Or/As promo seems mostly finished now. I don't want to see him battle those 7 Frontier Brains again. ^^;

Zoneman29

I mean a Kalos Battle Fronter in Hoenn like Hoenn Fronter Battle was in Kanto that all hoping be in the next Season.

ShadowForce720

Ok but Kalos lacks a Battle Frontier of its own to begin with and the closest thing it has to that is the Battle Maison. ^^;

Yes, but keep in mind that we didn't even know about the Battle Frontier until Emerald came out and then it was after the Hoenn league when we found out that the Battle Frontier was going to be used as a post-league arc and would take place in Kanto, so while Kalos lacks a Battle Frontier right now that's not to say that Pokémon Z or whatever it will be called won't introduce a Battle Frontier, it very well could or they could just use the Sinnoh Battle Frontier or they could have it revolve around the Battle Maison.

Also there are quite a few ideas they could use for a post-league arc.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yes, but keep in mind that we didn't even know about the Battle Frontier until Emerald came out and then it was after the Hoenn league when we found out that the Battle Frontier was going to be used as a post-league arc and would take place in Kanto, so while Kalos lacks a Battle Frontier right now that's not to say that Pokémon Z or whatever it will be called won't introduce a Battle Frontier, it very well could or they could just use the Sinnoh Battle Frontier or they could have it revolve around the Battle Maison.

Also there are quite a few ideas they could use for a post-league arc.

Pretty sure that the Battle Frontier is ruled out for future games since people don't have time or interest in it anymore. The Battle Maison has more of a chance of happening for post league.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Looks like the Showcase Arc is ending soon, so we're must be getting close...

With the Pokémon Direct in a couple of days, SOMETHING has to be coming!

Last edited by a moderator:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It'd be neat if they used the anime to expand on AZ/old Kalos

Red and Blue

Whelp...A post-Kalos arc is looking (a lot) less likely now...

Lol sure is. I just noticed that gens with even numbers (2, 4) don't have filler arcs after the League. Just straight to the new region.

If Sun/Moon are legit, then that would mean the same for Gen 6

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Okay, okay...we have about, oh...30-40 something episodes left after the Showcase finale...

Let's say Ash gets the Iceberg Badge in, say--April or May...they'll likely have about three months or so between that and the League, which itself will last about two months, give or take a week or two...then 2 or 3 episodes to wrap loose ends and set up the next series...

Not to mention weeks off (like the first week of April), Specials, and a 2 or 3 week gap between series...

Yep, its looking like they simply won't have time for a post-League story :(

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Yes which is too bad really. Now I expect a typical rushed League also.

I expected this even if we were getting a post-league arc honestly. ^^; Now I'm simply more confident that Ash will lose at the last minute so that his Kalos journey can end and make way for the gen 7 saga.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I doubt this would happen, but...Ash's father. Yes, really. The anime seems to be maturing Ash, making him less of a newb, actually playing around with the idea of romance. Stuff they've worried about tackling due to status quo. So Ash's father finally appearing is more likely now than in before(it's still like 1 in a 100, but that's better than the 1 in a million chance). At the very least, I'd find it interesting if Ash's mom and Professor Oak(who I really hope has become his step-dad at this point) got involved in the Ash/Serena plot

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I doubt this would happen, but...Ash's father. Yes, really. The anime seems to be maturing Ash, making him less of a newb, actually playing around with the idea of romance. Stuff they've worried about tackling due to status quo. So Ash's father finally appearing is more likely now than in before(it's still like 1 in a 100, but that's better than the 1 in a million chance). At the very least, I'd find it interesting if Ash's mom and Professor Oak(who I really hope has become his step-dad at this point) got involved in the Ash/Serena plot

I don't think he'll ever meet his dad since he has no relevance in the story. I think he was only mentioned once in OS any ways. ^^;