• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
-alola region: ash battle for experiences will all his poke from all 6 gens while befriending new cast members as they go for the pokemon league for the first time.
--Ash DOESN't compete in alola league, just watches his friend as a support while she/he gets gym badges and competes in alola league
-champion league is the 22nd movie

Sorry but no. Ash always goes to the pokemon league of each region and it is always in the anime series. Ash is going to compete in the Alola league.

dp045

Well I guess the Post-League be closing weft Team Flare and perhaps the conclusion of the Battle of Alain vs Ash, as this may be interrupted by Team Flare. After that I just hope two chapters filling Bounces Clemont, Bonnie and Serena (I hope the latter is emotional and a satisfactory closure) and maybe a final episode where we can see all the pokemon Ash in the laboratory of Professor Oak.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
You know, if one thinks about it, Alain losing to Ash could potentially cause him to be driven further into Team Flare as oppose to him just winning and then Ash needs to beat him to convince him otherwise in the Team Flare Arc. Malva would see Alain's defeat as a sign of weakness and Alain would have to work extra hard now for Team Flare if he wants Marin and Chespie to be safe and happy. And he would be also less willingly to listen to Ash and would try to fight him again as a means to compensate for his "weakness" (since he's always trying to be the strongest).

I just have a feeling that Lysandre placed a bomb inside of Chespie that he can remotely detonate at any time.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
You know, if one thinks about it, Alain losing to Ash could potentially cause him to be driven further into Team Flare as oppose to him just winning and then Ash needs to beat him to convince him otherwise in the Team Flare Arc. Malva would see Alain's defeat as a sign of weakness and Alain would have to work extra hard now for Team Flare if he wants Marin and Chespie to be safe and happy. And he would be also less willingly to listen to Ash and would try to fight him again as a means to compensate for his "weakness" (since he's always trying to be the strongest).

Why does this sound eerily similar to anakin in revenge of the sith?

RedR

This sound EPIC! I vote this! +1! It's kind of like the N arc!

Torterraaaa

I just realised, there is one gaping plot-hole that hasn't been addressed yet which may be the focus of some of the post-league: wtf is Ash-Greninja. I bet Diantha has piad a trip to the ninja village and has some answers.

Vivian

I was thinking about it, and ash allways bring at least one old pokemon at the end of a generation. In Houen and Unova he didnt called his older ones to league, but after houen there was Battle frontier, and he called them back, and after unova, he called charizard back. So, probably ash will still call back an old pokemon, and if his sixth pokemon in the league is goodra, he will call someone after the league. A champions league would be great for this. We would have around 6 episodes for it. He might lose on the second battle, or even the first one, i dont mind if the battles are great. Around 8 episodes of fillers would be just bad. If he won the champions league, it would be perfect. So that , he could go to Alola to challenge E4, and not gym leaders, leting a new trainer challenging gyms. Ash could be his or her master.

RickHoenn

Banned
I was doing some math based on previous years' patterns/when the episode tiles are revealed, etc and it seems XY might end around 140 or 141 episodes, less than BW but counting the 140/141 + 4 Mega Evolution specials = 144/145.

PAndrews

Not really, Alain respects Ash and deemed him strong enough to go out and collect badges and enter the League with the sole purpose of having a proper match with him. Add that TF has to trick him into helping by pretenting to be good and it makes no sense for Alain to ever back them up once they reveal they are evil.

At this point I say give Ash the win at the League, then in the TF climax let him fight Lysandre (its about time we get to see him take on a regional boss) and finally the Champions League, which he doesn't win, but gets far before moving on to Aloha.
Maybe even add that he can enter the Champions League in any region now and give him a toung protege to go after badges and the regular League while he spends the region training both new and old Pokemon for the next Champions League

nameman

Not really, Alain respects Ash and deemed him strong enough to go out and collect badges and enter the League with the sole purpose of having a proper match with him. Add that TF has to trick him into helping by pretenting to be good and it makes no sense for Alain to ever back them up once they reveal they are evil.

At this point I say give Ash the win at the League, then in the TF climax let him fight Lysandre (its about time we get to see him take on a regional boss) and finally the Champions League, which he doesn't win, but gets far before moving on to Aloha.
Maybe even add that he can enter the Champions League in any region now and give him a toung protege to go after badges and the regular League while he spends the region training both new and old Pokemon for the next Champions League

The only way that would possibly work is if the Champions League was like the Pokemon League in that past League Champions fought each other in a tournament to decide who faces the E4. Since that isn't the case, I don't think that's the best idea.

PAndrews

The only way that would possibly work is if the Champions League was like the Pokemon League in that past League Champions fought each other in a tournament to decide who faces the E4. Since that isn't the case, I don't think that's the best idea.

Problem is we don't know what the Champions League is exactly, all we know is that winning a regular League lets you enter. Its about time the writers showed this and for that to happen Ash is going to need to win a League.
Maybe its a tournament that both qualified trainers and E4 members enter and the winner gets a shot at the Champion (and his/her title) while the top 4 become the "new" E4. We still don't know how the whole earning of the "Champ and E4" titles work in the Anime after all

Problem is we don't know what the Champions League is exactly, all we know is that winning a regular League lets you enter. Its about time the writers showed this and for that to happen Ash is going to need to win a League.
Maybe its a tournament that both qualified trainers and E4 members enter and the winner gets a shot at the Champion (and his/her title) while the top 4 become the "new" E4. We still don't know how the whole earning of the "Champ and E4" titles work in the Anime after all

A common mistake/misconception is calling the league after the regular league "Champions" League. Its actually called champion league. And you probably dont need to beat all 4 E4 to challenge the champion of the respective region to be crowned the new one.. Now the actual Champions League is the league between all the regions Champions. The winner of that league is probably named the infamous "Pokemon Master"

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I just realised, there is one gaping plot-hole that hasn't been addressed yet which may be the focus of some of the post-league: wtf is Ash-Greninja. I bet Diantha has piad a trip to the ninja village and has some answers.

What more about Ash-Greninja do we really need to know? It's a once every 100 year occurrence that happens when a trainer and his Pokémon have an incredibly strong bond that formulates a form that takes the appearance of the trainer. While also giving off power equal to that of Mega Evolution (possibly even more).

As a drawback you and your Pokémon share the pain as apposed to just the Pokémon.

If you're referring to Hero Greninja's origin story, I don't feel that's important enough to really elaborate on personally.

A common mistake/misconception is calling the league after the regular league "Champions" League. Its actually called champion league. And you probably dont need to beat all 4 E4 to challenge the champion of the respective region to be crowned the new one.. Now the actual Champions League is the league between all the regions Champions. The winner of that league is probably named the infamous "Pokemon Master"

Yeah you're just making up stuff. Where was this ever stated?

Status
Not open for further replies.