• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post-Kalos League Filler Arc Idea

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Since this is an even numbered generation/region (6th), if Pokemon does in fact rely on its repeated formula from Sinnoh and Johto there will not be a filler arc after the region... But thats just based on the aforementioned pattern of even numbered regions, it could change.

Im expecting the7th and 8th Gym to have a year long gap between them like in Sinnoh or maybe a gap between the 8th Gym and league like Unova, except this time much longer.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
They still care about TR because they have tons of fans in Japan. TR's just awfully popular there it seems like, so that's why they're kept around.

Aware of that. I guess Team Rocket in terms of the trio are pretty decent and developed characters, it's just the organization as a whole seems less interesting than later villainous teams. I feel the same for Lysandre vs Team Flare

Given James' rich body origins, Meowth's snubbing and Jessie's pauper childhood, I wonder how they'd react with Team Flare. Team Flare would probably hit them where they live

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
It seems that Ash and friends will meet Alain sometime between after meeting Olympia and before meeting Wulfric. So this idea won't happen.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Yep, the Olympia battle will happen October 22 or the 29. If not, then surely the first Thursday in November.

While it could happen, I have trouble seeing him getting the Iceberg Badge before the year is over, so it looks like he'll get it (early?) next year with a 3-4 month gap before the League.

That's where things get kind of fuzzy...

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
If there will be nothing for Ash to do while he is in Hoenn, then I'd rather just avoid going. He'd just be a useless tag along like Bonnie. while Serena gives Contests a try

Bold: Battle Maison.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Now that actually sounds like a good idea I would love to see. Ash being the useless tag along while a sidekick takes the glory. Sign me up for that one.

Ash is the main character of the show so that isn't going to happen but companions do have some episodes for their pokemon to develop. I want to see a good post arc story but that is wishful thinking.

ChampionRed

Instead of thinking along the lines of filler. I was thinking that Ash and the gang goes and visits the Hoenn reigon, and they adapt the Delta Episode with Zinnia either tagging along with Ash and the co or becomes Ash's short term rival.

Then near the end of the epsiode Ash and Zinnia have one last battle, while they play Zinna's awesome battle theme~ xD

Seeing Ash ride on Mega Rayquaza into space to fight Deoxys would be awesome imo.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Instead of thinking along the lines of filler. I was thinking that Ash and the gang goes and visits the Hoenn reigon, and they adapt the Delta Episode with Zinna either tagging along with Ash and the co or become Ashs short time rival.

Then near the end of the epsiode Ash and Zinna have one last battle, while they play Zinna's awesome battle theme~ xD

Seeing Ash ride on Mega Rayquaza into space to fight Deoxys would be awesome imo.

Knowing the anime, we'd likely still get fillers even in that scenario. OR/AS promo should be done by now anyway imo.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
OR/AS promo should be done by now anyway imo.

Heck, we pretty much already got it with Acts 2 & 3 of the Strongest Mega-Evolution (maybe some stuff in Act 4, if just because Steven's allegedly involved) , the Promo-Short, and Scottie.

Would it be nice if we had something bigger/cooler? Oh yes! (like Gym Leaders, Elite 4 members, and AG characters with Mega-Evolutions & their new looks. At the very east have Ash bring in some of his Hoenn Pokes)

But by now it would be too little, too late...

Oh, one can argue there's still a little time (the ORAS glow hasn't completely faded yet) and they need to do something to help kill time until the next Main Series game (especially since it seems like they're skipping this year), but I'm having trouble seeing it at this point.

It looks like they might have enough on their plate until the next game without Hoenn themed episodes. Though we'll have to wait and see...

Me, I have this feeling the creative team has something up their sleeves... Though what that something is I'm not sure. :\

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

Battle Maison is the best choice IMO.

AZ and/or Zinnia can also play a major role.

These would be ideal. However, the Best Wishes series was given the perfect post-league arc in the form of the Worlds Tournament (a perfect chance to bring back lots of old friends, pokemon and Gym Leaders) and all we got was some stupid Islands that no one cared about, so I wouldn't hold my breath that the Battle Maison, the AZ story or the Zinnia story will play any role in the anime. Sad, isn't it?

Lorde

These would be ideal. However, the Best Wishes series was given the perfect post-league arc in the form of the Worlds Tournament (a perfect chance to bring back lots of old friends, pokemon and Gym Leaders) and all we got was some stupid Islands that no one cared about, so I wouldn't hold my breath that the Battle Maison, the AZ story or the Zinnia story will play any role in the anime. Sad, isn't it?

I've learned never to expect good things from the anime, but a Battle Maison mini-arc (even something minor like 2-3 episodes) could be feasible in my opinion.

Sprinter1988

I've learned never to expect good things from the anime, but a Battle Maison mini-arc (even something minor like 2-3 episodes) could be feasible in my opinion.

Yes, it is feasible I suppose, though I would want Ash to get about 40% better than he currently is before doing anything like that. - Get him back up to DP League standards, bring back some old faces (Mega Charizard, Heracross, Sceptile, and Glalie I say with fingers crossed) and let's see how well he does. Let's face it, Ash is due to win something of significance - it has been a decade since he won against the Kanto Battle Frontier so...

Lorde

Well, looks like "XY & Z" will keep things busy for a while.

Yeah but that's happening before the KL, so I still want some kind of post-KL arc. I would predict some decent Pallet Town episodes, but Ash can barely be bothered to visit his mom for more than a few minutes these days.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I don't think we are getting a post kalos league arc, XYZ and the Flare arc is extending the main arc right now, I'm waiting for their plans gamewise to make a better guess but yeah not expecting anything.