• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The League starts just two episodes after the Snowbelle Gym Rematch and we're not even close to Sun and Moon's release date.

With more then 15 episodes left, what do you think will happen?

The most obvious is the conclusion of the League and the Team Flare-arc. Lets say the League lasts 7 episodes, that means that there are at least 10 episodes left for XYZ to wrap up the Team Flare arc. That's still quite a number, so there might be time for a small arc here or there.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The League starts just two episodes after the Snowbelle Gym Rematch and we're not even close to Sun and Moon's release date.

With more then 15 episodes left, what do you think will happen?

The most obvious is the conclusion of the League and the Team Flare-arc. Lets say the League lasts 7 episodes, that means that there are at least 10 episodes left for XYZ to wrap up the Team Flare arc. That's still quite a number, so there might be time for a small arc here or there.

The league will be 7 to 10 episodes, then 3 to 5 for TF, then like 2-3 for goodbyes/Pallet town episode.

Janovy

Banned
My guess is:

- League begins.
- Flare interrupts it.
- Flare climax.
- League continues.
- Maybe a filler or two.
- Departure episodes for Clemont/Bonnie/Serena

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I too think that the league might be interrupted. The league continues after team flare fails. Goodra (maybe) stays with Ash until he leaves it at Oak's lab. Ash says goodbye to all of his companions before going home.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I have no idea anymore. Hopefully when it comes time for the group to split, it's memorable and perhaps has Serena realizing that she has a better shot at her dreams in the future than she has at becoming Ash's honeybunch.

Red and Blue

If the league lasts about ten episodes and the flare finale five that leaves about nine episodes remaining. Maybe they could do a brief filler arc with Emma for seven episodes and use the last two for departure episodes

Janovy

Banned

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm not gonna say that there's no way Iris could make a reappearance, but I will say that I'm surprised that people still think she will. I think it's even less likely than Amourshipping going canon at this point.

Navin

MALDREAD
1. Round of 128: 1 v 1 preliminaries. Alain v Trevor. Ash v Random.

2. Round of 64: 2 v 2 double battles. Leprechaun v Tierno. Ash v Random.

3. Round of 32: 2 v 2 double battle. Ash v Garchomp-dude. Sweet 16: 3 v 3 standard battles. Montage of Ash winning.

4. Elite 8: Full battle. Ash v Ayaka Part 1.

5. Elite 8: Full battle. Ash v Ayaka Part 2 wraps up in the first half of episode. Final Four: Full battle. Ash v Leprechaun opening fight at end of episode.

6. Final Four: Full battle. Ash v Leprechaun Part 2.

7. Final Four: Full battle. Ash v Leprechaun (SatoSmogonfrog v Mega Sceptile) wraps up in the first half of episode. Ash and Alain prepare for championship.

8. Championship: Full battle. The Ashlain Bowl.

9. Championship: Full battle. The Ashlain Bowl. Team Flare attacks at the very end of episode when both trainers have only one Pokémon left (obviously Mega Charizard X for Alain).

10-13. Team Flare resolution. Ash and Alain face off against each other, and Alain eventually 'turns' when he realizes the truth.

14. Championship: Full battle. The Ashlain Bowl. Mega Charizard X vs SatoSmogonfrog. It's a draw, but SatoSmogonfrog falls first so Alain wins by rule. He's unhappy with the outcome, and gives Ash his X stone.

cmarston1

Animation Enthusiast
I would really like to see Iris get her cameo after the league, but things aren't looking too good for her.
I guess the tradition of past female companion returning for a few episodes before disappearing forever is gone now as well.
I guess Serena isn't going to appear in Sun and Moon if this is the case. Sigh.

With that out of the way
I expect the league to last about as long as it did in AG or DP so about 7 - 8 episodes.
After that I expect 3 episodes to conclude the Team Flare storyline
and 2 episodes concluding Serena and Clemont and Bonnie's storylines and group departures.
Maybe a filler episode if there is enough time as well.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
There is always the chance that Ash's first opponent can either be Ayaka or Garchomp-dude? I prefer it if neither of them were. As we could see more of their Pokemon in say 3v3 battle.

Kein

AKA Silktree
There should be 16 unrevealed episodes until (and including) November 10th. I personally can't see the league taking longer than 7 episodes overall even if it is interrupted. The only league that lasted that long (not counting the ceremony episodes) was Sinnoh, which not only utilized reserves but also focused unusually long on the Paul battle. In contrast, XY hasn't had a single 6vs6 battle yet and doesn't seem to be bringing back reserves, so I think it's a stretch to expect the Kalos League to be the longest.

So that only accounts for 5 more episodes. Then I'd give Team Flare 4 episodes at most, leaving 7 episodes, of which only 3 episodes should be about wrapping up the characters. Some or all of the remaining 4 episodes might be specials.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Hopefully there is an episode dedicated to Serena confessing her feelings towards Ash. And hopefully Ash invites Serena to continue to travel with him, after telling her how much he cares about her as well :).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hopefully there is an episode dedicated to Serena confessing her feelings towards Ash. And hopefully Ash invites Serena to continue to travel with him, after telling her how much he cares about her as well :).

Pretty sure that isn't going to happen. This best case scenario is Ash parting ways with his companions on the best of terms.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
They seem to be focusing more on the mystery of goodra Ash's sixth, than on the fishyness of Alain being here.

The anime really isnt that subtle.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The gap is way too small for a proper filler-arc, but it is also too long for character goodbyes.

However, the gap's size seem to be perfect for going through some of unused areas like Kiloude City and showcasing Alola Pokémon, so I expect that they will do that.

As for E4, I don't know. Having Iris appear with Drasna at the ends of series would be cool and would kill two birds with one stone, but it would also be relatively trivial.

I don't expect any specials, since they happen after the start of a new series, not the end of one.

Edit: Even then, thanks for the thread. This is actually something interesting to speculate on until we get proper confirmation.

Yeah, I could see an episode or two that takes place in Kiloude City, with the gang ending up doing some sort of shenanigans. Especially since it's literally just a train ride from Lumiose. I mean we always end on a few fillers topped with the 'Goodbye Episode', so it makes sense.

As for Iris appearing? I'd have to say it's very unlikely, I think they're either ignoring her or kicking her back to Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.