• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think they would do anything special for the anniversary in my opinion. There only needs to be one farewell episode. After losing the league, Ash probably takes his time heading to the airport and have a sad farewell with his friends before eventually departing in my opinion.

But Ash wouldn't be able to leave his friends right after beating the League and going back to Kanto; we've still got 5 months (approx. 20 episodes) until the release of Sun and Moon, so therefore, the XY anime must go around for a bit until a few days before the release of Sun and Moon. Within that five months, there are many possibilities that the writers could do with Ash and his friends, but could be filled up with filler episodes. And yet, there's still a possible TF arc right after the League.

nameman

But Ash wouldn't be able to leave his friends right after beating the League and going back to Kanto; we've still got 5 months (approx. 20 episodes) until the release of Sun and Moon, so therefore, the XY anime must go around for a bit until a few days before the release of Sun and Moon. Within that five months, there are many possibilities that the writers could do with Ash and his friends, but could be filled up with filler episodes. And yet, there's still a possible TF arc right after the League.

It's not possible. This Arc is happening.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's not possible. This Arc is happening.

You'd mean definite. Looking forward to see Complete Zygarde in the arc there and we'll possibly see more Zygarde Cores there.

Janovy

Banned
Okay guys, let's talk about something.

Let us assume Ash defeats Alain. What happens next? The logical next step would be challenging the Kalos E4 but there don't seem to be enough episodes left for that arc to be covered in full and S/M games are approaching their release which means a new anime series to promote S/M needs to start in November.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty

Let us assume Ash defeats Alain. What happens next? The logical next step would be challenging the Kalos E4 but there don't seem to be enough episodes left for that arc to be covered in full and S/M games are approaching their release which means a new anime series to promote S/M needs to start in November.

Pretty much this is the proverbial "elephant in the room" against Ash winning the league. Assuming we have no breaks the "Greninja" episode would be on the 22nd of September which leaves us about 4-5 episodes before November to conclude the XY anime (possibly fewer to account for time to promote and produce the Sun/Moon anime). Two episodes will likely be taken up for build-up to Alola which leaves us about 2 or 3 episodes for a championship arc (assuming the Greninja episode is part of the Team Flare arc) which seems a bit rushed for such an arc.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
There are a few options. Since the whole flare arc happens right after the league, ash could just decline the champions league. He could also challenge and he would just get beat bad by the first elite four and would show that he is still far from being a pokemon master. Then he goes to kalos.

Janovy

Banned
There are a few options. Since the whole flare arc happens right after the league, ash could just decline the champions league. He could also challenge and he would just get beat bad by the first elite four and would show that he is still far from being a pokemon master. Then he goes to kalos.
Would he lose immediately though? I imagine he'd at least manage to reach the second E4 before losing.

BlazeKnight7

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Perhaps due to the team Flare thing (and Malvia likely being arrested or at least kicked out of the E4), Diantha allows Ash to challenge her directly in a special match and Ash just narrowly loses. I feel there's no way Ash isn't gonna at least have some interaction with Diantha again, considering she's the only champion Ash has actually had a legitimate battle against

Epicocity

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Perhaps due to the team Flare thing (and Malvia likely being arrested or at least kicked out of the E4), Diantha allows Ash to challenge her directly in a special match and Ash just narrowly loses. I feel there's no way Ash isn't gonna at least have some interaction with Diantha again, considering she's the only champion Ash has actually had a legitimate battle against

This is what I assume to be the most likely outcome. Malva being outwardly on TF pretty much breaks the E4 system in Kalos comparative to the games where she seemed to utterly escape detection somehow.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

Ash just needs to fight one E4 member (probably Malva) or only Diantha. Losing to the first opponent would show how far he still is to finally become a master. Two episodes and that's it. He still isn't stronger E4 level. No problem at all.

Red and Blue

Wouldn't Malva face criminal charges for her involvement with Flare? Especially since it is confirmed she will be an active player

Janovy

Banned
Wouldn't Malva face criminal charges for her involvement with Flare? Especially since it is confirmed she will be an active player
Unless she remains in the background and flees without leaving any trace of her involvement.

Red and Blue

If Malva actively fights(possibly against Ash or even Diantha), then I dont see how she can escape punishment. Might affect Ash doing the Championship league

Janovy

Banned
Alan already knows
Hmm. Then Malva can feign ignorance and pretend she didn't know what Lysandre's true intentions were.

I would like it if at the very last second Malva turned at Lysandre to save her own skin.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Hmm. Then Malva can feign ignorance and pretend she didn't know what Lysandre's true intentions were.

I would like it if at the very last second Malva turned at Lysandre to save her own skin.

that would be hilarious, shes clearly not as invested in these plans as the rest of them so itd make sense

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
After stopping team flare and Lysandre, Ash probably spends a few episodes with his companions and is proud of gaining top 2. Eventually, there be a farewell episode and Ash leaves on a plane back to Pallet Town. He visits his mom, professor and his pokemon at the lab before learning of Alola and make plans to leave. All this is what I think is going to happen but this is my opinion/speculation.

Navin

MALDREAD

As I wrote before:

1. Ash wins the KL
2. Flare finale
3. Diantha and rest of E4 (perhaps Malva is arrested, so there' s a missing slot) are unable to do the formal challenge right now because they have to clean up Flare's mess
4. Ash completes Alola
6. Returns for Champion/E4 challenge

Ashton Ketchum

Ash just needs to fight one E4 member (probably Malva) or only Diantha. Losing to the first opponent would show how far he still is to finally become a master. Two episodes and that's it. He still isn't stronger E4 level. No problem at all.

As I said earlier, Ash should beat Diantha, because his first two battles was interrupted, and in third battle should luck. He became a champion, next - filler episode in Sycomure's laboratory with two new trainers (boy and girl) and choice with starter Pokemon. Also in there, or later, episode with Braxien evolution. And then Ash with friends come in Kanto for celebrating his victory, and 11th birthday. And this episode should be very Special with all main characters from previous seasons, and Cassidy and Butch. After party, Serena decide back in Kalos for her dream, Deddene like Piplup in final of DP, and in the Ash comes with Serena, for help in fulfill her dream, in gratitude for her help to fulfill his dream. The end of Kalos saga and Ash's story. Beautiful, emotional and epic! And Beginning of story a new main character in Alola.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxupxTrv-90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvum-dDCLY0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.